Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Blog announces Hyperion Wharf in the News & Rumors forums; it appears WDW has an idea for the former "Pleasure Island" it seems it will be called "Hyperion Wharf" and will occupy 120 acres between the marketplace and West Side... ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Disney Blog announces Hyperion Wharf

it appears WDW has an idea for the former "Pleasure Island"

it seems it will be called "Hyperion Wharf" and will occupy 120 acres between the marketplace and West Side...

check out the Disneyparks blog...

First Look: Waterfront District ?Hyperion Wharf? Among Plans for Downtown Disney Disney Parks Blog
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Blog announces Hyperion Wharf

I like what I see so far
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

it does look pretty decent... lets hope they dont make huge changes here like they did to Fantasyland... unless they are putting the Adventurer's Club in...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Despite everyone's wishful thinking, I have a hard time believing that they will bring it back. I'm noticing a serious trend with the use of the term Hyperion. Not that I dislike it, I would just like to see a little less of the application of it. Granted I also don't know what the theme of this will be either. Personally, I believe that the Hyperion term belongs at the DCA expansion more seeing that the theme is 1920s California and Walt.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

i agree... Hyperion should be kept to CA... Im not thrilled about the name... but you know how the Fantasyland Expansion has gone.. this first rendering and idea will go through multiple changes im sure...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Without digressing too far into the fantasyland expansion, I have the feeling that people have blown it out of proportion and I think those imagineers will make it better than it seems.

Now back to Hyperion... If this remains the only namesake to Hyperion in Florida I'm okay with it because it is in reference to that aspect of Disney history that I believe needs to be preserved and more well known.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Despite everyone's wishful thinking, I have a hard time believing that they will bring it back. I'm noticing a serious trend with the use of the term Hyperion. Not that I dislike it, I would just like to see a little less of the application of it. Granted I also don't know what the theme of this will be either. Personally, I believe that the Hyperion term belongs at the DCA expansion more seeing that the theme is 1920s California and Walt.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i agree... Hyperion should be kept to CA... Im not thrilled about the name... but you know how the Fantasyland Expansion has gone.. this first rendering and idea will go through multiple changes im sure...
    This was exactly what I was about to post about here. "Taking its name from Hyperion, the Greek god of light, as well as the street on which Walt Disney built his first major animation studio...". I don't think anyone visiting is either going to get the reference or much care about it once they hear the name anyway.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Without digressing too far into the fantasyland expansion, I have the feeling that people have blown it out of proportion and I think those imagineers will make it better than it seems.
    im not saying anything abut what they are doing... my thought is more along the line that it has gone through quite a few changes... like the elimination of Pixie Hollow and the re-emergence of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster...

i am just leery about passing judgement on an area or new expansion based solely off an artists rendering... lets see where they end up with this...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

i am just leery about passing judgement on an area or new expansion based solely off an artists rendering... lets see where they end up with this...
    Couldn't agree more
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

thats my entire argument... forget what people have been saying about the Fantasyland Expansion... lets see how the land looks stacked up next to the original artist drawings... i would bet they are vastly different... and i know that is normal but the FE will look extremely different from its origin...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

looks interesting to me
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

PI was plagued with crime from some of the local bangers. How will this be any different than PI was from a security standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    PI was plagued with crime from some of the local bangers. How will this be any different than PI was from a security standpoint?
    quite a few years has allowed that group to move on as well as it will allow Disney to change their security tactics and awareness... meaning they can be extremely strict and throw people out without hearing them complain "they never used to do this" because well this is something brand new and such it changes the way things are done...

im not saying thats what is gonna happen... just what the argument will probably be...

a little devils advocate never hurt anyone...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks good to me and it would be great to have a family friendly place like this at night to take the teens.

WDWGOOF is offline A-Ticket holder

this looks promising, however, I would like to have heard about more nightlife options instead of just more dining. Other than the Boardwalk, there are not many places to hang out and party after hours. They need to find a good medium between a place adults can go to have a good time after a day in the parks and the uncomfortable and sometimes sketchy atmosphere of the old pleasure island.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast