Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 5th Gate Rumor Roundup in the News & Rumors forums; can I vote fro expansions to DAK and DHS instead?...
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

can I vote fro expansions to DAK and DHS instead?
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    can I vote fro expansions to DAK and DHS instead?
    I second that motion.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

DizScott is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree with everyone about making improvements to other parks first specifically AK and DS and maybe a new land in the World Showcase of EPCOT. I really think they should spend money on expanding the monorail to the Studios and AK and possibly the Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodges.

Now should they decide to build a 5th park (which they eventually will), I have a couple of ideas. How about a "Disney's Heroes & Villains" park? That way you could combine characters like The Incredibles with the Marvel superheroes. A great opportunity for some major thrill rides. Or how about a theme park with rides based on weather related events such as blizzards, floods, etc... They could be informative like some of the old EPCOT rides and would also have a great potential for some awesome thrill rides. The park could be called something like "Disney's Seasons". Just my 2 cents worth.

Polynesian Resort 1986 Thanksgiving
    Dixie Landings 1996 Summer Vacation
    Caribbean Beach 1999 Summer Vacation
    Port Orleans Riverside 2005 4th of July
    Pop Century 2006 4th of July
    All Star Movies 2006 Christmas
    Pop Century 2007 Food & Wine Fest.
    Caribbean Beach 2008 Food & Wine Fest.
    Coronado Springs 2009 Flower & Garden Fest.
    All Star Music 2009 Christmas
    The Boardwalk Villas 2010 Food & Wine Fest.
    The Boardwalk Villas 2011 Food & Wine Fest.

well the reality of the situation is that a 5th park is not only unlikely but almost certainly not a possibity.

There is zero reason for it. Why would Disney spend billions to redistribute guests. One thing they learned from DAK was that the new park didnt really bring in more people it just moved them around. Generally, people are at WDW for a week. 4 parks and 2 water parks are more then enough. And if Disney adds a Villians Park or a Sports Park or whatever, people arent going to go to Disney just because of that. They were going anyway.

As for DAK and DHS, they often dwindle in attendance towards the late afternoon. at least when there isnt a fantasmic showing at DHS. It makes sense for expansion of those parks. DAK particlaurly suffers from this
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I second that motion.
    yes, yes you can,
    but still give an idea
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Did anything become of the AK expansion rumour from a few months back? The Australia-based one?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Did anything become of the AK expansion rumour from a few months back? The Australia-based one?
    i has NO idea, i almost forgot about it
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

Quote Originally Posted by nemomusicalfan1 View Post
    yes, yes you can,
    but still give an idea
    for DAK I would Mysterious Island with Journey to the Center of the Earth and America that would include a grizzly bear mountain walking exhibit, an Amazon indoor greenhouse boat ride and a Bambi kids area

for DHS I would take down the Backlot tour to add an Incredibles dark ride and the Monsters Inc Coaster. And make a Lucas area turning the backlot express into the Mos Eisley Cantina and Sounds Dangerous into a THX sound show
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

catywamp is offline B-Ticket Holder

an Amazon indoor greenhouse boat ride
    I love this idea! While living with the Land deals with agriculture, this ride could be more about exotic plants and focus on variety. It would be a great way to sneak in some education too. they could also offer a walking tour, like Living with the Land. And being that it would be closed in, they could do something with tropical birds. I think that's a great idea, it can be taken in so many directions.
    "The Mad cannot Explain, Just As The Sane Cannot Comprehend"

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

for DAK I would Mysterious Island with Journey to the Center of the Earth and America that would include a grizzly bear mountain walking exhibit, an Amazon indoor greenhouse boat ride and a Bambi kids area

for DHS I would take down the Backlot tour to add an Incredibles dark ride and the Monsters Inc Coaster. And make a Lucas area turning the backlot express into the Mos Eisley Cantina and Sounds Dangerous into a THX sound show

Great ideas!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    i had heard it was pushed to the backburner... what with all the work being done at PI and Fantasyland... maybe AK will get its TLC next year or so...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

rocco is offline A-Ticket holder

I think that a 5th gate should address the segment of the population that is too old for the magic kingdom...too young for epcot, in other words teenagers, young adults.....a thrill park that consists of roller coasters.....like Cedar Point...you can make it like an old fashioned carnival....themed to be nostalgic for adults, lots of coasters for the thrill seakers and of course any other kind of thrill ride that only Disney could come up with. So many times I have overheard young adults, teenagers moaning how bored they are at the parks.

I always thought the addition of a second castle to the magic kingdom, prop where the new expansion is currently taking place, would add a great element..It would be an evil castle, stocked with great Disney villians and at night there could be a fantastic light show, fireworks...whatever...showing a battle between good and evil, between the 2 castles...with good winning, of course.
    Additions to Epcot...something to do with weather and something to with the earth...earthquakes, volcanos...think of the possibilites. Def need Brazil, India,
    Egypt for new countries too

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

If they just went back to maintaining the quality level of the late 80s-early 90s and I'd be happy.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by rocco View Post
    I think that a 5th gate should address the segment of the population that is too old for the magic kingdom...too young for epcot, in other words teenagers, young adults.....a thrill park that consists of roller coasters.....like Cedar Point...you can make it like an old fashioned carnival....themed to be nostalgic for adults, lots of coasters for the thrill seakers and of course any other kind of thrill ride that only Disney could come up with. So many times I have overheard young adults, teenagers moaning how bored they are at the parks.

I always thought the addition of a second castle to the magic kingdom, prop where the new expansion is currently taking place, would add a great element..It would be an evil castle, stocked with great Disney villians and at night there could be a fantastic light show, fireworks...whatever...showing a battle between good and evil, between the 2 castles...with good winning, of course.
    Additions to Epcot...something to do with weather and something to with the earth...earthquakes, volcanos...think of the possibilites. Def need Brazil, India,
    Egypt for new countries too
    That's the problem with today's youth, they're desensitized and have all these modern technological devices all around them, that a simple dark ride from the 50's - 60's cannot compare. Coasters shouldn't be the solution to this theme park problem. Instead, they should captivate the imagination of the current audience and work on coming up with new classics that resemble former classic dark rides such as Journey into Imagination and Horizons. The new Mermaid ride is a step in the ride direction, and would love to see more emphasis on the dark rides since that's what makes Disney different than the rest of the scream your head off amusement parks. And yes, I'd love to see Disney go back to how it was in the 80's and 90's where everything seemed just right.

revtigger is offline A-Ticket holder

I would love see to see further expansions at DAK before any 5th gate. There is so many possibilities to make that a brilliant park. An Australia land would be good to see.
    MY DISNEY TRIPS
    April 1995 - Disneyland (offsite – Park Vue Econo Lodge) Honeymoon
    May 2004 - Disneyland (offsite – Tropicana Inn)
    October 2005 - WDW (All Star Movies); Disney Wonder (3 night Bahamas Cruise)
    November 2005 - Disneyland (offsite – Tropicana Inn)
    September 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne)
    February 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York)
    December 2010 / January 2011 - Disneyland (Grand Californian Hotel); WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disney Wonder (15 night Panama Canal Cruise); Disneyland (Paradise Pier Hotel)
    August 2011 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Hollywood Hotel)
    Oct/Nov 2011 - Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); WDW (Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas & Polynesian); Disney Dream (4 & 3 night back to back Bahamas Cruise); WDW (Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disneyland (Grand Californian)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast