Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Ice Station Cool is GONE!!! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Tyffni My need for a Disney fix hadn't been as strong lately until I saw the build-a-cups. Now I have to have one! Can you imagine how ...
    nsync66138 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyffni
    My need for a Disney fix hadn't been as strong lately until I saw the build-a-cups. Now I have to have one! Can you imagine how something like that would do at the Disney Store? I'm so sick of almost nothing but children's stuff (no offense to those of you with kids, but I want better stuff for me).
    I agree, the disney store doesn't ahve anything for us anymore! I think its partly because its owned by the children's place now anyway but theyr eally need some new merch. I use to shop there all the time and now I only go when I need a gift for a child. I def. want to do the build a cup thing! Where is it located now? I may be going back to Disny for the 12th time in March, but I may have exams and have to pass on the trip

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

Talking

it is in the same place that is was before, just without the iceberg......I just got back from my trip, I miss the iceberg, but the place seemed cleaner.
    Howvere selling merchandise seems the be the focus now...I got my son and dil good......didn't warn them about Beverly....lolol

Tyffni is offline A-Ticket holder
    Looks like I may get to go sooner than I thought...March 3rd. Can't wait to build my cup!!

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm sorta disappointed they got rid of the walk-through bit. Was it hard to keep up and running? Probably expensive.
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    On our trip a few weeks ago, we got to see Club Cool for the first time. I do miss the themed entrance to the attraction, but the overall area seems much cleaner now, and the new theming is a decent attempt at making everything "hip." I did notice that there were less people in Club Cool than there used to be in Ice Station Cool, but that could be from low crowds that were in the park that day. One plus of the new attraction, as I said, was how clean everything was. I remember Ice Station Cool having cups all over the place and sticky floors from the soda getting on it all the time.

It's great to still have the same sodas there, and we were able to pull of the Beverly trick on my friend Dan. He hadn't been to WDW since 1989, so my wife, sister-in-law, and I all talked about how good Beverly was for the first few days of the trip. As soon as we got to Club Cool, we rushed over to the Beverly spout as if it was our favorite and we couldn't wait. We all filled our cups, said "cheers," and pretended to drink while we watched Dan gulp it down. The expression on his face was priceless, and I wish that I had my camera out for it. It was hilarious.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Lightbulb Oooh Oooh Pick Me Pick Me!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!! i just figured out why they took down ice station cool!!! they did it because they needed the pieces of the inside to use on Expedition everest!!! i went on it 1 time! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    i had never heard of the icestation before, but it sounds SO cool!

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What pieces of Ice Station Cool did they use on Expedition Everest?

Karamie

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    u know that frozen guy
    the used him as the yeti
    jk
    lol
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Way to recycle, Disney!

Karamie

they didnt use the frozen guy for the yeti they used the pieces from the inside of the igloo the yeti is a big hairy animatronic beast! he looks REALY scary and real on the ride!

farside982 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking No its not~~~

No ice station cool is not gone. The company is refurbishing it and gave it a new name. It is no longer called ice station cool. It is called cool club.

disneygurl213 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I hope they bring the ice walk-in entrance back! But the station itself is awesome! My favorite part is where u can get a sample of coke from differant countries. My fav is from japan or china... I can't really remember. -Chloe

12 More Days til DISNEY WORLD!!!!
    Last edited by disneygurl213; 02-13-2006 at 07:07 PM.

The Magic still lives

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by farside982
    No ice station cool is not gone. The company is refurbishing it and gave it a new name. It is no longer called ice station cool. It is called cool club.
    Did you bother reading the other 140-some posts?
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I am now closing this thread as the replacement attraction is now open
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910