Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Frontierland Expansion? in the News & Rumors forums; word about town is that with the recent revision of the Fantasyland Expansion, they are going to add more attractions into Frontierland. That way, they can even out the girl ...
    ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

Frontierland Expansion?

word about town is that with the recent revision of the Fantasyland Expansion, they are going to add more attractions into Frontierland. That way, they can even out the girl with the boy elements. problem with rumors is that theres just no plain hard facts!

if anyone has anymore information, that would be fantastic
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Frontierland Expansion?

well first problem i would see with this is where would they expand to. you'd have to go round the river bank, possibly behind the 2 mountains? but then you're impeding onto the railroad. This would also be the problem expanding into the CM area where the floats for the parades are stored.

So i dnt really see it happening. Not in the near future anyway

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

My guess is they will just cut out one meet and greet area and throw in another. It will probably be like meet Woody and Jesse or something in Frontierland.
    I would like to see Adventureland take on something new though.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm not even sure what the heck they could add, unless they bombard us with boring Woody-esque stuff. And the western theme was a very small part of the Toy Story concept beyond Woody and Jesse being cowboys and cowgirls. After Walt's death, Disney stopped focusing on the West, Dinosaurs, and live animals. It took a clever bit of Imagineering to turn a movie about the South into a ride about the West to begin with.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Nothing more than a rumor at this point. There have been many ideas in the past and they may be considering some again - although as said there isn't any real room without sacrificing something.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

Jeffrey's Show: Is Frontierland expansion next at Magic Kingdom FL?

heres the best summary of what people have been saying, and how they would get the space.

as for attractions, ive read things from bringing over some of the "grizzly trail" attractions from HKDL, to creating a new e-ticket ride.

its also curious how a lot of these threads confirming the expansion have been quelled by somebody, most likely disney execs
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i wouldnt be against this... but filing in the RoA would be strange... wouldnt it...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i wouldnt be against this... but filing in the RoA would be strange... wouldnt it...?
    Not so sure. I hadn't been to Tom Sawyer Island in literally over 15 years or more. I went back, just for kicks, on my last trip and was instantly reminded of why I never went back. And honestly, does anyone really ever rush right over to the River Boat ride these days? I say drain the river and give us something with re-rideability.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not so sure. I hadn't been to Tom Sawyer Island in literally over 15 years or more. I went back, just for kicks, on my last trip and was instantly reminded of why I never went back. And honestly, does anyone really ever rush right over to the River Boat ride these days? I say drain the river and give us something with re-rideability.
    i guess your right... ive been over to Tom Sawyer isle twice, and once on the river boat... yeh... not too many people would miss it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...

Even if the Riverboats are not as popular as they once were, the river and the boats add a lot of character to the area. I would be upset.
    The Island I see more likely to see some changes. I'm surprised they haven't comverted to Pirate Island yet.
    I'm thinking this might just be in the "Blue Sky" planning stage and might be the last we ever hear of it. so I wouldn't put my hopes up yet.
    "It's a small world after all..."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

If you look at Google Earth, Behind Frontierland (Shooting area) their is some good space in back and they could easily move the Carpet ride.

Here is a good post I've found on WDWMagic.

Fantasyland news - Aerial view of the Fantasyland expansion construction site - foundations being poured

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Please do NOT! fill in the river! I love the Liberty Belle, and that entire area around Liberty Square near the river. Yes, we could fit so many attractions in there, but attractions can't be the only priority. Disney wouldn't be a quarter as magical as it is if there was not the space between the rides where the magic truly happens... Would you be happy if they put an attraction in place of the castle because "we can move the resturant and shops elsewhere... it just takes up space." Nope. Gotta keep the theming and "park" like areas.

As for the frontierland expansion, If I were the head person on the project i'd offer three words... Western. River. Expedition. Take BTMRR down for a while... Expand the rockwork, etc. to the back parts of the Rivers of America... They are the rivers of AMERICA... they don't have to be completely forested. Build a huge showbuilding back there... the showbuilding that was planned. BTMRR can be expanded into it, it can have trails... it would be amazing, call it Nighttime canyon (or something of the like, so that the rides have an excuse for being covered under the night sky), the only spot in the West where it's always night. Heck, you can even have the Walt Disney World RR run through it... Really go all out... Potter Shmotter.. Nothing would compare the the beauty and immersive-ness of this. Something for everyone... thrill seekers, boys, girls, young ones, old ones...And the best part is that it hasn't ever been done... unlike Grizzly Peak!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

I've ot only never Been to Tom Sawyer Island, I never even knew there WAS a Tom Sawyer Island at Disney World. I thought that was a Disneyland only thing. Shows how much of an impact it's made on the park over the years.
    I'm not into the idea of draining the river. The river adds atmosphere and is one of those unique elements that makes the Magic Kingdom stand out from other theme parks. I say re-theme the island. I know Pirate Island wouldn't work as well there as in Disneyland for themeing reasons so I'm going with someone else's suggestion and perhaps re-theme it to Woody's round up. Of Course, I could just be a little biased on the idea because I'd love to see a permanent meet and greet for Jessie ^^;
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 07-26-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Why not take Tom Sawyer Island and convert it to pirate themed island. I love Tom Sawyer but I think young boys would rather explore an island filled with pirates caves and treasure. Even have pirates walking around to interact with people. I pretty sure they did this out in Disneyland with there TSI?

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

Disneyland's Tom Sawyer island did get transformed into Pirate Lair. However, this works for Disneyland because it's location is nearby Pirates of the Caribbean so if you tweak the map a little, it works for the theme. Unfortunately, this isn't so in The Magic Kingdom so it would be tougher to squeeze it in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast