Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss The new way you enter the park? in the News & Rumors forums; Hello all...I am a newly registered member and just returned from my 9 day Disney trip on 5/29/05. I had a quick question. When you insert the ticket and put ...
    SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

The new way you enter the park?

Hello all...I am a newly registered member and just returned from my 9 day Disney trip on 5/29/05. I had a quick question. When you insert the ticket and put your two fingers between that little post what exactly does it do to verify you are the person who is using the tickets? The group of friends I was with had several different theories but could never figure out what that machine actually did. Thanks for your future answers....:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh...lol...I posted this under rumors because one of our theories was that it actually read your fingerprints which I'm pretty sure in not possible or true...lol

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I believe it measures your finger legnth, but I'm not quite sure - it might very well be a thumbprint scanner!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Not your fingerprints at all. The "biometric" readers use finger geometry. It's basically a camera. It takes several pictures of your fingers, determines an average of your finger length/width/size/shape and knuckle position, and computes it into a numerical value. It compares this with the number stored for your pass, and if it's close enough, it'll let you in.

If not, it'll spit out the ticket and beep.

The purpose is to make sure the same person uses the pass each time, both to prevent "pass-backs" and ticket selling/trading.

There's a good article on WDW biometrics at allearsnet

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    from what I've heard it makes a difference if your nails are a diff length from one time to the next(guess your fingers dont fit in the same) or if you wear a ring or not
    Also from what I've read if it does spit out your ticket they can check info different ways to get you in
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    from what I've heard it makes a difference if your nails are a diff length from one time to the next(guess your fingers dont fit in the same) or if you wear a ring or not
    Also from what I've read if it does spit out your ticket they can check info different ways to get you in
    Sam I Am is correct about the biometrics. Don't know about the fingernails and/or ring.

One thing that is very imporant for all Guests is to have a photo ID with you at all times in case you lose your ticket and/or the ticket does not work for some reason. You can then very easily get a new ticket and or verify who you really are. The CMs are very lenient if you have a photo ID and something goes wrong.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Fingernails do not affect it unless they are so long that your hadn does not get all the way inside the device.

The system is pretty forgiving even with a ring/no ring, fingernail changes, and body fat changes. However, massive changes, or a combination of them, can cause problems.

If you find that the biometrics "never work" for you - let the CM know - with your ID, they can reset the template on the system and then you'll be better off in the future.

Most important thing - be consistant when you use the biometrics, and keep your fingers still - as much as possible.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Boy I was sweating there for a minute.. I know the county sherrif's office already has my finger prints.. um.. nevermind

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    as of my trip to disney(6/5/05 to 6/9/05), one CM told me this system makes handstamps obsolete, that they use your fingerprints as a digital "handstamp". the machine sometimes works without your fingers, so if you do not use your fingers, you must still get a handstamp. he might've been wrong though.

by handstamps i mean a stamp you get when you leave the park to go somewhere but plan to return later in the day.

Yes, if you use biometrics, you don't need a handstamp. The point of the handstamp is to show the same person is using the pass all day. The biometrics does that for you. It's been the case since the beginning of biometrics with Annual/Seasonal passholders.

Though they'll still give you a handstamp if you ask.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The handstamp is great for when the computers go down as well. It will save you a headache or two.

True - a very good point.

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    the "2 finger thing" is for seasonal and annual passholder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast