Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 5th Gate Rumor Roundup in the News & Rumors forums; I want a thrill park...
    nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

I want a thrill park
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

if you look at the parks so far in Disney, their all things that walt felt strongly about. Then what about what Disney did after Walt. Disney has been going for a couple of decades without walt. So why not make a theme park on the thing they did after walt or even companies they bought after walt died. You could have a marvel section, pixar section, maybe a disney Renaissance section. And in the middle have the acrroba pallace from alladin. I don't know what you would call it, but you could use the catch phrase "its a whole new world".

And i'm not saying do it differently than walt would do it. You could still try to do it the way walt would have liked.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    If they do a 5th park I'm hoping for "Merchandising Land". It's so hard to find places to shop in their other parks.
    hahahaha...it's not like they need a whole area devoted to shopping and dining anyway, right?
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The rides and parades just get in the way of shopping. They need more stores, kiosks, and peddlers.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    If they do a 5th park I'm hoping for "Merchandising Land". It's so hard to find places to shop in their other parks.
    The land where every entrance is an exit through a gift shop.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The land where every entrance is an exit through a gift shop.
    Or a DVC kiosk.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Merchandising Land could perhaps feature a China pavilion, encompassing a brand new E-Ticket: the Great Disney Vinylmation Sweat Shop Ride.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Call me crazy, but I would like to see an 'edu-tainment' park, like Epcot used to be, with each section of the park a general subject of schooling such as reading, the arts, math, science, history, and physical fitness. Imagine if you will, walking into Mathmagic land: YouTube - Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land ( Part 1 of 3) or Music Land: YouTube - Silly Symphony - Music Land (1935). Wonders of Life could make a come back for the Physical Fitness area, and have many hands on ways to test your physical fitness abilities: YouTube - Ninja Warrior at Muscle Park. Journey to Imagination (the original ride) could make a come back with all it's imaginative words all over for the Reading and Literature area. This park even has potential for some thrill rides. Sum of All Thrills? Surf the Sine Wave. Indulge on some sweet apple pi. Best part, it only costs a fraction of what they usually cost in the other parks

Great idea. They really dumbed down Epcot. But I doubt they'd go back.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I agree as well that it's a good idea. However, entertainment trumps education when it comes to making money. I mean...they could probably get away with a few more Innoventions type things, but of course they would be at the most crowded only when it is raining.

As with the Knight/Beastly Kingdom idea...and even the educational idea, the park can't have one specific theme- it wouldn't hold as much of an interest. It would have to be a bunch of different, yet awesome ideas, tied together loosely by some vague theme.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Just piling on, I agree that the existing parks should be plussed up and invested in before a new park gets opened. Expanding DAK, I still like the idea of mythological creatures, a new pavilion or two in EPCOT (australia or India, egypt) do something with DHS maybe revamp backlot tour or something.

Now if they absolutely MUST opn a new park resuurect the America park that got killed of for Virginia. So much could be done with that.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

DisneyMatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Now if they absolutely MUST opn a new park resuurect the America park that got killed of for Virginia. So much could be done with that.
    There was a great Celebrations Magazine article on the America park a couple months ago, lots of good info. I live in the Northern VA area, just miles from where Disney was rumored to build, and the residents of this area still rancor at the idea of a new Disney park in the area. I don't get it...I would LOVE IT!!!
    never fear...DISNEYMATT IS HERE!!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMatt View Post
    There was a great Celebrations Magazine article on the America park a couple months ago, lots of good info. I live in the Northern VA area, just miles from where Disney was rumored to build, and the residents of this area still rancor at the idea of a new Disney park in the area. I don't get it...I would LOVE IT!!!
    But strip malls and Starbucks sprout up like fungus and no one bats an eye. Go figure.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

I would love to see a 5 gate maybe marvel theme? Still we are a long way off. Don't think Disney will invest at this time. Especially with DLCA being redone, and the economy in a down turn.
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Myself included!! I always thought this was a good idea back in the early 90s. Can't figure it out, maybe this could be part of a 5 gate. Disney ideas never die!!
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast