Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova Overall, for a project they've already announced a completion date on, it seems rather than make progress, all they have done so far is make more ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Overall, for a project they've already announced a completion date on, it seems rather than make progress, all they have done so far is make more and more changes.
    indecisiveness is one of mans pitfalls dont forget...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Overall, for a project they've already announced a completion date on, it seems rather than make progress, all they have done so far is make more and more changes.

For the most part thank goodness for changes. Some of those ideas were pretty wacky and would not draw a large portion of the guests to FL. I'd rather see changes than Imagineers and Power to Be get stubborn and stick with ill-conceived projects like for example the Fairy's.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    For the most part thank goodness for changes. Some of those ideas were pretty wacky and would not draw a large portion of the guests to FL. I'd rather see changes than Imagineers and Power to Be get stubborn and stick with ill-conceived projects like for example the Fairy's.
    this is true... but they seem like they keep shooting themselves in the foot... i dont think there is anyway this project gets finished by the original date... seems like Test Track all over again... the only difference was that TT was trouble because of the technology... not indecisiveness...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

TWWoHP really knocked em' for a loop, as well it should have.
    Time for some serious Walt channeling, guy and gal imagineers.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    this is true... but they seem like they keep shooting themselves in the foot... i dont think there is anyway this project gets finished by the original date... seems like Test Track all over again... the only difference was that TT was trouble because of the technology... not indecisiveness...

Disney has never seemed to be too concerned about opening a project on a set time table. Even when they farm projects out those are often delayed. Look at Yak & Yeti. Peter Pan took forever to fix a facade.
    Pop Century Part II. Wonder if they will meet that projected completion date or not, or if it will ever happen.

One thing I do have experience in coasters being manufactured and shipped. Heck it can take two months just to ship the thing let alone assemble it when it gets to FL. So I am guessing either that the coaster track and operating system was ordered long ago or they pilfered the track and operating system from another project (DHS???) to complete the FL project or the coaster is going to down to the wire or late.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    TWWoHP really knocked em' for a loop, as well it should have.
    Time for some serious Walt channeling, guy and gal imagineers.
    And by Gosh Harry seems to be the motivating factor since Disney first realized Universal said check mate with HP, you hit that correctly.

Nothing Disney is doing in the parks is going trump the HP land Universal built. Disney's mistake was allowing Universal to lure the loyal Disney fans. Can't see anything Disney can do to halt Guests from spending a day or two at Universal when they never did before.

Disney can update Star Tours, fix the facades in FL add a mermaid and a dwarf coal coaster, none of which will Trump HP Land and get guests to stop going to the other park. Worldwide there are just too many HP fans and as of right now I venture to say there are more HP fans than there are Little Mermaid loyalists.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

The way I see it, Fantasyland does not count as a reply to Potter. Instead, it is bringing the park up to 0 from -1; something that should have been done earlier. If they want to go around "topping" rivals, there needs to be something additional.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Qmaz246 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    The way I see it, Fantasyland does not count as a reply to Potter. Instead, it is bringing the park up to 0 from -1; something that should have been done earlier. If they want to go around "topping" rivals, there needs to be something additional.
    I agree with this poster. It's not supposed to be a rival to HP, it's just happening at this time.

This was sorely needed in MK... come on the last time a land got an overhaul was i think the 94 refurb of Tomorrowland... that shows you how long this has been needed in the park... other parks are gonna need to follow suit... we shall see at this years D23... that was where they announced this expansion... lets see what they have coming... though i doubt it is much considering Hyperion Wharf and the Animation resort...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I'm in agreement with you. Fantasyland re-mix not nearly a reply to Potter...just seems like Disney's world was all-around rocked by it. And, if so, thank goodness. 'Bout time they got rocked off their high castle, and maybe, just maybe, got the REAL creative fire lit back under their behinds.
    Enough sitting on your laurels...Walt NEVER approved of that.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't mind some changes and I'm happy that they've decided to scrap the original incarnation of what the expansion was to be. Hopefully they built this "review/redo" time into their timeframe and the section will be fully open and operational in time without their having to paint new dates onto construction walls. Remember the horror stories from opening day of Disneyland.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I'm hoping that the serious competition from TWWOHP really spurs the powers that be at Disney to start paying arttention tot eh aprks and thinking about investing int hem again. Consider that the newest E ticket Everst is already broken. When Disney can't keep a mechanical yeti working it means something.

I think ratehr than creating a new E ticket to "one up" harry Potter Disney would eb well served to plus up what they have. of course if they INSISTED on recreating 20K no one would complain.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    of course if they INSISTED on recreating 20K no one would complain.
    Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Personally, I think they are secretly turning SWSA into an revamped Mr. Toad 2.0, because they have enough meet&greets, come on DISNEY!
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I think that if Disney is going to compete with Universal then they are going to need to get more thrill rides. And not Test Track thrill rides. They need to get more roller coasters like Rockin Roller Coast and Everest. This would spark teen interest. I love Disney ad everything about it. But i have trouble convincing some of my friends that Disney is fun when there are hardly any good roller coasters that are good. They like Six Flag roller Coaster and Universal roller coasters. One reason I think families go to Universal is to please the teens in the family. If Disney would get to nice fast loopy upside-down roller coasters it would attract more teens.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast