Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Fantasmic Going Bye Bye? in the News & Rumors forums; Read this on a few news sites so figured I'd post it up here... From WDW Magic: No Fantasmic! shows scheduled beyond January 4 2012 - refurb or something else? ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Fantasmic Going Bye Bye?

Read this on a few news sites so figured I'd post it up here...

From WDW Magic:

No Fantasmic! shows scheduled beyond January 4 2012 - refurb or something else?
    Jul 13, 2011

The park schedules for January 2012 have been out now for a couple of weeks, and it is notable that there are no Fantasmic! performances beyond January 4 2012. It could well be that they are simply behind on the schedule, or is there possibly a planned refurbishment of some type? You can view the latest calendar at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Calendar.htm

EDIT: See post on 7/20
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 07-20-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Fantasmic Going Bye Bye?

Oh pretty PLEASE let it be something else. They've been running that same show for way too long now. Perhaps it's time for the east coast to get World of Color or whatever it's called? Now that California has worked out the bugs, finally.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Jerry McTavish is offline A-Ticket holder

Perhaps there are no showings of Fantasmic! because of the Disney Hollywood Studios park hours for January 2012. Per the park calendar on the WaltDisneyWorld website, except for those evenings which have Extra Magic Hours, the park is closing at 7 P.M. every evening. Maybe Disney feels this is just too early to even attempt to present Fantasmic!, even during a time of year when it gets dark earlier in the evening. Also, the refurbishment list contains no mention of Fantasmic!
    Let The Memories Begin

Why not? They close Animal Kingdom at like 2pm or something in the winter. Why not shorten their other half-day park?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McTavish View Post
    Perhaps there are no showings of Fantasmic! because of the Disney Hollywood Studios park hours for January 2012. Per the park calendar on the WaltDisney website, except for those evenings which have Extra Magic Hours, the park is closing at 7 P.M. every evening. Maybe Disney feels this is just too early to even attempt to present Fantasmic!, even during a time of year when it gets dark earlier in the evening
    They have in the past though... hence the "news" aspect of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McTavish
    Also, the refurbishment list contains no mention of Fantasmic!
    Exactly.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 07-13-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

NOOOOOO!!!!

I LOVE Fantasmic! Seriously my favorite part of my time at Disney! Oh, I will cry... I. Will. Cry.

(Keep in mind I've only been do DW 2 times and DL 1.) But, still! The music! The show! Agh!

World of Color IS amazing, though. I cried during it last year, lol. (I'm not really much of a cryer, I promise.)

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

Out with the old...

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Another Fantasmic fan here... would hate to see it go away. I have no problems with them sprucing it up a bit, but please don't get rid of it all together - it's our traditional "last night at Disney" show... would hate to see it go bye-bye.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Love Fantasmic, will happily wait for 2 hours on the cold concrete steps waiting for it to start!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Really hope the schedule just isn't published yet. We have been fans of the show since catching the very first show in October 1998. We hadn't planned on seeing the show, but a CM convinced us to keep the kids up late and see the show.

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

I was just thinking about this yesterday when I was pondering the fifth Kingdom Keepers book. I'm not a huge fan of the show- loved it the first few times I saw it but I'm definitely more of an Illuminations or Wishes (in that order) person. I'd be so excited if World of Color came to WDW.
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

If it s time for Fantasmic it's time... I think if they are gonna make the move to bring over World of Color... Now would be the time... For the people who are upset that Fantasmic might be on it's last legs... Don't be... Really I'm not being mean... The thing is Fantasmic only shows 2 days a week... And though it still packs em in it is time for a change... Once people see World of Color I think they will be ok with a closing of Fantasmic... It is time the natural progression continued at WDW...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

My 2 cents: It seems lately that instead of allowing DL and WDW to be similar, yet different, there is a push to have exact copies on each coast for certain shows and attractions (i.e. TSM, etc.). Based on that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are doing away with Fantasmic in favor of World of Color, just as they recently did at DL. My only hope if they do is that, like Fantasmic, the two "copies" have subtle differences.

soarinsally is offline C-Ticket Holder

I love Fantasmic as well. However, they have not done away with Fantasmic in DL. It still shows nightly. World of Color is at DCA - it didn't replace anything there it was a new show. So even if they offered World of Color at WDW the 2 parks East and West Coast would still not be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by soarinsally View Post
    I love Fantasmic as well. However, they have not done away with Fantasmic in DL. It still shows nightly. World of Color is at DCA - it didn't replace anything there it was a new show. So even if they offered World of Color at WDW the 2 parks East and West Coast would still not be the same.
    Ah! Ok see I misunderstood it as being the replacement on the West. Thanks Sally!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast