Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Bad weather version of Fantasmic? in the News & Rumors forums; what up guys, two or three years ago I went to see Fantasmic for the first time at MGM. The weather seemed to look like a bad storm was looming ...
    MattH is offline A-Ticket holder

Bad weather version of Fantasmic?

what up guys, two or three years ago I went to see Fantasmic for the first time at MGM. The weather seemed to look like a bad storm was looming and the show staff notified that the show would have to be postponed for a few minutes(i think we waited around 25-30 min.) to see if the weather was going to get any worse. The weather cooperated long enough to let the show go on but the dragon did not look anything like that of the pics in the pamphlets and schedules. The dragon was like just a neck and had some kind of steamers instead of skin. It seemed as an alternative option to decrease the risk of damage to the original version that probably used more electricity and was more expensive. Also spots on the stage that seemed an obvious entrance for a moajor occuence in the show were never used. Not really a rumor but just curious. Can anyone confirm of an alternate dragon or of a bad weather-inclined version of Fantasmic?
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 15, 2005 10:14:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=navy>Countdown to 11 days, 10 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Chillin\\\' w/ Donald';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Go Ravens!!!

tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    I can't confirm what you saw was the shortened bad weather version or not. Recently I read that there will be an official bad weather coming version on Deb Wills site www.allearsnet.com
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    There is a bad weather version they use. If for some reason they can not get the actors out for rain etc. They have a 4-5 min version in which they show on videos and light off all the fireworks. At least you get to see something if Mother Nature gets an attitude.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Exactly! They have to shoot off the fireworks anyway, why not see them.