Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Adventurer's Club in the News & Rumors forums; I was on the Disney Magic recently and attended a really cool presentation by WDI Imagineer Mark Kohl. He had some really interesting information. Currently he's lead on the Fantasyland ...
    JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Adventurer's Club

I was on the Disney Magic recently and attended a really cool presentation by WDI Imagineer Mark Kohl. He had some really interesting information. Currently he's lead on the Fantasyland Expansion. He did a Q&A segment and someone asked about the Adventurer's Club and the possibility of it reopening. He cracked a huge smile and simply said "We've saved everything." I got the impression that it's only a matter of time.
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Adventurer's Club

Let's hope so.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I was on the Disney Magic recently and attended a really cool presentation by WDI Imagineer Mark Kohl. He had some really interesting information. Currently he's lead on the Fantasyland Expansion. He did a Q&A segment and someone asked about the Adventurer's Club and the possibility of it reopening. He cracked a huge smile and simply said "We've saved everything." I got the impression that it's only a matter of time.
    i wonder if they are bulldozing the buildings in PI for a reason...? maybe to build a bigger building for a more expansive Adventurers Club...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I would love to see it come back in some form, not only because (I'll quietly admit) I never had the opportunity to see it, but because it represented another true unique entertainment experience - exactly what the major driving philosophy behind the resort* was in the first place.

*Well, besides making money of course... But that's a given!

see thats what im saying... lets bring back the Adventurers Club...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

That would be so cool. They really need to do away with PI. It was a security nightmare, just too much was happening down there.

Now if they rebuilt AC in a larger fashion, it could be a great destination for adults for an evening experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    That would be so cool. They really need to do away with PI. It was a security nightmare, just too much was happening down there.

Now if they rebuilt AC in a larger fashion, it could be a great destination for adults for an evening experience.
    it really was a security nightmare... which is why Disney closed it up... i think the original thought was to have outside companies rent the buildings and run the clubs with their own bouncers and security... but it never developed because everyone knew how much security would be needed... but now that it has been closed a few years it might have allowed the security issues to fade a bit...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Hmm...one old rumor was that they wanted to renovate and join it to BET to create a restaurant with the AC theme...perhaps bulldoze/rebuild works better....
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Hmm...one old rumor was that they wanted to renovate and join it to BET to create a restaurant with the AC theme...perhaps bulldoze/rebuild works better....
    yeh this way they can start from scratch and not convert a building into an AC... they can build a building that can adequately house the AC...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Since you heard about it on a cruise, what if it was to "Magically" reappear on one of the new ships...?!?! Hmmmmmmm.....?
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

On September 26, 2009 it was confirmed that props from the Club would be sent to Hong Kong Disneyland. The Club, in a new form, will be part of the Mystic Point expansion that was announced at the D23 Expo. Specific details have not been announced and there is currently no information on what will replace the Club at Pleasure Island.

The above is from this wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventurers_Club
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

i would love it but i doubt it
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

still i wonder what is to be of the PI area now that clearing is being done...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It seems to me like they want it to be a surprise. They usually wouldn't demo the area unless plans were in place - but they haven't announced anything either for that particular area.

So, if it's to be a surprise...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Meet and greet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast