Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 5th Gate Rumor Roundup in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Veritas But strip malls and Starbucks sprout up like fungus and no one bats an eye. Go figure. As always......
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    But strip malls and Starbucks sprout up like fungus and no one bats an eye. Go figure.
    As always...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think a thrill park would be good, but def no DJT
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

cunnart is offline A-Ticket holder

I dont want a new park yet. I want them to fix hollywood studios and maybe add some more to animal kingdom and epcot. For the price of a 5th kingdom they could really fix Hollywood studios and make some nice addition to the other parks.

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

I agree, Hollywood needs new influx. And yes, the animal kingdom needs another land and get those boats back in business. What a waste. They could do something with them.
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

Speaking of getting boats back...

Swan Boats, anyone?

Hehehe.

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by cunnart View Post
    I dont want a new park yet. I want them to fix hollywood studios and maybe add some more to animal kingdom and epcot. For the price of a 5th kingdom they could really fix Hollywood studios and make some nice addition to the other parks.
    Quote Originally Posted by garryz View Post
    I agree, Hollywood needs new influx. And yes, the animal kingdom needs another land and get those boats back in business. What a waste. They could do something with them.
    It is good to hear that others share the same sentiments that I do... MGM needs to be squared away and AK needs more substance before we ever think of a 5th gate...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Have said this before but AK is such a huge disappointment and could/should have been so much better. The disappointment doesn't really come from the exisiting things in the park more the things that aren't there. This has to be addressed before Disney even consider a 5th Gate.

The Beastly Kingdom part of the park IMO would have been a brilliant addition and would have gone a long way towards making AK one the best if not THE best park out of the 4. The concept has massive potential for scenery, rides and merchandise. Dark rides, Rollercoasters/flumes, shows and even Villains could have been incorporated easily

In its place we are left with Camp Minnie Mickey (sigh) and the Lion King Show, which as good as it is could be easily relocated to some other free area of the park (lord knows there is enough of it!). I was reading an article about how a river boat style adventure ride was planned, it sounded absolutely brilliant but got scaled back more and more until it ended up being a small boat going up and down the river pointing out the scenery, which was pretty much trees and flowers. It didn't even last a year and was removed not long after the park opened.

There are a couple of reasons they did not build Beastly Kingdom, I wont go into great detail but it was mainly to do with imagineers leaving the company and the IOA not being as succesful as Disney tought it would be.

Its not just the Beastly Kingdom part of AK that is so disappointing, for so long the park had no main attraction whilst the other 3 have at least 2. MK has Space M, BTMRR and SM, Epcot has Soaring, TT and MS and MGM has TOT and RnRC. Even now EE isn't operating properly and hasn't done for well over a year.

I also agree with MGM needing work, in some parts it looks a bit of a wasteland whilst others are stupidly crowded, who's idea was it to put TOT and RnRc almost on top of each other.

I know this is a very negative post but I feel more and more Disney is becoming more and more about making as much money as they can rather than going that extra mile to deliver a great experience. I know they are a business at the end of the day but the more they try to squeeze as much out of us the customers, whilst taking away the things we love with poor replacements the more people will stay away and will make them LESS money.

Sorry for that slight rant and the poor grammar and sentence structure I've been up for 27 hours and I am very tired.

Ruddy

Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW
    There are a couple of reasons they did not build Beastly Kingdom, I wont go into great detail but it was mainly to do with imagineers leaving the company and the IOA not being as succesful as Disney tought it would be.
    You've crossed your wires a bit.

Beastly was killed before those Imagineers jumped ship to Universal Creative. Islands of Adventure had nothing to do with the project being shelved.

And don't apologise for being "negative". You are, at the end of the day, a consumer holding a producer to account.

- Walt Disney

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Ah O.K wasn't sure about the whole imagineers thing, I'd read that the BK idea was in the pipeline for being revived and money had been set aside as Eisner and co were very worried about IOA taking a big chunk of the gate away, but when they got the numbers and they were pretty disappointing for Universal the idea was once again scrapped for good this time it seems.

Ruddy

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Rumors about the demise BK abound. One was that Disney was counting on a movie (not sure which one) to perform well and use it as the themeing for part of the land. When the movie under performed they dropped that theme, this according to rumor couple with the under performance of Disney Paris and caused Eisner and suits to scale back plans and go for cheap rather than quality (witness DCA). Again
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

GoofyDad is offline B-Ticket Holder

I can't say that a 5th park is needed. Echoing what many others have said, I'd prefer to see improvements over a new park. I think that further expansion of the existing parks in order to include many of the attractions that are currently featured on the west coast or overseas would be the best way to improve the experience.

Some may say this is a non-plus as those attractions would simply be 'copied', but as I live in Virginia, my chance of going to WDW is very high and my chances of going to Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure are next to zero. My chances of going out of the U.S. and experiencing Disney is less than zero!

There are many rides/attractions that are common across parks of course, but each park also has many of its own shows/rides.
    JUN 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Star Wars Weekends)
    SEP 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    MAY 2012 - Offsite single night and DHS
    DEC 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House

catywamp is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think everyone agrees that there is plenty of work to do on existing parks, and we all would love to see what we already have used to its full potential. But... what if all of that was done? In a perfect world where all the existing parks are in tip top shape, then, what could a 5th gate be? What has anyone heard about the idea? I think it's clear by how much land is owned that expansion is inevitable. So what might we see? What do you want to see? I think a Space/future park could be possible, Walt always had an interest in that kind of thing. I don't know, my brain is swimming.
    "The Mad cannot Explain, Just As The Sane Cannot Comprehend"

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by catywamp View Post
    I think everyone agrees that there is plenty of work to do on existing parks, and we all would love to see what we already have used to its full potential. But... what if all of that was done? In a perfect world where all the existing parks are in tip top shape, then, what could a 5th gate be? What has anyone heard about the idea? I think it's clear by how much land is owned that expansion is inevitable. So what might we see? What do you want to see? I think a Space/future park could be possible, Walt always had an interest in that kind of thing. I don't know, my brain is swimming.
    but that is kind of what EPCOT became...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by catywamp View Post
    I think a Space/future park could be possible, Walt always had an interest in that kind of thing. I don't know, my brain is swimming.
    A fair point, but I can't really see it happening now. I think it would be seen as a bit overkill to try and build something space-related when you can see the real thing not so very far away.

- Walt Disney

catywamp is offline B-Ticket Holder

I was just brainstorming out loud. But Walt did always have his eye on the future, so I could see it as an area he might have expanded on. And I think EPCOT is more about the cutting edge of now and not as much about the future. As far as the Kennedy Space Center, many people don't even leave property for Universal so I don't think they would have to be too worried about the space center.
    "The Mad cannot Explain, Just As The Sane Cannot Comprehend"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast