Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Fantasyland Skyway Station to be Demolished in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by InStitches I'm kinda sad that it's going to go. It's just another piece of MK from my childhood that will be gone Completely agree...even though it wasn't ...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Fantasyland Skyway Station to be Demolished

Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    I'm kinda sad that it's going to go. It's just another piece of MK from my childhood that will be gone

Completely agree...even though it wasn't being used, it was still nostolgic to see it. I wish they would have turned it into a resturaunt or something, it would have been a cool open place to sit and have lunch in the open canopy and they could have put the restrooms in there too, kill 2 birds with one stone!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

FYI-so far they have left the beautiful bell tower clock made of brick. Fingers crossed.

Skyway is not ADA accessible. It also is not that big. Here is a real small snippet of what it looked like abandoned inside.

YouTube - ‪ABANDONED DISNEY: MK Fantasyland Skyway Tower‬‏
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm as much for nostalgia as the next guy. But when a building is there for the sake of being there, with no real practical purpose...
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I can't help but agree with that sentiment, but it was such a beautiful piece of architecture that perfectly matched the adjoining Land it's just a shame they couldn't figure out something else to do with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12