Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss FL being revised? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by ERich2010 ive been reading on other boards that pixie hollow has been scrapped completely YESSSSSSSSS. I hope it is true....
    Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: FL being revised?

Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    ive been reading on other boards that pixie hollow has been scrapped completely
    YESSSSSSSSS. I hope it is true.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Wow. That's pretty major. I had hoped that the Pixies would have been put out there for fans but I'm not sure that they had enough long term draw. I hope that they will be available for a meet and greet still.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

I hear someone (I forget his name) in Imagineering wants Pixie Hallow axed for a Frontierland expansion. So it sounds like someone there heard our complaints. though I personally would've preferred something for Adventureland.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Wow. That's pretty major. I had hoped that the Pixies would have been put out there for fans but I'm not sure that they had enough long term draw. I hope that they will be available for a meet and greet still.
    some of the other boards suggested they put tink up in the old skyway building for a meet and greet. that way, its right next to PPF
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i would not be surprised... they need something better than a direct to video franchise to compete with HP... i dunno maybe something based on a gender friendly Disney franchise... i just dont know which one yet...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

There are a lot of gender neutral Disney properties I feel that can work. Aladdin sticks out for me. Whatever they replace it with though will probably only be a meet and greet anyways though so it is not too exciting for me. I agree with Dragonrider also that they should add to Adventureland. Adventureland has not had anything new in forever.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    YESSSSSSSSS. I hope it is true.
    Same here. Either bump them all in with the princesses or scrap the whole 'girls-only' area altogether.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Same here. Either bump them all in with the princesses or scrap the whole 'girls-only' area altogether.
    agreed...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    I don't think a ride simulator is going to bring in the masses but if Disney does with Star Wars what Universal did with Harry Potter, I think Disney would benefit. Star Wars is and will always be bigger than Harry Potter. Potter will be big for awhile but I really don't think it has the longevity of Star Wars.
    Simulators in Disney are 20 years old already. Tech has come a long way. They even have simulators in Six Flags now. I think Harry will have the staying power to Star Wars. Harry has a strong hold on the youth and also slurped in the parents and some grandparents with their books.

Lordie! Hope you are right. Doubt the Hallow was on most visitors Must Do List.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    I hear someone (I forget his name) in Imagineering wants Pixie Hallow axed for a Frontierland expansion. So it sounds like someone there heard our complaints. though I personally would've preferred something for Adventureland.
    I'd take either Frontierland or Adventureland. But Disney is known for putting major plans on ice. Look at Phase two of Pop and AK expansion, still waiting. DHS still waiting on the long awaited Roller Coaster. It would be nice to see some of these projects actually come off the drawing boards.

some of the other boards suggested they put tink up in the old skyway building for a meet and greet. that way, its right next to PPF
    The Problem with the Skyway is it is not ADA accessible. Does give some nice shade for the Ice Cream Cart though. They need to knock down the FL Skyway as they did the one in TL.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'd take either Frontierland or Adventureland. But Disney is known for putting major plans on ice. Look at Phase two of Pop and AK expansion, still waiting. It would be nice to see some of these projects actually come off the drawing boards.
    Remember, expansion for Pop has been scrapped in favor of the new animation resort.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Big question though does Disney have a current franchise that will pull people in for years to come? Narnia wasn't it, Pirates I don't think will. Could it be TRON? How about Marvel once they figure out how to pull it from Universal? I think that they have missed the boat with some of their older cartoons that just aren't as relevant now. I still think a Robin Hood dark ride would have worked in Fantasyland and would still be relevant if it were open. I think the speculation that families will give up a day at Disney for HP is right on the money. But I think it will have more of an affect on AK or Epcot then MK. I think when most people say I'm gong to DisneyWorld, they mean MK and not the resort as a whole.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I wish they could make something that WASNT movie related.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

BamaEd1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I wish they could make something that WASNT movie related.
    I with you. I want an attraction so good that they can base a movie on IT, not the other way around. Either that or stick with the Fantasy Land Forest theme and put in a Villains dark ride/coaster/mountain/dark forest area; gender neutral, thrill ride and AWESOME!!!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

Unfortunately, with familiarity being the name of a game I don't see that happening. Especially if Disney is trying to compete with Harry Potter. You don't compete with an established franchise with something unfamiliar.

BamaEd1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    Unfortunately, with familiarity being the name of a game I don't see that happening. Especially if Disney is trying to compete with Harry Potter. You don't compete with an established franchise with something unfamiliar.
    Good point on the "brand new icon." Still, the Villains Mountain relies on existing tradition and success but can be new. It just has to be done on the level of the haunted mansion; immersive from first sight (even before you even get to the queue). It also must be a great attraction/mountain in the spirit of all of the other mountains, including Everest (except for not properly designing the ride's finale).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast