Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss FL being revised? in the News & Rumors forums; What is sad to me is that Disney is doing this to compete with Universal after the addition on the Harry Potter section and it doesn't seem like Disney is ...
    Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: FL being revised?

What is sad to me is that Disney is doing this to compete with Universal after the addition on the Harry Potter section and it doesn't seem like Disney is going to even come close to matching Universal on this one. Fairies and princesses are not going to bring in extra revenue. People that don't go to Disney now don't go because this is what they think all Disney is, just princesses and girly stuff. Pleasing the 5-9 year old girl fanbase will not help at all. If they really wanted to compete with Universal Orlando, they should have added more Star Wars and Indiana Jones to Hollywood Studios.

Also I must take notice that Pixie Hollow is based off of a direct to DVD franchise.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    Also I must take notice that Pixie Hollow is based off of a direct to DVD franchise.
    excellent point
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I was listening to Lou's recent podcast and there was a comment about how Disney needed a historian. I agree. Someone should be tasked with keeping all of this history alive. I think we are getting a little off topic here but more focus on Disney's history would help a lot in these matters.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

Let's face it...the days of old are gone...Disney no longer thinks with it's imagination...it now thinks with it's wallet...unfortunately that is finally catching up to them. Maybe they need to go back to what worked...movies...not cgi cartoons...real people on film...and don't release them to The Disney Channel...and enough with the singing teens that can't sing without using an autotune.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyRulez View Post
    Let's face it...the days of old are gone...Disney no longer thinks with it's imagination...it now thinks with it's wallet...unfortunately that is finally catching up to them. Maybe they need to go back to what worked...movies...not cgi cartoons...real people on film...and don't release them to The Disney Channel...and enough with the singing teens that can't sing without using an autotune.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

that is what i meant when i said all of the old school imagineers... Walt's people are no longer around... guys like Bob Gurr are either retired or have sadly passed... and Lou's right they need someone to help them drive up the past... back to what worked... what REALLY worked...! especially on this one...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

i'm afraid the "golden age of disney" is in the rearview mirror
    i don't anticipate things getting better at the parks
    i think the company has grown too big and has lost touch with what has got them there in the first place

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

maybe we should start an "anti-pixie hollow" petition haha
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

What if they made an E-ticket attraction where they can capture the attention of both boys and girls? Maybe something with Aladdin. It is one of my favorite movies and I know that people love the movie. This film is really lacking the notoriety it deserves in the parks, let's be honest the Magic Carpets of Aladdin is really nothing but Dumbo with rugs.

Boys get Aladdin a rough tough witty guy. While the girls get Jasmine the beautiful graceful princess. Then everyone can appreciate the antics of the Genie. Then they can pull Jafar into it so they can throw a plot twist into the whole thing.

I'm not saying Disney should go hog wild with the thrills I would just like to see something else that is a crowd pleaser. Something along the thrill lines of Splash or Dinosaur.

I know I would make sure I got to WDW just to experience that ride.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Quote Originally Posted by supermariodrums View Post
    What if they made an E-ticket attraction where they can capture the attention of both boys and girls? Maybe something with Aladdin.
    that sounds smarter than what they are planning
    jim hill media (a dubious source) has an article that says disney is already rethinking the fantasyland changes if the article is correct it is a somewhat good sign
    http://jimhillmedia.com/Editor_In_Ch...g-revised.aspx
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 07-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

well if John Lasseter is truly in charge of all of this... he better tell his people that more needs to be done...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I believe Hill has always had the best inside information to all things Disney. He, several years ago spoke of the Suites on the other side of Pop. People Poo Poo'd him, obviously it was delayed, but is going to happen. Since D23 and the blog launched, there are few "news" or rumors that get out before it is seen on the D23 Blog. I am a conspiracy thinker and believe D23 and Mousefest being gone indeed went hand in hand. Disney has always had binding agreements with "players" that accepted into the fold you do not talk about agreements.

Fantasyland will be a stop bye for my family but after once I doubt it will be on our To Do List. Harry Potter is likely to be a long term draw for Universal. So many Disney Tourists are going to be 1st timers at Universal. Many will learn it isn't Disney but a great place to spend a couple of days in Orlando. My prediction is so many will chop a day or 2 off their Disney Park passes and spend some time at Universal Parks.
    Ya, we will all still favor Disney but that will be a chunk of change Disney will loose to Universal and FL and StarWars update won't put an end to the Universal-Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Fantasyland will be a stop bye for my family but after once I doubt it will be on our To Do List. Harry Potter is likely to be a long term draw for Universal. So many Disney Tourists are going to be 1st timers at Universal. Many will learn it isn't Disney but a great place to spend a couple of days in Orlando. My prediction is so many will chop a day or 2 off their Disney Park passes and spend some time at Universal Parks.
    Ya, we will all still favor Disney but that will be a chunk of change Disney will loose to Universal and FL and StarWars update won't put an end to the Universal-Harry Potter.
    I will visit Fantasyland just as much I usually do if the current plans stay in place. Out of all the new things they are adding only the Little Mermaid ride seems worthwhile. So hopefully a change will happen and we will get more than just Princess meet and greets. Yes a Star Wars update won't put an end to Universal and Harry Potter. That is obvious. Potter fans are going to go to Universal no matter what. Disney, even before Potter, should have always made the Star Wars presence larger in MGM though. I think adding more attractions featuring Star Wars will increase revenue for Disney. Not just an update to the current ride but a whole section of the park dedicated to the franchise would bring in a lot of guests. I don't think a ride simulator is going to bring in the masses but if Disney does with Star Wars what Universal did with Harry Potter, I think Disney would benefit. Star Wars is and will always be bigger than Harry Potter. Potter will be big for awhile but I really don't think it has the longevity of Star Wars.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

ive been reading on other boards that pixie hollow has been scrapped completely
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast