Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC i wanna say that refurb was in the mid 90's so its been a while anyway... It technically isn't even the original......
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i wanna say that refurb was in the mid 90's so its been a while anyway...
    It technically isn't even the original...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    It technically isn't even the original...
    the original refurb...? there have been a few since the park opened... originally the guest played the part of Snow White... but nobody understood it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

That's the one I was meaning. It used to be a heck of a lot darker in its tone. So mourning the end of the current Snow White would be a bit like closing Tiki Room: Under New Management but mourning for it as if it was the original. If that makes sense.

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    So the gist of this I'm getting is

No Fairies
    Voyage of the Little mermaid is still on
    Dumbos Circus/Dueling Dumbos is till on
    Meet and Greets are on life support and the be our guest dining area is still a go?
    Somewhat.
    +Fairy's including Tink are banished to Epcot's Flower and Garden Show.
    +Voyage is going to be the Main event
    +Yes Dueling Dumbo's
    +Meet and Greet going into Snow's building but will be all Princesses (I think that is a mistake like the Fairy idea-Mickey & friends were for both the boys and girls. Disney missing the mark here)
    +New Coaster Snow & gang coal miner roller-coaster. Drawings look to be an additional smaller coaster, but drawings are concept so who knows.
    +Barnstormer will be re-themed in another Goofy theme to go with new area.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I do not think all these changes to MK are necessarily a bad thing. When Toad left and Pooh came in, I thought it was terrible until I saw that my kids related to Pooh in a way they did not relate to Toad. Overall, I think updating and keeping the parks fresh is the way to go.
    I so agree. FL has been almost seedy for a long time and very dated. Pooh is fine, but not great, the small are impressed, I wasn't, disappointed, Disney could have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

The one thing Fantasyland really could use is one good dining option. Maybe this Beauty and the Beast one will work. However it needs to be a lot less expensive than that silly castle character meal thing. Other than make money hand-over-fist for Disney, why would you have something so cramped and difficult to get a reservation for?
    I agree, food costs are nutty. Plus you sink an hour to two hours. As long as people are willing to pay big buck for standard buffet food, serve themselves and tip dearly to serve themselves I don't blame Disney for capitalizing on that. I know I a minority on the buffet though.

As for Pooh, the crazy Japanese found a way to make their version a trackless system. The cars glide along the floor using sensors, and it still hops and swirls, just like the ride at WDW does. Similar ride, far more advanced technology, which should only lead to vast opportunities for Tokyo Disneyland in the future.
    Exactly. They could have done so much more with Pooh. You look at the inside of Splash and it is amazing, Pooh followed and Disney took the least expensive direction. It isn't bad, just not great.

Dumbo? I guess the only way to expand that one is to go up and have two levels somehow, or to do the double ride. Still, it's as basic a carnival ride as you can get (replace Dumbo with horses, pigs, birds, rocket ships... oh wait, Disney did that) and it's any other ride at any other travelling carnival). This lineless system is either going to catch on or fall way flat. Time will tell.
    I don't grasp the circus theme yet. I hope it pulls together. Dumbo I get, you need to have things to bring in the small kids and graduate them to larger rides. I'll give the little kids that, doubt I'll ride Dumbo, but that's OK. I did that when my kids were small, someday again with Grand-kids.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    thats the hope i have... it is pretty embarrassing that they replace an opening day attraction with a meet and greet... i think thats whats making this whole thing difficult for people... not the attraction leaving... but what is replacing it...
    I hope but I say that with guarded optimism. Disney has messed up Epcot leaving WoL empty, messing up Imagination on all levels, look at the mess they left in River Country behind and how long they've left Pop Century II rot away. They could leave that building with just M & G forever or board it up like the Adventure Land restaurant or Bonnfamillie restaurant. They have done some interesting board ups in the last decade and a half.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't grasp the circus theme yet. I hope it pulls together. Dumbo I get, you need to have things to bring in the small kids and graduate them to larger rides. I'll give the little kids that, doubt I'll ride Dumbo, but that's OK. I did that when my kids were small, someday again with Grand-kids.
    It's not that I have an issue with Dumbo being included. But when part of their "big" expansion plans is nothing more than including a second Dumbo ride? Not anything major there.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't use the opportunity to take out the Speedway as well...

- Walt Disney

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

So this "new coaster" is simply going to be the Barnstormer, but persumably placed inside a show building? And there was me for once looking forward to seeing something new...

- Walt Disney

(Insert comment here).

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by voyageofariel View Post
    The one thing I'm worried about, now that you mention it is the fact that they are building a new area and ride for Ariel. Could that mean that Disney might remove 'Voyage of the Little Mermaid'?? :-(
    I doubt it. When I was there in December, they had nice signage up along the construction walls telling the story of the ride. They'll need a E or at least D ticket ride here, and a roller coaster isn't going to cut it. As long as this doesn't turn out to be a second Nemo ride (the vehicles already sound similar), then it might be OK.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Post Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

(Insert comment here).

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The one thing I'm worried about, now that you mention it is the fact that they are building a new area and ride for Ariel. Could that mean that Disney might remove 'Voyage of the Little Mermaid'?? :-(
    I doubt it. When I was there in December, they had nice signage up along the construction walls telling the story of the ride. They'll need a E or at least D ticket ride here, and a roller coaster isn't going to cut it. As long as this doesn't turn out to be a second Nemo ride (the vehicles already sound similar), then it might be OK.
    I think what voyageofariel is referring to is the current VOTLM attraction in DHS, which like SWSA may be redundant, even though it is in another park.

The new Ariel attraction IS an omnimover ride, like the clamshells at The Seas, but the attraction would be more themed (akin to Haunted Mansion) that the clamshells.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I hope but I say that with guarded optimism. Disney has messed up Epcot leaving WoL empty, messing up Imagination on all levels, look at the mess they left in River Country behind and how long they've left Pop Century II rot away. They could leave that building with just M & G forever or board it up like the Adventure Land restaurant or Bonnfamillie restaurant. They have done some interesting board ups in the last decade and a half.
    Yeh but that is in more of a main area than the Adventureland Veranda or WoL... they couldnt just close it never to open again... they would get killed for that...

It's not that I have an issue with Dumbo being included. But when part of their "big" expansion plans is nothing more than including a second Dumbo ride? Not anything major there.

im with you here... i feel like this whole expansion is just going to be facades... it looks like the whole expansion has no real substance

that wouldnt happen because VotLM is in MGM and thus they are ok with having 2 attractions for one film... as long as its in other parks... that is why SWSA is on the chopping block...

it seems to me that LM ride and the Be our Guest restaurant are the only definites we have as of now... even the recent announcements could change... tomorrow...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

I am very disappointed in the new expansions that are happening.

1.) As a fan of SWSA, I think completely putting that on the chopping block would be the wrong decision for Disney. Both of my parents said they would not ride the Seven Dwarves mine if it's a cheesy roller coaster like Barnstormer. So that is losing riders and losing the adult interest.

2.) I love the meet and greets but having about 5-7 meet and greets in one area.. all the time makes Fantasyland bland now. It won't be the same and I think it will lose some of it's Fantasy aspect. My ideal fantasyland where I can create my own story won't be there anymore

3.) I feel like there is too much emphasis on the princesses. I love them.. but woah.. back off a bit.

4.) I do like the new Ariel ride. I think that will be a fun edition. But taking away SWSA because of one new dark ride is idiotic. I mean there is Pooh and Peter Pan there right now.. What's one more dark ride. They are mostly enjoyable for the whole family.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast