Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss The new way you enter the park? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by contence the "2 finger thing" is for seasonal and annual passholder Quick update for ya there contence, as of Jan 2005 all guest must use this feature. ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by contence
    the "2 finger thing" is for seasonal and annual passholder

Quick update for ya there contence, as of Jan 2005 all guest must use this feature. The handstamps are gone.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Actually, all "Guest" (as opposed to "Child") multi-day (or multi-park) ticket holders now are required to use Biometrics. ("Ticket Tag")

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    trendymagic: i knew the handstamps were gone. i go there practicaly every weekend and sam i am, who are you commenting to, just curious?

I was responding to your comment that Biometrics is for Annual and Seasonal passholders. (As you can see from the timestamps, TrendyMagic's post wasn't there when I started writing my post)

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    my bad. thanks for the "clear up"

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    When I was there a few weeks ago.. they were only using the biometric system when it wasn't really busy.. We only had to use it about 1/2 the time... I miss the hand stamps!! It was neat to try and read what it was on rides that had black lights.. We were able to get handstamps the 1st few days we were there as they just stopped using them recently

Teleclashter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just got back from the world yesterday, and my family and I have decided the finger scan is just an attempt to scare you away from buying cheaper tickets or selling them to companies that do. We used old park hopper tickets that we had renewed and were all identical. We entered EPCOT and I told my dad to keep them seperate so we knew which one was each persons so we knew when he hopped to Magic Kingdom. Well, after many fast pass uses we got them all mixed up, but then when we went to the Magic Kingdom we all just randomly picked the right cards, and all of our fingers are completely different in length/width/size. There is no way they do anything at all.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Well at least they don't do the kids that would be my only concern.

And Welcome a little late TELECLASHTER...glad to see someone from my area on here at last...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

"an attempt to scare you away from buying cheaper tickets or selling them to companies that do"

Well, selling partially used tickets is illegal, so yes, that's part of the goal. And if you're buying partially-used tickets, then that's also not legal. (Not just against Disney's rules, but against the law in the state of Florida).

Tickets purchased in the same transaction are linked within in the computer system. If you were to use the wrong passes for the wrong person, it will let you in and indicate to the CM that it's a different person in the party. Clever programming, I'd say. But trust me, the biometrics are doing their job, as many people who have "lent" their annual or seasonal pass in the past to friends will be sure to tell you.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    You got that right Sam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12