Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; I'm still holding out hope for the mine coaster. If they do it justice it could be quite a sight. Failing that, I'll just be passing through Fantasyland from now ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

I'm still holding out hope for the mine coaster. If they do it justice it could be quite a sight.

Failing that, I'll just be passing through Fantasyland from now on...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    I am very disappointed in the new expansions that are happening.

1.) As a fan of SWSA, I think completely putting that on the chopping block would be the wrong decision for Disney. Both of my parents said they would not ride the Seven Dwarves mine if it's a cheesy roller coaster like Barnstormer. So that is losing riders and losing the adult interest.
    It isn't going to be like Barnstormer. They've already said it will have a unique tilting car design. But just how thrilling remains to be seen. Based on the artists renderings (which don't really give a good picture), I'm thinking perhaps somewhere between BTM and Barnstormer, but I hope it will be better than that.

3.) I feel like there is too much emphasis on the princesses. I love them.. but woah.. back off a bit.
    They DID back off. The original plan was practically all princesses all over the place. The new plan is just relocating the current princess M&G and expelling the pixies, so they appear to have actually reduced the number of M&Gs.

4.) I do like the new Ariel ride. I think that will be a fun edition. But taking away SWSA because of one new dark ride is idiotic. I mean there is Pooh and Peter Pan there right now.. What's one more dark ride. They are mostly enjoyable for the whole family.
    They aren't getting rid of SWSA just because they added another dark ride. It is thematically redundant with the mine coaster.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I like that they are bringing more coasters into so it will be a little more applying to older kids and teens. I love MK but it isn't some of my friends favorite park. Snow White Scary Adventure wasn't may favorite just because everything was so close
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

This idea of a mine coaster is because the fantasyland expansion lacked substance... other than the Under Sea Adventure there wasn't really any other attractions... M&G's don't count... not only does the mine coaster bring another attraction to the expansion but it also brings in an attraction that appeals more to teens and boys... Something the original fantasyland concept was really lacking...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    This idea of a mine coaster is because the fantasyland expansion lacked substance... other than the Under Sea Adventure there wasn't really any other attractions... M&G's don't count... not only does the mine coaster bring another attraction to the expansion but it also brings in an attraction that appeals more to teens and boys... Something the original fantasyland concept was really lacking...
    Pooh is still one of my favorite rides and I love Phillarmagic...just saying

However, yes, you're right...it would make that whole area more attractive, as Fantasyland was known to be an area where mostly little kids and girls would be...when I would go with my family, we would get there right when the park opened and do most of the Fantasyland attractions for my sister while waiting for Toontown to open at 10am...Fantasyland was hardly in the agenda any time after that
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    Pooh is still one of my favorite rides and I love Phillarmagic...just saying
    I was referring more to the expansion... That's where fantasyland lacked substance in my opinion... Disney keeps billing it as "doubling the size of the original fantasyland..." i ask... what is really going in there...? think about that... before the mine coaster came into play the new fantasyland was... well... boring...

but the original fantasyland does still have an appeal to kids and adults alike...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

"Doubling the size of the original"?

Will Disney learn that it is all about quality, not quantity?*

I sure as heck know which Fantasyland I'd choose of the two.

*But quantity has a quality of its own...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Yeh but that is in more of a main area than the Adventureland Veranda or WoL... they couldnt just close it never to open again... they would get killed for that...
    I disagree. They closed a restaurant in the FC resort lobby area. For several years they little had a board nailed up over the entrance. Disney does as it feels best, lately financially.

it seems to me that LM ride and the Be our Guest restaurant are the only definites we have as of now... even the recent announcements could change... tomorrow...
    I hope they change the M & G. How hard would it be to make it a mix of greets that appeal to both boys and girls? M & G come and go so quickly, this might be gone before it ever takes hold.

When my son hit about 8 he wasn't thrilled about FL at all. Even with the changes on the table, if I think back to him being 8 can't imagine him wanting to do anything besides a good mine coaster. If it is at all smaller or the same as Barnstormer guessing he would have passed on that too if it tilted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    It's not that I have an issue with Dumbo being included. But when part of their "big" expansion plans is nothing more than including a second Dumbo ride? Not anything major there.
    I didn't take it that way.

I brought my kids to the MK since they were a year old. Now both in college, so I've seen their interests change but remember what they did really enjoy. I spent way too much time in line for Dumbo. They did re-hab the current Dumbo during their childhood and added more Dumbo's but the lines were still 45 minutes to over an hour for a very quick ride. That is a horrible wait for even the best behaved toddler. I'm being sympathetic to the young and their parents by supporting the 2 Dumbo's and a interactive area to reach Dumbo. The carpets did add some relief to the lines.

While some of the new attractions might not appeal to me...the coaster will likely have more guests per hour than snow did. The restaurant will lighten the load on some of my favorite eateries. Mermaid will draw so many guests. All and all I am looking forward to some of my favorite attractions being less crowded. To me that aspect is a Win Win.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I was referring more to the expansion... That's where fantasyland lacked substance in my opinion... Disney keeps billing it as "doubling the size of the original fantasyland..." i ask... what is really going in there...? think about that... before the mine coaster came into play the new fantasyland was... well... boring...

but the original fantasyland does still have an appeal to kids and adults alike...
    Yea...it seemed as though it was just an expanding of what they had...the Mine coaster would definitely add something new to the area
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

It will add something different all right... Also they keep saying that the mine coaster won't be another barnstormer... It will have many different aspects than what the barnstormer is... I think it's extremely important to Disney that this attraction hits the nail in the head... I think for 2 reasons:

1. Disney needs to justify closing an opening day attraction... If it's not that good people will complain "why bother closing SWSA..."

2. They need a real "headliner" in the new area... If not it will be like another AK... Big open area to walk around... But nothing there to do...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I was kinda shocked when I heard they were closing SWSA. Glad my kids rode it last year. I'm trying to have an open mind about it all, but I don't think I like the idea of another meet & greet area. My kids can spot those a mile away and it really ties up a LOT of time waiting for an autograph. The characters usually walk away when we get up to them as well.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I was kinda shocked when I heard they were closing SWSA. Glad my kids rode it last year. I'm trying to have an open mind about it all, but I don't think I like the idea of another meet & greet area. My kids can spot those a mile away and it really ties up a LOT of time waiting for an autograph. The characters usually walk away when we get up to them as well.
    Agreed. That's why even though it costs extra, character meals are so worth it.

Back to an earlier post in here, my wife also thought that SWSA had been toned down recently. We remembered it being a lot scarier on our first trip then it has been on our subsequent ones.

My hope is somewhere down the line Disney starts getting nostalgic for the "golden days" and returns to a smaller feel. Like when I went as a kid and the characters walked the parks meeting guests.

I know, I'm a dreamer.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Just to be clear on the meet and greets...the original FLE plan had the princesses splitting from the current "one line three princesses" M&G into three completely separate M&G areas.For those interested in the princesses, it could easily have increased the amount of time it would have taken.

It was unclear how the pixie M&G would have been handled.

Now, the princesses are back to the 3-in-1 idea (unless they try and split the lines within, which I doubt), and the pixie M&G is gone altogether. So they actually removed a M&G as part of this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Just to be clear on the meet and greets...the original FLE plan had the princesses splitting from the current "one line three princesses" M&G into three completely separate M&G areas.For those interested in the princesses, it could easily have increased the amount of time it would have taken.

It was unclear how the pixie M&G would have been handled.

Now, the princesses are back to the 3-in-1 idea (unless they try and split the lines within, which I doubt), and the pixie M&G is gone altogether. So they actually removed a M&G as part of this.
    yeh but closing an opening day attraction for a M&G just doesnt make sense... thats where i seem to be stuck... and i feel like many people are in the same boat...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

MellBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm really torn about this expansion. I'm exicited about the additions (especially Little Mermaid ride and Be Our Guest restaurant) and changing and updating the area is a chance for Disney to introduce new exciting technologies. On the other hand, I'm kinda' mourning for what we are losing (Toontown and Snow White). The "classic" rides are all rides that I could bring my "babies" on before they could enjoy even the kiddie coasters. Snow White is NOT that scary especially if your kids have watched the movie. The meet and greets are also something we have enjoyed with our toddlers because it is so magical to them and they absolutely believe. To me, that is what fantasyland is. I'm also ok with Fantasyland being a little "girl heavy." This where princesses and fairies should live! It's not that far of a walk to see Pirates and Space Rangers, etc. I have a boy and a girl and I know where to go and what to do for each of them to be happy and THEY know its all about sharing time and compromise.

I'm not excited to hear about the mine coaster. Don't we already have a runaway mountain train and a kiddie coaster????? I know there is new technology to be used but it seems repetitious and it does not equally replace a ride that young families can take their toddlers on. I still cannot grasp that they are replacing a classic ride with a roller coaster. I can take my kids on tons of roller coasters everywhere else but when we want something nice and sweet...we go to fantasyland.

I'm really hoping Disney does this right.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast