Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Frontierland Expansion? in the News & Rumors forums; something tells me little boys are just not influenced by Tom Sawyer as they once were... and not for nothing but between Splash Mountain with song of the south and ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Frontierland Expansion?

something tells me little boys are just not influenced by Tom Sawyer as they once were...

and not for nothing but between Splash Mountain with song of the south and Tom Sawyer and the link to Huck Finn... doesnt anyone at all think MK is being a bit ignorant...? dont get me wrong... love SM... but just a thought...

i know... im probably being too politically correct here... just another argument for arguments sake....
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

After The Jungle Cruise lost it's right to "bear arms" and the Pirates lost their rights to chase women, I think The MK is PC enough, thank you XD

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not so sure. I hadn't been to Tom Sawyer Island in literally over 15 years or more. I went back, just for kicks, on my last trip and was instantly reminded of why I never went back. And honestly, does anyone really ever rush right over to the River Boat ride these days? I say drain the river and give us something with re-rideability.
    No, they should keep the riverboats and the river even if nobody is rushing to ride it. It's part of the look of Frontierland and it's a great way to relax when your tired, but not tired enough to go back to the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney.Gen.2.0 View Post
    No, they should keep the riverboats and the river even if nobody is rushing to ride it. It's part of the look of Frontierland and it's a great way to relax when your tired, but not tired enough to go back to the hotel.

realize what your saying here... even if no one is rushing to ride it... im not sure Disney or any theme park is in the business of building attractions that people will just look at and not ride... and they will be able to keep the look of Frontierland even it is without a river and a riverboat in the background...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    realize what your saying here... even if no one is rushing to ride it... im not sure Disney or any theme park is in the business of building attractions that people will just look at and not ride... and they will be able to keep the look of Frontierland even it is without a river and a riverboat in the background...

I see your point, but they're not building the riverboats, just keeping them active. The park would be out of balance "land to water" wise if they got rid of the river. The moat around the castle would be it, and you can't really see it. I don't know if it's worth ruining the aesthetic of Frontierland just to add a few more rides when there is sooooo much land left to build on in WDW.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney.Gen.2.0 View Post
    I see your point, but they're not building the riverboats, just keeping them active. The park would be out of balance "land to water" wise if they got rid of the river. The moat around the castle would be it, and you can't really see it. I don't know if it's worth ruining the aesthetic of Frontierland just to add a few more rides when there is sooooo much land left to build on in WDW.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

i understand where you are coming from but they maybe able to build a rather large bridge over to Tom Sawyer Island, and that would allow them to take full advantage of all that land in the background...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i understand where you are coming from but they maybe able to build a rather large bridge over to Tom Sawyer Island, and that would allow them to take full advantage of all that land in the background...
    Now that I can get behind. Keep the river build a bridge (nice idea) and maybe park the boats. Make it so!

i like that... but im in the belief that Tom Sawyer must go... it is time... and like mike and i have said... majority of people dont go there and young boys barely even know who Tom Sawyer is anyway...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12