Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Kodak gone from Epcot? in the News & Rumors forums; I'm reading some serious rumors that Kodak is gone from Epcot. Has anyone heard or seen anything? Is it only gone from the Imagination Pavilion? I read it's off the ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Kodak gone from Epcot?

I'm reading some serious rumors that Kodak is gone from Epcot. Has anyone heard or seen anything? Is it only gone from the Imagination Pavilion? I read it's off the park maps.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Kodak gone from Epcot?

From what I've heard they are completely out of the Imagination pavillion, with only the stepping sound stones working and not boarded up in imageworks.

They have a lot more that they sponsor in all the parks so if they had pulled out completely there would have been a bigger deal made.

People are getting excited as they think this means a return of dreamfinder or the return of a better imageworks, but without another sponser i dont think this is likely or financially possible atm.

Lets just hope that like another pavillion (WoL) the removal of a sponsor doesnt hurt the pavillion

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

augh.. i hope its good news and not bad
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Does that mean they'll take down the Kodak Picture Spot signs as well, do you think?
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Does that mean they'll take down the Kodak Picture Spot signs as well, do you think?
    If they have just removed sponsorship from the pavillion, which it seems they have then NO.

Like the picture spots, Kodak have more interest in WDW than just the Imagination pavillion

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

This was reported on the Inside The Magic podcast. My first response was "uh oh", thinking of the WoL scenario. My hope would be though that a new sponsor would come in and pick it up and want to return the attraction to its original state. Probably wishful thinking.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Kodak is also the sponsor for Mickey's Philharmonic.

Back in the late 90's Fuji was pushing hard to take over the Epcot pavilion. Kodak won out. Haven't heard a peep about Fuji this decade. A good portion of the upper level of the Epcot pavilion is now used for private corporate events.

I always enjoyed True Colors.

^^ I too enjoyed True Colors. You can still find it on YouTube.
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I'm not sure if Fujifilm does much in the US any more with the dwindling of the film market. They had branched out into video tapes (also dying) and flash memory cards for the digital camera market (using a format only used by themselves and Olympus, with both more recently adopting more standard formats). I doubt we'll see much from them.

I remember the True Colors song being so long...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Maybe one of the more digital oriented companies will pick it up? Panasonic, Sony?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I would like to see a company showcase their new digital technology as part of the Imagination experience. Of cours I still like the original stepping "sound stones".

designbymk is offline B-Ticket Holder

Good riddance Kodak. From the stories I've heard, their sponsorship renewal basically canned Figment/Journey Into Imagination as they demanded a more "hip" ride be installed if they were to keep sponsoring the pavilion. But I shall not cry over spilled milk. Keep moving forward WDI.

I'd love to se the entire pavilion get a re-imagineering. Clearly HISTA is out for good. And the imagination institute has worn it's welcome. Figment needs his triumphant return and I'm sure it's mainly the business guys wrapped in red tape holding up the overhaul.

Just think of what an entirely new imageworks could be. All of the advances in interactive technology would make for some spectacularly entertaining diversions for children and adults alike. The dark ride moving into the interactive age would be pretty mindblowing too. Take some of the cues from TS Midway and employ them in an entirely new way. There are some great opportunities to really put imagination back into this tired journey.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by designbymk View Post
    Good riddance Kodak. From the stories I've heard, their sponsorship renewal basically canned Figment/Journey Into Imagination as they demanded a more "hip" ride be installed if they were to keep sponsoring the pavilion. But I shall not cry over spilled milk. Keep moving forward WDI.

I'd love to se the entire pavilion get a re-imagineering. Clearly HISTA is out for good. And the imagination institute has worn it's welcome. Figment needs his triumphant return and I'm sure it's mainly the business guys wrapped in red tape holding up the overhaul.

Just think of what an entirely new imageworks could be. All of the advances in interactive technology would make for some spectacularly entertaining diversions for children and adults alike. The dark ride moving into the interactive age would be pretty mindblowing too. Take some of the cues from TS Midway and employ them in an entirely new way. There are some great opportunities to really put imagination back into this tired journey.
    i could def. see this happening... having just got back i can tell you... the imagination pavilion is in shambles... just looks aged and out of date... and HISTA will not return there is no way that would happen...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

As far as the Imagineers would say recently, HISTA IS planned to return after EO, although the return time is indefinite. They are working to update and clean up the video. HISTA is not directly tied to Kodak.

Of course, they may have other plans by now, and will run EO until they have something completely new - but I don't think they were planning on it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast