Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 5th Gate Rumor Roundup in the News & Rumors forums; Please fill in the blanks and upgrade the current parks before expanding to a new park. The cost benefit of plussing up current parks makes more fiscal sense than a ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

Please fill in the blanks and upgrade the current parks before expanding to a new park. The cost benefit of plussing up current parks makes more fiscal sense than a new undertaking.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

I kind of feel like an additional park would only trip over the themes and environments that have been crafted already at the other parks. It would become an amalgamation of bits and pieces of the others. Maybe that is my inability to see a good unified theme of its own that could carry a whole park, but who knows. If a 5th park were created just to cater to thrill-seekers, it would take away from the ideals and experiences they have spent years creating in the other parks that really set them apart from your everyday amusement park. It would also probably bottleneck in a really bad way. Thrills are well spread out among the 4 parks, and a 5th one that consisted soleley of the most sought after attractions would hurt that crowd-spread as well as detract from the overall family-sharing-and-learning vibe.

Something I just though about that might be interesting, support new technologies, and boost evening attendance in all 4 parks might be an interactive park-uniting show. Video feeds from the other parks could unite the 4 into one big show that could be experienced from all 4 parks, and each separate one would have elements unique to that park. A certain level of interaction could be built in that would entice people to want to see the show from all 4 parks, and unifying the shows would make it a World-wide celebration. Kind of a conceptual idea, not too much substance, but think of the possibilities!

X.MarctheSpot is offline A-Ticket holder

wow. cynicism much? i agree that the other parks need some tlc before a 5th gate is opened, but the point of this thread, i think, was more along the lines of "what if"..., not "do you want it?"

true, 4 parks and 2 water parks make for a full week, but i know tons of people who never step foot in the water parks, but would hit another gate in a heartbeat.

give lasseter and co. some time. he is working and he is a nostalgic fan like most of us. these things don't happen overnight. I, for one, love the idea of a villains park. it is a cohesive theme and is ultra popular, would pull in the coveted youth demographic, and would have some great nods to Disney history as well as cross promotional opportunities.

check out my blog for more of my thoughts on this.(shameless, i know)
    "And mark well me words, mateys: Dead men tell no tales! Ye come seekin' adventure with salty ol' pirates, eh? Sure you've come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open mates, and hold on tight."

http://www.armchairimagineering.wordpress.com

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

see now if you look back people asked about a 5th gate... and the consensus was to fix the first 4 before moving on... many of us would love a 5th gate... the issue is building more when what is already built is in need of work or refurbishment...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    see now if you look back people asked about a 5th gate... and the consensus was to fix the first 4 before moving on... many of us would love a 5th gate... the issue is building more when what is already built is in need of work or refurbishment...

i agree, plus up and fix the 4 we have now...once all that is done...then possibly move into a 5th gate!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

something tells me we may be here for a while... not to say the parks are in really bad shape... but by the time Disney would get through all 4 parks... they probably would have to start over again... ahh the trials and tribulations of a major resort with 4 gates to deal with and countless resorts and water parks and all...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

I believe that most everyone missed the whole point of this forum. It was supposed to be about imagination, creativity--not negativity about the rest of the world. Sure, WDW has its issues, but why harp on them and not celebrate what it does have. Obviously, if you are on this forum, you are a fan of Disney in some shape or form. So why the pessimism? You are being given an opportunity to voice your ideas, your desires as to what Disney can offer to you as a guest. So, all external forces aside (such as money, visitation #'s, past failures, etc.), what would like to see at Disney World as a new park? Perhaps not even in orlando! Maybe in Dallas or Charlotte, or some small town in the middle of nowhere.

My idea, would be an adventure park piggy-backing off the "Art of Animation" resort. Take some of the most popular Disney Movies (Bambi, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Mulan, Pocahontas, The Incredibles, Hercules, Aladdin, etc and make lands based off of those movies. These lands would totally submerse you in the movies--like you're actually in agrabah with the street rat and Abu. While the fantasyland update is a step in this direction, we could do so much more for these classics. Pride Rock could be the focal point of one land with an elephant graveyard coaster off in the distant shadows behind it. The festival of the lion king could be moved here, making room for the beastly kingdom mentioned above. Think about the possibilities here! A star tours-like attraction that simulates flying carpet. And who wouldn't love a dark ride that takes you through the land of Bambi? And finally, off in another far corner could stand the villains castle--as tall as cinderella's but dark and gloomy looking.
    Last edited by simba; 08-15-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    That's the problem with today's youth, they're desensitized and have all these modern technological devices all around them, that a simple dark ride from the 50's - 60's cannot compare. Coasters shouldn't be the solution to this theme park problem. Instead, they should captivate the imagination of the current audience and work on coming up with new classics that resemble former classic dark rides such as Journey into Imagination and Horizons. The new Mermaid ride is a step in the ride direction, and would love to see more emphasis on the dark rides since that's what makes Disney different than the rest of the scream your head off amusement parks. And yes, I'd love to see Disney go back to how it was in the 80's and 90's where everything seemed just right.
    Are you really considering that a "problem" that kid's have the modern technologies? I really do not understand the theory behind that at all.
    David Simba Zitzelberger

2010-May, Disneyland
    2007-July, Pop Century

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I believe that most everyone missed the whole point of this forum. It was supposed to be about imagination, creativity-
    OK leaving out all othe considerations if Disney were to open a 5th gate at WDW, they should resurrect the Disney America Park idea. I think the nay sayers in Virginia really did everyone a disservice by killing that park.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    OK leaving out all othe considerations if Disney were to open a 5th gate at WDW, they should resurrect the Disney America Park idea. I think the nay sayers in Virginia really did everyone a disservice by killing that park.
    That really does sound amazing! And what if that is built and successful? What would you like to see...all other considerations aside of course.
    David Simba Zitzelberger

2010-May, Disneyland
    2007-July, Pop Century

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I agree with sprucing up the 4 existing parks first...and I think they are making the first steps in doing this with the new Fantasyland. I just thought it would have been done sooner with the 40th anniversary being this year, but whatever, proper steps are being taken.

As for the 5th gate, whatever the theme is, I think they need to incorporate more thrill rides, you are losing an entire population of people who are thrill seekers by only having a handful of thrill rides. Disney needs to record breaking, gut wrenching rides, and I think they are capable of doing it. Not sure why there's only one looping coaster in the whole world to begin with!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I agree with sprucing up the 4 existing parks first...and I think they are making the first steps in doing this with the new Fantasyland. I just thought it would have been done sooner with the 40th anniversary being this year, but whatever, proper steps are being taken.

As for the 5th gate, whatever the theme is, I think they need to incorporate more thrill rides, you are losing an entire population of people who are thrill seekers by only having a handful of thrill rides. Disney needs to record breaking, gut wrenching rides, and I think they are capable of doing it. Not sure why there's only one looping coaster in the whole world to begin with!
    That would be great too! How about a looping thrill coaster that goes through the elephant graveyard or the cave from the first aladdin?
    David Simba Zitzelberger

2010-May, Disneyland
    2007-July, Pop Century

DizloonCB is offline A-Ticket holder

I think that they should put the focus more on DHS. DHS has become short of dull, granted TOY STORY and STAR TOURS 2 are awesome steps in the right direction. I really think that DSH should bulk up the presence of PIXAR, LUCUSFILM, MARVEL, & the MUPPETS. The properties are already there Disney should take advantage of this and expand the attractions into themed lands.
    As far as a 5th Gate a Villain themed thrill park, would be my dream park.

twoputt is offline A-Ticket holder

How about a Marvel themed park? Telling the stories of the Marvel characters through attractions wouldn't overlap with the themes of the other parks. I know currently there are several other theme parks out there that have licensed rides based on Marvel characters (here in Chicago, Six Flags has coasters named Batman, Superman and The Dark Knight) but Disney would do a much better job of theming these type of attractions which would separate a Disney/Marvel park from the pack.

That being said, I'm agree with most that Parks and Resorts' should focus should be on keeping the original 4 the best parks in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by twoputt View Post
    How about a Marvel themed park? Telling the stories of the Marvel characters through attractions wouldn't overlap with the themes of the other parks. I know currently there are several other theme parks out there that have licensed rides based on Marvel characters (here in Chicago, Six Flags has coasters named Batman, Superman and The Dark Knight) but Disney would do a much better job of theming these type of attractions which would separate a Disney/Marvel park from the pack.

That being said, I'm agree with most that Parks and Resorts' should focus should be on keeping the original 4 the best parks in the world.
    I had actually thought about this myself. That would be amazing! Unfortunately, I think that I read somewhere that they cannot do rides for characters that are already in use. I do feel that Disney would do a much better job than places like universal or the likes would do. We can only hope that one day itll happen
    David Simba Zitzelberger

2010-May, Disneyland
    2007-July, Pop Century