Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; I think they need to keep Tinker Bell but maybe not the other fairies....
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

I think they need to keep Tinker Bell but maybe not the other fairies.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

But tink by herself really doesnt work in the grand scheme of new fantasyland... Unless you build her treehouse over by PPF... Unfortunately I'm not sure there is any room for that... Unless they take down the old skyway building... Btw... Is there any plans for the skyway building... It seems strange to have all of this work and construction being done at fantasyland and nothing being done to this site... All it is these days is a stroller parking lot... Sad..
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I am not saying keep tink in fantasyland but maybe somewhere in Epcot but the other fairies i dont really care about. But I haven't heard anything about the skyway.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: the skyway building - I've heard rumors, but nothing that seems practical enough to be real. I think part of the issue is that the space isn't actually that big and they just haven't come up with anything that would also break the "wall" between Liberty Square/HM and Fantasyland.

Tink herself is sticking around for now, moving to DHS, by the Animation building I believe. The rest of the fairies are getting boxed, to be brought out at Epcot during Flower and Garden.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    the fairies franchise never took off... thats why there will be no pixie hollow...
    From the wait times to see them I'd say the fairies were fairly popular there was 75 minutes wait for them and 45 for princesses when I was there in September!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I would think that's more for Tinkerbell than some random pink or blue fairy.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC
    Is there any plans for the skyway building... It seems strange to have all of this work and construction being done at fantasyland and nothing being done to this site
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill
    Re: the skyway building - I've heard rumors, but nothing that seems practical enough to be real.
    Is the Tomorrowland station still there? If so, is it currently serving a similar role?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Is the Tomorrowland station still there? If so, is it currently serving a similar role?
    The Tomorrowland station was partially demolished at the end of 2009, leaving a much smaller building housing the bathrooms.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I remembered something like that.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    From the wait times to see them I'd say the fairies were fairly popular there was 75 minutes wait for them and 45 for princesses when I was there in September!
    In July, it was about 90 minutes for fairies, and about 20 minutes for princesses...and that was before 10:30 in the morning

I know Epcot isn't big on character greets, but I have no problem with the fairies heading over there...another character greet or two may break up a few crowds around the park, and the lines for the character greets in the Innoventions area might go down a bit as well
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

i think sending them there works... at least it does for me... and i think the problem with pixie hollow on top of the DVD sales not reaching Disney's projection was the sheer lack of attractions in the land...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I'm a bit fuzzy on the mine cart roller coaster. Will it trend towards the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad end of the scale or more towards the Goofy's Barn Stormers end of the scale?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

i hear it will be somewhere in between... not necessarily BTMR... but more thrilling than Barnstormer...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    ... Unless they take down the old skyway building... Btw... Is there any plans for the skyway building... It seems strange to have all of this work and construction being done at fantasyland and nothing being done to this site... All it is these days is a stroller parking lot... Sad..
    Didn't Lou mention something about the Fantasyland Skyway building being possibly transformed into a meet and greet for Tink? I remember him saying it didn't happen because they went for the Pixie Hollow area. This was a while ago. I think it would be great to see that turn into something other than the stroller parking, but the show building for Haunted Mansion is directly behind it...so there isn't a lot of room. A meet and greet would be great if they could theme it correctly.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6 View Post
    Didn't Lou mention something about the Fantasyland Skyway building being possibly transformed into a meet and greet for Tink? I remember him saying it didn't happen because they went for the Pixie Hollow area.
    I for one am NOT climbing stairs to meet Tinkerbell.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast