Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss DSH and Epcot switch jobs in the News & Rumors forums; The latest rumor is that Epcot Vice President Dan Cockerell and Disney's Hollywood Studios Vice President Rilous Carter will be swapping for each others jobs. Hopefully it will be a ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

DSH and Epcot switch jobs

The latest rumor is that Epcot Vice President Dan Cockerell and Disney's Hollywood Studios Vice President Rilous Carter will be swapping for each others jobs. Hopefully it will be a good shake up and interesting to see what each man brings to his new park. Lordie only knows Future World could use the shake up.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: DSH and Epcot switch jobs

This could have an impact... Im not necessarily sure it will have a major impact... But I hope so considering MGM has seemed to take a step in the past few years...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Gives ya a small glimmer of hope for Future World. This is the only sliver dealt so I'll pin a little hope on it.

Future World makes me sad. The Old Disney would not let a park deteriorate. The New Disney doesn't seem to be as bright.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Some further updates to Future World would be nice - better ones than the Dame Judi Dench narration for SSE, please. Not that I fault Dame Judi herself... more the script writers.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Future World really has become Today World, hasn't it? Safety testing today's automobiles, hang gliding, fish, today's alternate sources of energy, even space training (I believe Sini even mentions "today's astronauts" in his speech). Even Spaceship Earth, which kind of ends in the future, spends the bulk of the ride talking about the past and how we got to today. Not very futuristic.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Well put.

Nothing futuristic. Very in the moment, or past or abandoned.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

While I have high hopes that this will result in something, I also know that a change in management of that level may not necessarily mean a thing for us, the guest.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Future World really has become Today World, hasn't it? Safety testing today's automobiles, hang gliding, fish, today's alternate sources of energy, even space training (I believe Sini even mentions "today's astronauts" in his speech). Even Spaceship Earth, which kind of ends in the future, spends the bulk of the ride talking about the past and how we got to today. Not very futuristic.
    Never really thought about that. I have always liked Future World but never really realized how not futurist it is. I think that they need to do something with the Wonders of Life pavilion other then just using it for special events.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    Never really thought about that. I have always liked Future World but never really realized how not futurist it is. I think that they need to do something with the Wonders of Life pavilion other then just using it for special events.
    Agreed! They could just revamp a couple of things and open it back as Wonders of Life. I hate to see that building just sitting there deteriorating.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Trust me, the problem with future world goes WAY beyond Wonders of Life. Not that growing vegetables and farming fish isn't futuristic, mind you. Or... oh, never mind.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Trust me, the problem with future world goes WAY beyond Wonders of Life. Not that growing vegetables and farming fish isn't futuristic, mind you. Or... oh, never mind.
    Mike... Today's world is what it is... The problems of future world will not be rectified until someone with an innovative mind comes along and re-inspires the imagineers to look to the future... Someone like... Ummm... Well... Someone like... I know who it should be... But somehow that doesn't seem at all possible... Maybe we can just change the name of it... That might be easier...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

And it wouldn't take expensive, extensive corporate sponsorship to swap out the signs and change the maps.

true... it could all be done on the cheap so they say...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney