Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss How Long will Captin Eo Stay? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by elvistelth I've seen both and frankly I'd like a third alternative. Captain EO was never any good in my estimation and HISTK was there far too long. ...
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: How Long will Captin Eo Stay?

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I've seen both and frankly I'd like a third alternative. Captain EO was never any good in my estimation and HISTK was there far too long. I'd like them to replace both films with something creative and fresh but I'm beginning to believe that's expecting too much from Disney these days. It seems they are all about quick and cheap now.
    In total agreement
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    really...? you love HISTA...? having never seen EO i am curious... but not to the point of racing to see it in Aug when i go down... but i cannot remember the last time i actually went to HISTA... it lost appeal to me a long time ago...
    I do love it because i think it is a really fun show to see. I do think it is dated but I still like it.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I found it amusing to view again after not seeing it since it first appeared. It is very dated, but I thought the 3-D was pretty good, especially since 3-D is making a big resurgence these days. I have a hunch that it will stay as long as there are people filling the theater.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

First one barely lasted. I can't see this one having any staying power, either. I think something like Tron is too dated for a long-standing attraction. How silly does the Peoplemover spiel from Disneyland sound these days when you hear the old Tron announcement?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    First one barely lasted. I can't see this one having any staying power, either. I think something like Tron is too dated for a long-standing attraction. How silly does the Peoplemover spiel from Disneyland sound these days when you hear the old Tron announcement?
    There is a new Tron movie coming out later this year so I wouldn't say it's dated right now. But we'll see in a couple of years.

Personally, with 3-D everywhere right now, I think it would be better to gut out that theatre and hopefully create a great long-term investment. After I see Captain EO of course!
    "It's a small world after all..."

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

HISTA will have shone its last show when EO replaces it... guaranteed... something new will replace EO when it has run its course...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    HISTA will have shone its last show when EO replaces it... guaranteed... something new will replace EO when it has run its course...
    I agree. It better be something non movie related too. Give us something original or an awesome show with Figment. I think the Muppets in MGM need a new video as well. The film is grainy and old and I think it is time for a new Muppet 3D film.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i really didnt care for HISTA.. my hubby raved and raved about it.. and i like its tough to be a bug better.. EO is cool because its 80's and i love everything that is 80's and i love getting a chance to see it because my parents wouldnt take me to disneyworld
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Sorry EO fans and those who have yet to see it , but I hope it has a relatively short stay. Granted, I've seen it before and we just didn't care to take the time to see it at DL when we were there and we won't go see it if it's still at WDW next time we go. Has nothin' to do with MJ's questionable past really, it's just even more dated than HISTA and it's plain and simply time to move on, folks!
    But, not wanting to be selfish, I do hope most of those that have never seen it, and want to, get a chance before it goes...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

i remember this film being very dark and grainy back in the 80's...good luck on the quality now
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    i remember this film being very dark and grainy back in the 80's...good luck on the quality now
    It seems like all their 3D films are grainy these days. I think I am just use to HD now. Philharmagic looks good but Tough to be a Bug looks grainy too. That one just needs some restoration though since I still love that one. HISTA and Muppets just need new films entirely though.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i agree.. some of those show feel they have been running forever.. i understand why they brang EO back.. there is a whole age group out now who didnt make it back then or their just become MJ fans.. i dont think it needs to run long.. but i think a nice lil couple of months work
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    It seems like all their 3D films are grainy these days. I think I am just use to HD now. Philharmagic looks good but Tough to be a Bug looks grainy too. That one just needs some restoration though since I still love that one. HISTA and Muppets just need new films entirely though.
    have you been there lately...? i heard the refurbishment on MV 3D helped to clear up the graininess of the film, and it converted the theater to a new projection system... i have not seen it yet but i will in a little over a month... ill let you know if it is still in rough shape... unless youve seen it already...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12