Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 5th Gate Rumor Roundup in the News & Rumors forums; I am not sure about making the next park nothing but thrill rides (Disney is a family park, and kids still have to be able to go there and be ...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: 5th Gate Rumor Roundup

I am not sure about making the next park nothing but thrill rides (Disney is a family park, and kids still have to be able to go there and be able to ride things), but definitely a few thrill rides would be ideal. Villains park, while an awesome idea, may not work because it wouldn't cater to everyone, which as we all know, was Walt's dream. I would love a villians park, but I can also see parents of young children shying away from this as to not scare them. Of course, this may not be such a bad idea either to have a more mature crowd :-)
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

koryadams is offline A-Ticket holder

1. Do you want a new park or something else.... what?
    I think one of the parks or all should have expansions instead of a new park within the next 15 years.
    2. What rumors have you heard about the park (concepts)
    I havent heard any rumors on concepts at all
    3. Where would you want the park
    the park could sit between MK and Epcot where there is alot of land to build new
    4. What kid of ride would you like to see?
    I have thought hard about this for a few years and it is just so hard to think of a new park in its self with a theme that isnt already in the other parks
    5. What could the icon be?
    again...I have thought long and hard but no ideas...and I am creative...

Quicklybroken is offline A-Ticket holder

Ok I didn't read all the posts because I am just lazy so I am sure my idea will have been brought up multiple times but here it is anyway. While I would love for a Villians park(and there is plenty to make an entire park that would be amazing) I think at this point they need to wait till the Marvel theme park rights get worked out to their advantage and build a marvel park. I am a strong believer of not putting marvel stuff in current parks because I just dont think it goes along with disney characters and themeing. That said I think marvel is incrediable and think a separate park themed to marvel and only marvel would be amazing. Like I said they would have to wait till they are able to build marvel attractions which I am sure will be in the next 5-10 years after some legal battles. Starting from scratch with disney imagineers, all that land, and tons of money they could blow people away. This would be a big draw to the group disney struggles to get which is the young adults and especially males who are what disney has always struggled to get to come to the parks. Also waiting till this is all worked out will also give them time to improve and work on the current parks to make them better.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I'm still not even thrilled with Disney purchasing Marvel. I'm not a superhero fan, never have been, never will be. If you want to attract the male 8-16 demographic, make your own **** characters. That being said its fairly obvious I don't want a Marvel park anywhere NEAR a Disney park. Nor villains. Just because they're all villains doesn't mean they're all related.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

A Marvel park won't ever happen. Universal has an Iron clad contract keeping Disney (or anyone else) from bringing Marvel characters into a park within a 250 mile radius of any Universal park featuring Marvel characters. You will probably start to see them pop up in Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo, but Iger himself has said bringing the Marvel characters to WDW is almost certainly never going to happen.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It's more than a 250-mile radius...details of the contract were made available as part of an SEC filing or something like that, and the oft-stated "east of the Mississippi" clause is true. It also appeared that if Universal had executed on a clause to bring them to the west coast, it would mean Disney couldn't use those characters anywhere in the U.S., IIRC...but that clause expired.

There were various other limitations, but it does basically prevent any of the characters in use at Universal (which, for the most part, are all the big draws) as characters or theming at WDW. At least not without what would certainly be a very expensive buy-out of the contract.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

There will never be a 5th gate
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I fall in line with the consensus that a 5th gate should be deferrred until the other parks are fully utilized. The money would be better spent in park upgrades. The Fantasyland expansion is a good start. Putting some effort into DAK would go a long way too, another E ticket attraction so they can finally shut down EE and fix the yeti. The Beastly Kingdomme is dead and buried, and Australia "land" has been bandied about. I dount however that much will happen for 10 years or so at DAK. There is a laundry list of "should dos" for each park. Spend the cash on plussiong up what exists, there is a lot to work with.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Travelbug Kim is offline A-Ticket holder

One thought. Animators Park. Everything is animated. Looks like Toontown in Disneyland but with better rides. More virtual rides. Take stories from Old Mickey cartoons for themed adventures. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy could be Black and white. Steamboat Willie water ride( big ship up and down ride), Bring Animator's Palate Restaurant from Cruiseline to park. Bring back old stories like Robin Hood, Jungle Book etc

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds good as an expansion of DHS... I dunno about a full fledged park...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Travelbug Kim View Post
    One thought. Animators Park. Everything is animated. Looks like Toontown in Disneyland but with better rides. More virtual rides. Take stories from Old Mickey cartoons for themed adventures. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy could be Black and white. Steamboat Willie water ride( big ship up and down ride), Bring Animator's Palate Restaurant from Cruiseline to park. Bring back old stories like Robin Hood, Jungle Book etc
    I like that idea on its basic level, but the problem with doing a nostalgic park is that nostalgia is different for everyone. You could put in the old black and white stuff, which will probably always be considered "classic" I guess, but when you start bringing in old movies you open yourself up to a whole new slew of problems. Eventually every movie and it's characters is considered classic to someone. We really aren't that far out from a generation of young adults who grew up with characters like Stitch and Chicken Little. Those characters are their memories, not Robin Hood and Little John.
    Last edited by StewbotTalborg; 07-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456