Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Yeti? in the News & Rumors forums; P.S. the Passholder Everest event was tonight. No difference to the Yeti. In fact, it seemed like the whole thing was an EMH with a DJ added....
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Yeti?

P.S. the Passholder Everest event was tonight. No difference to the Yeti. In fact, it seemed like the whole thing was an EMH with a DJ added.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly with the above, think you can add MIB, The Mummy and Dueling Dragons to that list too. (Dueling Dragons is especially impressive).

As someone who only gets to visit Florida every few years or so I can appreciate the changes a lot more than someone say who visits even twice a year.

Whilst Universal have continued to improve vastly over the years, Disney IMO have stalled and even perhaps gone backwards a little. Whereas Universal have invested in new Parks like IOA and pumped lots and lots of money into the Studios, Disney seem to have done things a little half heartedly and the things they have changed havent always been for the good.

I have no doubts Disney invest a lot of money in the parks but it seems they are not doing it in the right areas or not putting enough in. Whilst Universal are adding things new things all the time and bringing in all new technology which frankly a lot of blows Disney out the water. They are still keeping the old rides such as Jaws and E.T fresh, the ironic thing is they manage this by doing very little, just basic maintenance to keep it looking good.

On the other hand Disney seem to alienate the purists by doing silly alterations to classic rides or replace them with gimmicks.

Haunted Mansion - Taken the hitchiker mirrors out and replaced with a garish screen that looks frankly awful. Admittedly they say it is temporary, but how many times have we heard that over the years.

POTC - Jack Sparrow, O.K this doesnt really look awful but adds absolutely nothing either, I dont think he quite fits in with the older AAs either.

20k - Gone to be replaced with....nothing.

Backlot Tour - Taken all the good bits out and now relies more or less totally on Catastrophe Canyon which really doesn't work.

The Great Movie Ride - Taken all good parts out this too and replaced them with nothing.

Alien Encounter - The only genuine Thrill ride closed, nothing done to improve the ride reopens with Stitch headlining totally toned down and is now extremely poor.

Mr Toad - The less said the better really.

When I first visited Florida around 15 years ago Universal was a horrible park it was dirty, rundown and just didn't have a nice feel to it at all. Disney on the other hand was amazing and I couldn't quite believe how magical and how everything worked so well.

The power now appears to be switching, and with every visit to IOA or the Studios it gets a little better whereas with Disney its like something else has closed, even simple things as your favourite store closing or they've stopped selling a souvenir you liked or your favourite food.

This is my second negative post of the night and for that I apologise, I love Disney very much and I only moan as I hope they will soon realise the error of their ways and start listening to us the people who really matter.

I fear if they dont address this sort of thing then we could soon see Universal take over as the big name within the Parks in Florida.

Apologies also for going a bit off topic!
    We are making a single stop each at MK and Universal this year. I am honestly looking forward to seeing Harry Potter then I am the MK. It will be our first strip to Universal and I can't wait. I'm not looking forward to the construction at MK at all.

It'll be another year before we get back with enough time to go through all the Disney Parks and I get another chance to take my first ride on EE. I took my daughters all the way back there on our last trip and they freaked out. I hope the Yeti is fixed by then but I'm not holding my breath.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

The coconut telegraph (wildly speculative rumors) holds that the Yeti will not be fixed until another E ticket attraction rises up at DAK. My guess is that will be 10+ years from now.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I wouldn't doubt that. They simply cannot afford to close down EE, it's THE biggest draw in that park. But, with another E ticket, sure. I wouldn't say it will be ten years, though. I'm pretty sure Avatarland (or whatever they decide to call it) will have at least one E ticket. With the flying scenes from that movie I can easily see either a Soarin'-style flight sim ride, or possibly an inverted coaster (which is where I'd put my money).

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Yes, it is going to depend heavily on what they do with "Avatarland". If they follow through with it, there definitely should be an E-ticket. It may wind up being only an E-ticket...or it might end up nothing. Depends on if they follow their current standard practice and open their mouths wider than their wallets.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    The coconut telegraph (wildly speculative rumors) holds that the Yeti will not be fixed until another E ticket attraction rises up at DAK. My guess is that will be 10+ years from now.

But the Yeti is FINE!!! Didn't you know it's the most SOPHISTICATED AA ever built!!!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345