Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New MAJOR entertainment coming to WDW in the News & Rumors forums; just work fully on epcot and forget the other parks , my opinion...
    WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: New MAJOR entertainment coming to WDW

just work fully on epcot and forget the other parks , my opinion
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Being excited about new entertainment in WDW is like being excited about getting new rims on this car.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Being excited about new entertainment in WDW is like being excited about getting new rims on this car.
    New entertainment for WDW is worth getting REALLY excited about!!! I personally love the entertainment already at WDW but i love to see new stuff to. I would especially love to see a new parade at the Magic Kingdom because it deserves something better than it has.

My analogy still stands. Fix all the things that need repairing before you add a parade.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

My analogy still stands. Fix all the things that need repairing before you add a parade.
    we might be here for a while then...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I want rides and proper maintenance! I couldn't care less about parades or firework shows.
    I have always thought the rides were very well taken care of. The only rides i have ever seen have problems are Its a Small World and The Great Movie Ride and the problems were only with the effects and such. I give WDW a lot of credit on how well the parks and rides are maintained.

I didn't mean ride maintenance, I meant maintenance around the park: In the 80's & 90's you couldn't find a surface that needed a fresh coat of paint...nothing was neglected. That's not the case anymore.

I didn't mean ride maintenance, I meant maintenance around the park: In the 80's & 90's you couldn't find a surface that needed a fresh coat of paint...nothing was neglected. That's not the case anymore.
    I understand what you are saying now. The first time i visited WDW was in 2000 so I never got to visit in the 80's or 90's. I think the only reason you see more neglected things now is that the resort is SO BIG (and constantly growing) that there is not enough maintenance people to keep up with the demand.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwilliams View Post
    I have recently read that Steve Davidson has 3 big projects for the next 18 months at WDW and at least two of them should be announced at the D23 expo. They include...

- Fantasmic! reboot with a new concept, scenes and effects (early summer 12)
    It needs an update. I bore with it and won't give that time to wait for it.
    - New "mega parade" at the Magic Kingdom called Festival of Fantasy (spring 12)
    They seem to change up parades more than anything. That is good.
    - Upgrade or replacement of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot (late 12/early 13)
    I've been going to EPCOT since it opened. Seen many versions. I've loved them all and like the variety.

I favor the attractions. Shows I can see a few times minus Illuminations that I never seem to bore with likely cause it isn't something I have to line up for. Parades have never been my thing and I can't stand the claustrophobic feeling watching them. I also become claustrophobic watching any version of the castle fireworks up close. To me, I am just as happy to look upward from the Ferry dock or the walkway from Space Mountain.

And I agree with Maintenance of the Parks, which it looks like they are trying to overcome. The parks did go through a long period where the bar slipped from the late 90's from paint to bushes to lawns. Attractions I've had my share of breakdowns. Space Mountain and Test Track come quickly to mind.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 08-07-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I've been going to EPCOT since it opened. Seen many versions. I've loved them all and like the variety.

I favor the attractions. Shows I can see a few times minus Illuminations that I never seem to bore with likely cause it isn't something I have to line up for. Parades have never been my thing and I can't stand the claustrophobic feeling watching them. I also become claustrophobic watching any version of the castle fireworks up close. To me, I am just as happy to look upward from the Ferry dock or the walkway from Space Mountain.

And I agree with Maintenance of the Parks, which it looks like they are trying to overcome. The parks did go through a long period where the bar slipped from the late 90's from paint to bushes to lawns. Attractions I've had my share of breakdowns. Space Mountain and Test Track come quickly to mind.
    personally i think this goes back to the latter part of the Eisner era... keep in mind that in the late 90's it was the creation of AK that took alot of time, money and man power to construct... in the early 2000's it was managements general hamster wheel progress... after Frank Wells passed away, through the Michael Ovitz debacle and eventually the Bob Iger promotion it seemed as though Disney upper management was not going anywhere... and personally i believe the parks and animation took the brunt of this... in the last few years (really since Iger finally got his feet under him) it seems the parks have really taken steps forward... though it seems like recently there are tarps up all over, and construction across the resort i think fans and tourists alike will see a cleaned up park in the near future...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1014 View Post
    just work fully on epcot and forget the other parks , my opinion

I think DAK needs some more stuff
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123