Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Great Rumor I always heard as a kid.... in the News & Rumors forums; I was born and raised in South Louisiana and have always heard rumors that Disney World was supposed to be built somewhere in Louisiana but the deal fell through due ...
    SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

Great Rumor I always heard as a kid....

I was born and raised in South Louisiana and have always heard rumors that Disney World was supposed to be built somewhere in Louisiana but the deal fell through due to the nature of Louisiana Politics. I love Louisiana but wow it would have been a different Disney if that had happend...Anyone else have any knowledge on this or have ever heard this? :mickey:

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Oh, it was supposed to be built in New Orleans, but the government leaked the secret before they were supposed to, so Walt pulled out. But his love for New Olrleans never died - there's a land and 2 resorts themed N'awlins!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thats always the rumor I had heard but I can never find anything concrete about it. It's either forgotten by most people or something Disney and Louisiana just doesn't discuss.

Praline is offline A-Ticket holder
    I always heard it was supposed to be north of the lake. I don't think they would ever have built it too close to the city.
    Jan B.

aka Praline (cuz I'm sweet and nuts )

No, not too close...but Northshore wouldn't have been too terribly bad...Jazzland is in a fine spot!

(Yes, I know it's 6 Flags New Orleans, but it'll always be Jazzland to me...)
    -Taylor

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I wish I could go back in time and change that somehow! I live just over an hour from New Orleans, but Orlando is a full day's drive away from me.

and I was very disappointed in Six Flags Over New Orleans, unfortunately. but, give it a few decades, and it might be cool. I went to Astroworld when they first opened it in Houston, then went back about 20 years later. It was a HUGE improvement.

If we can dream it, we can do it

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    I wish I could go back in time and change that somehow! I live just over an hour from New Orleans, but Orlando is a full day's drive away from me.

Hey, am I supposed to feel sorry for you guys that have a day's drive to Disney? C'mon, I live in MICHIGAN!!!

I am just jeaous...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Hey, am I supposed to feel sorry for you guys that have a day's drive to Disney? C'mon, I live in MICHIGAN!!!

I am just jeaous...
    oops... yeah, sorry about that. but with gas prices like they are, it's just as cheap to fly (and it only takes just over an hour from here), and more convenient with the shuttle service (if you're staying on property).

guess I have nothing to complain about.

If we can dream it, we can do it

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    No problem. Just joking with you.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I read that St. Louis lobbied heavily to have Disney World in their area,but Anhauser-Busch wanted to serve beer in the MK,so Walt nixed that idea.

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Port Orleans will always remind us of the real city that was destroyed by mother nature.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    (Yes, I know it's 6 Flags New Orleans, but it'll always be Jazzland to me...)
    And I wouldn't expect to see that one open anytime soon, if they do in fact open again. The park is still (if I remember correctly) under quite a bit of water and has extensive damage from Katrina.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Ugh! I have totally heard rumors about a Disney park being built here in Texas, but no one seems to be able to agree on the location. Many rumors have suggested that Disney bought land out here near Dallas, and then others say down near Houston in Katy. I would love to see them bring Disney magic to the Lone Star State
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

I just read on Disney Corner that the most recent rumor is Disney's America in Katy, TX.

Wasn't Disney's America supposed to be built near Williamsburg?
    -Taylor

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by mickaholic4077
    I read that St. Louis lobbied heavily to have Disney World in their area,but Anhauser-Busch wanted to serve beer in the MK,so Walt nixed that idea.
    That is exactly correct... Busch himself basically killed the deal that would have made St. Louis a completely different city
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast