Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Brazil at World Showcase in the News & Rumors forums; I'm pretty sure Americans would learn to stay away from Brazil at the World Showcase, likely to turn into an evening hang out for the Brazilians. By the rude behavior ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Brazil at World Showcase

I'm pretty sure Americans would learn to stay away from Brazil at the World Showcase, likely to turn into an evening hang out for the Brazilians. By the rude behavior at Laugh show in the MK this week, I could do without experiencing that culture. The drowning out and talking over others during the performance was a treat I could have done without and it wasn't even a tour group, individuals all coming together from opposite corners of the theater. It is a culture that seems to need attention and make their presences known. It might be a good addition, they could have their special home.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If it's a place that will keep their obnoxious tour groups in one location, and it's some where I can easily avoid, I'm all for it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm pretty sure Americans would learn to stay away from Brazil at the World Showcase, likely to turn into an evening hang out for the Brazilians. By the rude behavior at Laugh show in the MK this week, I could do without experiencing that culture. The drowning out and talking over others during the performance was a treat I could have done without and it wasn't even a tour group, individuals all coming together from opposite corners of the theater. It is a culture that seems to need attention and make their presences known. It might be a good addition, they could have their special home.
    We only had one run in with a rude guest on this past trip and guess where he was from?? If you guessed Brazil, then you would be right! He tried to cut in line at the Pop Century food court while my wife was getting her "complimentary" resort mug. That was after he was pushed out of line by two truck driver looking ladies and they pushed him out of line. I was watching from a couple of feet away as my wife stayed in front of him despite his attempts at trying to move around her. We sat near him too after she made her purchases. I know he spoke english because he looked up when I told my wife she should have knoced his tray over while she was moving around him. He looked at me and apparently I gave him what my wife refers to as my "cop stare." He stopped looking after that.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    We only had one run in with a rude guest on this past trip and guess where he was from?? If you guessed Brazil, then you would be right! He tried to cut in line at the Pop Century food court while my wife was getting her "complimentary" resort mug. That was after he was pushed out of line by two truck driver looking ladies and they pushed him out of line. I was watching from a couple of feet away as my wife stayed in front of him despite his attempts at trying to move around her. We sat near him too after she made her purchases. I know he spoke english because he looked up when I told my wife she should have knoced his tray over while she was moving around him. He looked at me and apparently I gave him what my wife refers to as my "cop stare." He stopped looking after that.
    Having a Sheriff two homes down from me I've seen him give that "cop stare" on a few occasions. Love it.

I was waiting outside the turnstiles for a meet up and overheard a Brazilian with a group large enough for a grand gathering, but not traveling with a tour group. A man in the group was trying to buy one day tickets. The CM asked how many days they would be in the parks and it was a week. CM explaining that it would be much less expensive to purchase the multi day pass. Man irate, slamming hands and threw cash at CM through little window hole yelling something about ticket for today. CM sells the one day tickets with security quickly at security ticket booth. So odd to see Guests flashing wads of cash like that too.

I was just looking for a bit of shade and instead I had entertainment, ugly entertainment but it did pass the time.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456