Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by MellBelle I'm not excited to hear about the mine coaster. Don't we already have a runaway mountain train and a kiddie coaster????? I know there is new ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by MellBelle View Post
    I'm not excited to hear about the mine coaster. Don't we already have a runaway mountain train and a kiddie coaster????? I know there is new technology to be used but it seems repetitious and it does not equally replace a ride that young families can take their toddlers on. I still cannot grasp that they are replacing a classic ride with a roller coaster. I can take my kids on tons of roller coasters everywhere else but when we want something nice and sweet...we go to fantasyland.

I'm really hoping Disney does this right.
    the seven dwarves mine is supposed to be a brand new ride system... something completely different than what theyve done in the past... or anywhere else for that matter...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

I'm heartbroken about SWSA going the way of Mr. Toad. I get that its not a crowd fave but to me it sums up so much that is classic Disney and I will be sad to see it go. What saddens me the most though, is the relocation of Dumbo. The rides location is so iconic, i just can't see the draw if they double it up and move it!

I am excited for the new coasters, especially if they are family friendly. The three mountains always have such long lines, it will be nice to have those thrill seeking crowds disbursed by more hair raising rides!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

With Dumbo I'm not sure it's so much the draw so much as doubling ride capacity. For a ride that just goes round and round, it really does have a long line.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Agreed, the ride itself is not great per se but there is something about twirling around with the castle and the carosel right there that just feels so disney to me! I wouldn't bother to ride it elsewhere (like i generally don't bother to ride the carpets or astro orbiter). I'm just wondering if the demand will still be there if they move it?
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

It's the first "kiddie" attraction people see besides the carousel.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

not after they move it... almost like it will have its own little corner...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I read today that the coal mine coaster was to be an inside attraction, if the author got it correctly. There have been so many announcements right and left about FL bet it is hard to keep up during a press conference.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

If it is truly supposed to be a 'coal mine' ride, then it would make more sense to have it be an indoor ride. Not too many outdoor mines.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    not after they move it... almost like it will have its own little corner...
    And as a former Mom of Tots that is a good idea if executed as explained.
    If it is a lineless route to the Dumbo's it will be nice for the parents to have the little guys kinda wedged in there, hard for them to get lost or escape.

Ariel's Grotto was squished in like that also and made it easy to give the little ones some time to play on their own yet still able to keep an eye on them.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    If it is truly supposed to be a 'coal mine' ride, then it would make more sense to have it be an indoor ride. Not too many outdoor mines.
    yeh it will definitely be inside... if they made it outdoors... it would be one of those "wow what were you thinking" moments... although it could start outside and end up going in... i could see that...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Most mines are enclosed...you have the long caverns and winding hallways. Rarely do miners get trapped outdoors.

Similar thought to TM coaster.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-25-2011 at 12:47 AM.

The drawing in here has it looking like TM. In and out. Can't recall off-hand the back story to TM, is it a coal train also?

Disney Fantasyland expansion: Walt Disney World unveils updated Fantasyland plans - OrlandoSentinel.com

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It's going to be a combination in- and outside coaster.

There are plenty of mines that are actually outdoors. They are called strip mines and open-pit mines. May not make for the best theme, though...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Indeed, was going to make that point. But open-caste, of course, is not how they mined in the film!

I'm assuming, based on the concept art, there's at least some inspiration in the inside/outside idea being drawn from Journey To The Center Of The Earth at Tokyo DisneySEA.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Overall, for a project they've already announced a completion date on, it seems rather than make progress, all they have done so far is make more and more changes.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast