Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Brazil at World Showcase in the News & Rumors forums; I think Brazil would be a great choice. How about an Amazon boat ride? And a churrascaria? Iguazu Falls, Christ the Redeemer, a sanitized Carnival (it's Disney, guys). Saludos Amigos/3 ...
    weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Brazil at World Showcase

I think Brazil would be a great choice. How about an Amazon boat ride? And a churrascaria? Iguazu Falls, Christ the Redeemer, a sanitized Carnival (it's Disney, guys). Saludos Amigos/3 Caballeros tie ins..say hello to my little friend, Joe Carioca.

Now I can't get "Os Quindins de Yayá" out of my head.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by weepstah View Post
    I think Brazil would be a great choice. How about an Amazon boat ride? And a churrascaria? Iguazu Falls, Christ the Redeemer, a sanitized Carnival (it's Disney, guys). Saludos Amigos/3 Caballeros tie ins..say hello to my little friend, Joe Carioca.
    All of those ideas sound really great, but on second thought it sounds a little to similar to the Mexico Pavilion. Do you think people would dismiss a second pavilion with a boat ride and a Spanish celebration/Three Caballeros theme?

On a personal note, I would love to see Christ the Redeemer standing high above the pavilion.

I know what you mean about the similarities to Mexico - I think it could be done in a way that makes it totally different - maybe go for a different ride vehicle than a boat (although I gotta admit the boat ride makes the most sense). Architecturally, there are lots of possibilities - for example -

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/309/gallery/

or here:

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/890/gallery/

It is very beautiful. I see how they could make it work, plus I feel like Brazil is the most in demand country to be added to WS. Personally I'd love to see that or Australia, but any addition would be fantastic.

AnaCarolina is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    Yes, I am

but I am aware that Brazil is much more than that. I can only assume from your comment that you did not read the blog post I linked.
    I read the blog post. The problem is that I'm tired of people saying things like that about my country. When I go to the USA and say I'm brazilian people always talk about parties, girls, bikinis and stupid things like that. I'm just tired of that, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaCarolina View Post
    The problem is that I'm tired of people saying things like that about my country. When I go to the USA and say I'm brazilian people always talk about parties, girls, bikinis and stupid things like that.
    That's because that's the image that is projected to other countries. I know Brazil is a beautiful place with tons of things to see, but it is marketed as a giant beach party with fit women walking around in swimsuits all year. It's a sad fact, but it's true. And that is what people have come to expect from Brazil.

In the same respect America is marketed as a land of ditsy pop stars, fame and fortune. That's a very small aspect of who we are, but it's what we sell to the world.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I read the blog post. The problem is that I'm tired of people saying things like that about my country. When I go to the USA and say I'm brazilian people always talk about parties, girls, bikinis and stupid things like that. I'm just tired of that, I'm sorry.
    Im sorry you think I think that. I think the country would be a fascinating addition to World Showcase. An attraction (perhaps a movie) on the amazon would be fascinating as would a archaelogy/museum like walk through exhibit, a restaraunt featuring the cuisine of the country would be very popular

it is unfortunate that when most people think of Brasil they think Carnivale, perhaps a pavillon at WS would help dispel what you encounter

at least to a small degree
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

I don't know much about Brazil, but isn't it the birthplace of the samba? That could be amazing live entertainment (as long as it was clean enough LOL). I would be surprised if they used the statue of Christ that others mentioned, for religious reasons, and not wanting to offend other guests. I agree that somethinmg fresh in World Showcase would be nice, but I'd be surprised if it happened. Are any of the WS pavilions looking for an out? Or are we talking about a completely new build?

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Sorry, but I can think of plenty of other countries I would prefer to see represented in World Showcase, perhaps one that doesn't have throngs of people come into our parks, cut the line, litter the property, literally knock kids over, scream obscenities in public and pass out in the lobbies and hallways of hotels.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS ALL BRAZILLIANS!!! However, these groups have a bad reputation in the parks, and I am not really sure why Disney would choose them, especially since every CM I have ever spoken to on the matter despise the month of July because of these groups. Why can't they choose Australia or Russia or do something more with Africa than just an outpost?

Go ahead, someone rip my head off for this.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

AnaCarolina is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    Sorry, but I can think of plenty of other countries I would prefer to see represented in World Showcase, perhaps one that doesn't have throngs of people come into our parks, cut the line, litter the property, literally knock kids over, scream obscenities in public and pass out in the lobbies and hallways of hotels.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS ALL BRAZILLIANS!!! However, these groups have a bad reputation in the parks, and I am not really sure why Disney would choose them, especially since every CM I have ever spoken to on the matter despise the month of July because of these groups. Why can't they choose Australia or Russia or do something more with Africa than just an outpost?

Go ahead, someone rip my head off for this.
    I can rip your head off if you want '-'
    I just hate the image you all have of my country .-.

I'm from New Jersey, and I'm guessing this week that some folks at the parks are rolling their eyes during Jersey week. Ok, we're not as rowdy as some of those tour groups - I hope! So I'm not ripping anyone's head off But if the tour groups are a problem (and I agree that they are) then Disney needs to start taking a harder line on it.

When I look at possible new entrants in WS, it's really a matter of economic and political probabilities to me, plus also looking for areas of the world that are woefully under or even non-represented. I think Russia would be a fascinating pavillion as well. If Australia was paired up with New Zealand and maybe a presence from some of the other south pacific countries it could be very interesting.

In any case, adding 1 -2 countries should really be considered a high priority IMO. It's only been 20+ years, right?

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Personally I think they should just have Brasil save their pennies and build a Disney park in their country. Just sayin'.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I've had the experince of Brasilian tour groups and they are a challenge. Frankly though I find the US cheerleader/dance/sport teams (and their parents) to be more obnoxious. I do not want to hear cheers during an attraction (cheerleaders in the Haunted Mansion for instance) or the gaggle of tween/teenagers blocking entraces. Their parents are worse however since they are supposed to be adults and allow the little monsters to be self entitled brats. OK diatribe complete.

India, Egypt, Australia add one of them
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I can rip your head off if you want '-'
    I just hate the image you all have of my country .-.

Unfortunately, this was the image that was presented to me from a young age...an image that the Brazilian tour groups displayed year after year in Disney Parks and still continue to do so. If those in the groups were so concerned with how other perceived their country (especially while carrying YOUR flag), they should have behaved themselves.

And yes, I think Russia would be a great choice!
    Last edited by DopeyDancer87; 11-12-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post

I am ignorant to this. Do they really have that bad of a reputation? I've never heard anything about it outside of this thread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast