Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Free Day? in the News & Rumors forums; Hello everyone I am heading to DisneyWorld for my honeymoon in a month and I am researching ticket prices. I came across an article stating that if you have magic ...
    Tinker776 is offline A-Ticket holder

Free Day?

Hello everyone
    I am heading to DisneyWorld for my honeymoon in a month and I am researching ticket prices. I came across an article stating that if you have magic your way tickets and decide you want one more day to play that Disney will add a free day to your ticket. Example you have a 5 day base ticket and you want one more day they would add the 6th day for free. Now I have not been able to verify if that is true or only a rumor so I wanted to get your feedback. Thank for you time

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Free Day?

Wow!
    I would like to know this info also.
    Congrats on your soon to be wedding!!!
    I bet your excited!

Tinker776 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank for the congrats we actually already got married back on July 10th we just couldn't take our Honeymoon at the time due to limits on vacation time for our jobs. I am so exited though we have been saving for this trip for 2 years because my husband promised that we could go to Disneyworld This will be my 4th time and his first. Can't wait hope someone will be able to answer my question though got a lot more planning ahead and I would love to purchase my tickets soon

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

While this is speculation, I'd guess this is more a Guest Relations 'gimme' rather than a policy. Just as a Seasonal Pass wont get you one day during a block out, if you tell Guest Relations you messed up youre scheduling and thought you could get in that day, they will give you a one day hopper 'on the mouse.'

In other words, I wouldn't bank on it, but it never hurts to ask. Tell them it's your honeymoon, it could help. Either way make sure you let them know at a ticket booth or City Hall, never know what little perks you might get.

Congrats-

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I have read this before I believe on WDWInfo and Intercot. Not quite a scam but if I am remembering correctly where you have to give a day to sit through high pressure sales pitches for outside timeshares, not Disney related.

Be very careful how you book your trip. This sight has a very good travel agent tied to it or use one you know or book with Disney directly. Same goes for the tickets, from Disney, a solid travel agent or the Disney Store or online with Disney.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

There is no guaranteed way to get an extra free day. But adding a day to a MYW ticket that is 4-9 days in length costs only $5/day, as long as you are doing it by the 14th day from first use of the original ticket, you are not trying to add days past 10, and you don't already have the No Expire option (each day costs more then).

So, if you are unsure you need an extra day, you can potentially save yourself a few dollars by "buying short", and adding days only as needed.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

this does work... and i have used it before... add the days when you need to... no sense buying days you might not use...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Congratulations and welcome to the site. We have added days to our MYW PH tickets in the past. We did so at guest relations prior to using the last day of our pass. The extra day was not much as stated above. The cost to add an extra day is the same as the difference in price between the 5 day base and 6 day base. If you decide to add the PH option for the 6th day, then the full PH price will be added to the ticket... not really worth adding that option for one day.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Never mind - misread what you said.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    this does work... and i have used it before... add the days when you need to... no sense buying days you might not use...
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the site. We have added days to our MYW PH tickets in the past. We did so at guest relations prior to using the last day of our pass. The extra day was not much as stated above. The cost to add an extra day is the same as the difference in price between the 5 day base and 6 day base. If you decide to add the PH option for the 6th day, then the full PH price will be added to the ticket... not really worth adding that option for one day.
    I've done this also. I added day 4 to a 3 day years ago. It was at the going rate, not FREE.

The FREE thing is still going around and has been for years. It isn't a Disney Offer, it is something picked up by the timeshare outsiders after you jump through many, many hoops. More hoops if you don't buy their timeshare.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... this is not an easy thing to accomplish... but if it works... its FREE...!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/