Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss So What's REALLY Going On? in the News & Rumors forums; Am I the only one who thinks there is something big coming to WDW? Out of nowhere, in a recession no less, they are completely rebuilding an entire land of ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

So What's REALLY Going On?

Am I the only one who thinks there is something big coming to WDW?

Out of nowhere, in a recession no less, they are completely rebuilding an entire land of MK (Fantasyland), repainting buildings on Mainstreet as well as adding greets etc., refurbing areas of Frontierland, redoing the entire queue of HM, repainting the "legs" of SSE, tons of concrete work all over, redoing the TTA, refurbing Primevil Whirl, bringing back the old Tiki Room (or a version of it), revamping the old Pleasure Island, building a whole new resort, etc. etc.

I don't know, it just feels like this is all in prep for something big. I have no idea what but man they are busy doing TONS of improvements lately. I'm not complaining by any stretch but I don't think I've ever seen this much going on at once!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: So What's REALLY Going On?

For me! They know of our arrival in 2012. Awww! LOL
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I think the Iger 5 year plan seems to be paying some dividends as of now... We knew it would take time... This is the result...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I suppose that's true. It's incredibly impressive regardless. I just can't help but wonder if there is a big announcement coming after all this is done that, when combined with what we already know, will result in something major for the 50th maybe?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I suppose that's true. It's incredibly impressive regardless. I just can't help but wonder if there is a big announcement coming after all this is done that, when combined with what we already know, will result in something major for the 50th maybe?
    WDW's 50th? That wouldn't be 'til 2021, right?
    I personally think (unfortunately, instead of gettin' off our own beeeeehinds) we just got a boot in the butt from the place down the road.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

there is that thought as well....
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

they r getting everything ready for 2012 dream cruise 2.0!!!!

but seriously i do love that everything is getting worked on, revamped, expanded!!! no complaints here...just wish it would all be done in 45 days..lol.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Fantasyland is just a knee jerk OMG to Harry Potter. They should have seen it coming. That is why Universals attendance is up and WDW is down.

The rest of the MK is just getting the clean ups that use to be constant and were neglected over the last decade.

DTD is a fact of life. Pleasure Island could not keep up with the gang activity. Remove the clubs and it is no longer a late, late night place to hang without being conspicuous.

Finding Disney still to be in the reactive mode verses the proactive mode.
    Still looking forward to seeing Fantasyland. Can't wait to see if if it holds a candle to the Harry Potter land.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

disneyfire is offline A-Ticket holder

We went down to wdw may 7-14th and the first ting i tought also was..."wow alot of improvements going on!" its great. Fantasyland looks like its going to be huge when the get done with the additional land being constructed. Im VERY happy with the direction of Disneyparks lately.
    We will be going back in 2013....i simply cant wait untill the new fantasyland is open.

note: the parks the last couple of visits have been nothing short of immaculate.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    WDW's 50th? That wouldn't be 'til 2021, right?
    I personally think (unfortunately, instead of gettin' off our own beeeeehinds) we just got a boot in the butt from the place down the road.
    I really think you're on to something Steve. They're finally feeling the heat from Universal. Seems it's the kick in the butt Disney needed.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Potter did well for Universal, Disney was stagnant. They needed to do something, so they expanded a bit. They let their most recent big birthday come and go. So it's not that they're preparing for the 50th.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I'm glad WDW is doing SOMETHING! I just hope that the smaller stuff is finished by Thanksgiving week. Now if they would just re-open Wonders of Life with some updates.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The only thing I ever see Disney doing with WOL is taking a match to it.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The only thing I ever see Disney doing with WOL is taking a match to it.
    Probably so, but it could be something great if they just put in the effort. I hate to see it just sitting there.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think they are just executing Iger's plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast