Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New DVC @ WDW?!! in the News & Rumors forums; What does everyone think of the rumored California Coast Hotel DVC property reported on another WDW news site? The architectural document was reportedly leaked onto the web by a WDW ...
    bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

New DVC @ WDW?!!

What does everyone think of the rumored California Coast Hotel DVC property reported on another WDW news site? The architectural document was reportedly leaked onto the web by a WDW employee. It is supposed to be located by Coronado Springs and is to be completed by 2012. I realize that there are hundreds of rumors that never come to fruition, but what does everyone think of this one?

dcaffey is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: New DVC @ WDW?!!

I really have to doubt this one...but I've been wrong many times before.

I've seen the materials they're referencing as the source for this and nothing in there confirms this is actually going to be built.

How could a resort that large be completed by 2012?

I'm somewhat susupect as well David, but they are running out of available points @ Bay Lake. Curious.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Anyone know if permits have been pulled or construction material sighted? 2012 seems awful quick unless they mean construction begins in 2012.

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Being in the construction industry......there is no way the project would be complete in 2012....begin in 2012 - possible. We just opened a satellite office (architectural firm) in Orlando and the way the city permit office works....it takes at least a year to get anything approved!!! Maybe Disney has insiders that speed the process?

In any event, I love Disney resorts and I'm sure it will be fabulous if it's a true rumor! I love having lots of options!!
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I agree that the completion date is way too ambitious. And unless they had a back-way access to DHS with bridge over/tunnel under World Drive, it wouldn't be park-connected, which I think is a goal going forward (although a path to Blizzard Beach is possible).

Imagine the TSM rush if there was a back entrance, ala the International Gateway...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Doconeill, I'm not sure if there was supposed to be a direct tie-in to DHS. I didn't read that in the article. It would be awesome if there was and It makes theming sense. I would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigthundermicky View Post
    Doconeill, I'm not sure if there was supposed to be a direct tie-in to DHS. I didn't read that in the article. It would be awesome if there was and It makes theming sense. I would love to see it.
    I don't know if one is intended - but I think they want to focus somewhat on convenient access to parks going forward. The RC location can use the boat to MK at least.

It would be a shame to be that close, and still have to take a bus...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Until reading a WDW Magic forum, I didn't realize that the RC site was a possibility. That would be a great location. They could create a theme very easily while having Bay Lake as the ready-made body of water. The resort is going to be huge from what I read, having over a thousand rooms. That will take up a large ammount of space. I assume by the different coastal California areas that are supposed to be part of the theming, it will be a multi building set-up like Saratoga, not a one building set-up like Bay Lake or AKL.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by kandjad View Post
    Being in the construction industry......there is no way the project would be complete in 2012....begin in 2012 - possible. We just opened a satellite office (architectural firm) in Orlando and the way the city permit office works....it takes at least a year to get anything approved!!! Maybe Disney has insiders that speed the process?

In any event, I love Disney resorts and I'm sure it will be fabulous if it's a true rumor! I love having lots of options!!
    yes but remember something... Disney has its own municipality within the resort limits... that might allow them to build without the Orlando government getting involved... i read that book Project Future that was written about how Disney obtained the land and i can tell you there are quite a few things Disney is able to do because Lake Buena Vista is technically a town owned and run by Disney to some extent...

though i am not disagreeing with you that the whole resort could be up and running by 2012... that does seem ambitious in terms of construction time...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I read the book Project Future as well and I agree, it is amazing what they were able to do when they worked out the original deal with the state. They do work fast when they start. Look how fast they put up Bay Lake Tower.

yeh thats what i mean... i wonder if that allows them to build on their property with no major issues from the state...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

From what I remember, they have to file permits/documents with the state or county (they have no direct relationship to Orlando itself), but do not require approval as they are their own approving body.
    Doc

thats what i thought...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

as a DVCer, I love options
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast