Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; apparently Disney has officially changed the Fantasyland Expansion... this will now include a Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster... and will mark the end of Snow White's Scary Adventures... Also Goofy's Barnstormer ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

apparently Disney has officially changed the Fantasyland Expansion... this will now include a Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster... and will mark the end of Snow White's Scary Adventures...

Also Goofy's Barnstormer will have a new theme... with Goofy as the Great Goofini...

any thoughts on this new development...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: new changes to the Fantasyland Expansion

Two coasters? I'm quite surprised about that and I will be sad to see Snow White's dark-ride go. Although I suppose with the Little Mermaid Attraction, young-ones will still have an alternative, which will probably resonate more with them than Snow White does.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

I was pretty shocked at the ax of Snow White's Scary Adventures -- and how casually they mentioned it in the Blog Post.

Update on New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park Disney Parks Blog

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i am shocked that they are serious about making SWSA a princess meet and greet... thats what is tragic here... in the building that houses an opening day attraction will be a meet and greet... i dunno how i feel about that...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

It is certainly a surprise.

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i dunno how i feel about that...
    Like laughing? Because that's where I am headed. It's ridiculous.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Does anyone know what this expansion is costing? This isn't an "oh my gosh they're spending so much money on garbage. I can't believe they're wasting their money!" I just like to know those kinds of statistics. I also want to see how it compares to the $1.1B they're putting into DCA. (which I'm excited for by the way)
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

I'm very upset that they will be removing Snow White's Scary Adventures. I almost cried hearing the news. They said it so casually. I had to keep re-reading it to make sure that it really said they will turn it into a meet and greet. Really? Like there aren't enough of those.
    Love, Kerri

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The mine coaster is a thematic replacement of SWSA. As loved as SWSA was, it didn't "eat the guests" as they say and it became redundant. It still exists in DL though.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I find it amazing just how much has been ripped out of Fantasyland: the Mickey Mouse Revue, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Skyway... and now Snow White.

And... if Snow White really is to become a Meet & Greet... where is the surprise? A Fantasyland-based, Claude Coats-directed ride with a dark tone replaced with a M&G? There's certainly precedent for that...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    I find it amazing just how much has been ripped out of Fantasyland: the Mickey Mouse Revue, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Skyway... and now Snow White.

And... if Snow White really is to become a Meet & Greet... where is the surprise? A Fantasyland-based, Claude Coats-directed ride with a dark tone replaced with a M&G? There's certainly precedent for that...
    I don't think it is necessarily greater than what has happened in other areas - Tomorrowland, at least...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Reading a selection of those comments confirmed every prejudice that I hold about a certain spectrum of Walt Disney World fan. No wonder the creativity slid in the company; there's no need. Most of these -...people...- would swallow anything.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't think it is necessarily greater than what has happened in other areas - Tomorrowland, at least...
    The old "Magic Kingdom East" zone as a whole then, I suppose

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

A friend of mine visited WDW for the first time last spring and HATED Snow White. So much so that she skipped Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh, expecting it to be just as bad. Yes, for nostalgia purposes, they're great rides. But when it comes to cutting edge, state-of-the-art these dark rides are not. Eventually, I can see more rides going away in favor of things that will draw today's crowds back. Universal Studios was deserted until they put in the amazing (or so I've heard... haven't been there yet) Harry Potter area. No, I have zero interest in the books, but I'd certainly go to check out how they've incorporated the technology into the area and ride.

What does surprise me is that they are taking away a "fun for the whole family" ride and replacing it with a second Barnstormer. Adios, kid's rides.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MickeyWaffle71 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by BethBreakey View Post
    I was pretty shocked at the ax of Snow White's Scary Adventures -- and how casually they mentioned it in the Blog Post.
    That was the biggest shock for me of the whole thing! I couldn't understand that getting rid of one of the classic Disney attractions seemed to be lost within the whole article. Although as a young child I never liked it, and I can't say I like it much now either, it really bothered me the way they simply threw that out there. Then again, it's a positive announcement about the expansion, not an article talking about the end of Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast