Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Cortini I think that if Disney is going to compete with Universal then they are going to need to get more thrill rides. And not Test Track ...
    N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    I think that if Disney is going to compete with Universal then they are going to need to get more thrill rides. And not Test Track thrill rides. They need to get more roller coasters like Rockin Roller Coast and Everest. This would spark teen interest. I love Disney ad everything about it. But i have trouble convincing some of my friends that Disney is fun when there are hardly any good roller coasters that are good. They like Six Flag roller Coaster and Universal roller coasters. One reason I think families go to Universal is to please the teens in the family. If Disney would get to nice fast loopy upside-down roller coasters it would attract more teens.
    I would like to see that as well...however, I doubt it will happen. And, I go to other theme parks (except Universal, really) and get my thrill rides in. I don't think Disney has much of a concern for gearing rides toward just teens; their main focus is something an entire family can enjoy. You put up a very good argument...but it's just something Disney does rarely. And that rate, RnRC and Everest are really both family-esque coasters. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big time thrill and roller coaster person, but when I go to WDW, I want that Disney-experience, not a thrill experience (but maybe one or two thrill ride coasters wouldn't hurt!)
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    I would like to see that as well...however, I doubt it will happen. And, I go to other theme parks (except Universal, really) and get my thrill rides in. I don't think Disney has much of a concern for gearing rides toward just teens; their main focus is something an entire family can enjoy. You put up a very good argument...but it's just something Disney does rarely. And that rate, RnRC and Everest are really both family-esque coasters. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big time thrill and roller coaster person, but when I go to WDW, I want that Disney-experience, not a thrill experience (but maybe one or two thrill ride coasters wouldn't hurt!)
    Yes this is true but teens are apart if the family to. And i am not talking about a whole park maybe just 2 or 3 more would do the trick
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Yes this is true but teens are apart if the family to. And i am not talking about a whole park maybe just 2 or 3 more would do the trick
    I'm 19...I am still a teen (sort of) haha, but also a college student...of course I would like to see 1 or 2, but I just don't foresee it...at least not in the recent future because of this Fantasyland expansion...for the time being, I will be perfectly happy (I hope) with what is going to be in store for all of us in the next couple years

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I'm 19...I am still a teen (sort of) haha, but also a college student...of course I would like to see 1 or 2, but I just don't foresee it...at least not in the recent future because of this Fantasyland expansion...for the time being, I will be perfectly happy (I hope) with what is going to be in store for all of us in the next couple years
    Well i am a teen too. I am excited for whats going on. i am just saying that if they want to compete with HP roller coasters are the way to go.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by nemomusicalfan1 View Post
    Personally, I think they are secretly turning SWSA into an revamped Mr. Toad 2.0, because they have enough meet&greets, come on DISNEY!
    Thanks for the giggle!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm hoping that the serious competition from TWWOHP really spurs the powers that be at Disney to start paying arttention tot eh aprks and thinking about investing int hem again. Consider that the newest E ticket Everst is already broken. When Disney can't keep a mechanical yeti working it means something.
    Yep, Disney really fell asleep at WDW on a whole while they were building multiple parks elsewhere, letting the crown jewel vegetate.

I'm hoping there is something for everyone. Not every attraction has to be suitable for all ages or likes, but if they are going to re-vamp an entire Land there should be something for teens too, so I hope the roller coaster will do it. When my DS was 19 or anywhere in his teens, I doubt he would have become excited about the Mermaid ride.

Well i am a teen too. I am excited for whats going on. i am just saying that if they want to compete with HP roller coasters are the way to go.
    I have an older end teen that is hoping for the same. Both of my kids have on their bucket list to visit HP. They were raised Disney. They both clearly see now that the "other" parks have good offerings too.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I will always see Disneyland as the original "theme" park, and thus, all other Disney parks as theme parks, as well. All others to me, are mostly "amusement" parks. I realize this is a broad generalization because, others will argue that, there were "theme" parks before Walt was even a glint in his momma and daddy's eyes. But, Walt took it to a whole new level. I Can be "amused" by a lot of things, but when I go to a Disney park I expect to not only be amused, but also, involved in a story, or a fun learning experience, or to be truely entertained. believe me (Just ask my DW), I love flippin' around on any thrill ride I can, but Disney is where I expect more than just "amusement".
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm hoping there is something for everyone. Not every attraction has to be suitable for all ages or likes, but if they are going to re-vamp an entire Land there should be something for teens too, so I hope the roller coaster will do it. When my DS was 19 or anywhere in his teens, I doubt he would have become excited about the Mermaid ride.
    Absolutely would I like to see something geared toward teens. I'm just saying...with the expansion, there won't be anything otherwise until Fantasyland is completely done. I probably won't even want to bother with half the things in Fantasyland just because they are kid-ish or girly...I just don't think that Disney World needs to compete with Universal...Disney World can only go up in profits, visitors, etc. while Universal lags behind (only by a little, though). I think a ride geared towards teens and young adults would only be an incentive for those of that age group there as opposed to drawing in that crowd solely with 1 or 2 rides. And if a ride of this sort were to open...crowds will be there, and people of all ages will be on the ride as well.

And, yes, I would lobby for another roller coaster!

2011 Trip Report:

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    I will always see Disneyland as the original "theme" park, and thus, all other Disney parks as theme parks, as well. All others to me, are mostly "amusement" parks. I realize this is a broad generalization because, others will argue that, there were "theme" parks before Walt was even a glint in his momma and daddy's eyes.
    For what it's worth, I wouldn't say you were generalizing at all; I'd say you were right on the money. I personally get a little tired of seeing everything and anything described as a "theme-park".

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

A "theme" is not, "A place with random rides and games of chance". Those are "amusements".
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I am personally really sad about the expansion... hopefully they will bring bsck toad as a surprise>
    Reply with a comment if u with me.
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

As a mourner of another Fantasyland great, I feel your pain, but it really isn't going to happen.

Instead, go knock yourself out with some of this fantastic pet-project art for a Mr. Toad on steroids: Eric Scales- Portfolio

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by nemomusicalfan1 View Post
    I am personally really sad about the expansion... hopefully they will bring bsck toad as a surprise>
    Reply with a comment if u with me.
    I would, but I can't bring myself to side with anyone who is actually entertained by the "blech-ness" that is the Finding Nemo Musical.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

the chances of Toad coming back are about as good as seeing and unobstructed view of the Mann's Chinese Theater (TGMR) from the MGM entrance... summed up... it aint gonna happen... sorry...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

freddyfreak1999 is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

Its not going to happen

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast