Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Epcot Pavillion?? in the News & Rumors forums; I hear Brazil, Spain, and Australia from time to time....
    NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: New Epcot Pavillion??

I hear Brazil, Spain, and Australia from time to time.

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Australia would be a great one although from a restaurant point of view would be difficult? Spain is a must, a nice tapas restaurant would go down very well.
    I always thought Norway was a strange choice-love the ride but very odd to pick that one.
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueenk View Post
    Australia would be a great one although from a restaurant point of view would be difficult? Spain is a must, a nice tapas restaurant would go down very well.
    I always thought Norway was a strange choice-love the ride but very odd to pick that one.
    We have plenty of food, that I think would go down nicely. We have world renound wines, and beers. I think an Australian one would be great...But, I could be a tad biased
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    We have plenty of food, that I think would go down nicely. We have world renound wines, and beers. I think an Australian one would be great...But, I could be a tad biased
    A good old barbie would be great and some kangaroo steaks, but may be a bit expensive for Disney to make any money on? Love Australian wine (i also may be biased as have a whole heap of family in Melbourne)...
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I think if they researched it enough, and it was done properly, it could work. Though, it does come down to want the public want.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Australia would be an awesome addition for sure
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I just realized...America is surrounded by the Axis countries...how strange.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The Brazil rumor got a huge boost when the Vinylmation Flags series was released - with the 11 countries of the Epcot World Showcase featured - and Brazil. And the poster for it showed them in WS order as well, with Brazil before Mexico.

However, it is thought that they were just catering to the massive Brazilian Tour Groups...

The Outpost area, which comprises locations 2 and 3, were originally planned for an Equatorial Africa pavilion - that was even announced on TV on the Epcot Opening special on WWOD. I think it would have taken both sectors. Later it was earmarked for the Russian pavilion, but that also never flew...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I am surprised that Russia hasn't really Pushed for a pavilion... Especially since the cold war ended... I mean originally it made sense... Now I feel like it makes little sense to have one of the more influential countries in the world not represented... Even though Americas relationship with them is always in flux it seems...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I am surprised that Russia hasn't really Pushed for a pavilion... Especially since the cold war ended... I mean originally it made sense... Now I feel like it makes little sense to have one of the more influential countries in the world not represented... Even though Americas relationship with them is always in flux it seems...
    Disney isn't likely to build it "just because" - there would have to be some corporate money coming in some fashion, and the Russian economy tanked pretty badly...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Disney isn't likely to build it "just because" - there would have to be some corporate money coming in some fashion, and the Russian economy tanked pretty badly...

But not every pavilion is funded by the country i think only one which is Morocco. So yes they would probably need a sponsor but it doesn't need to be the country.

Honestly i don't think that we will see anything until after Fantasyland is done. Then I think it will be nice to see something new around 2014ish maybe a Australia or Spain
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

In all sincereity, I think Epcots next pavillion could be just about any country in Good Standing, willing to fund the project.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    But not every pavilion is funded by the country i think only one which is Morocco. So yes they would probably need a sponsor but it doesn't need to be the country.
    I didn't say the country. I said corporate money, which was responsible for most of the pavilions.
    Doc

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

oh your right... im just surprised that some Russian corporation has not stepped forward in the last 20 years to show some sort of world cohesiveness by joining Disney's World Showcase (not that it means a whole lot on the world level) but just as a way to prove that there is no long standing bad blood... im sure there is a Russian corp. with the money to fund a pavilion... not to say that Disney would just put one there because it would be logical...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    In all sincereity, I think Epcots next pavillion could be just about any country in Good Standing, willing to fund the project.
    Agreed...and agreed more. My cousin and I were debating this while in Epcot...and at the least it would end up being another major country

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I just realized...America is surrounded by the Axis countries...how strange.
    I've noticed that, too...very strange

[QUOTE=doconeill;967359]The Brazil rumor got a huge boost when the Vinylmation Flags series was released - with the 11 countries of the Epcot World Showcase featured - and Brazil. And the poster for it showed them in WS order as well, with Brazil before Mexico.

However, it is thought that they were just catering to the massive Brazilian Tour Groups...
    /QUOTE]

And it still is the only country with a vinylmation not in Epcot...I mean it could still be a case of foreshadowing to the future, who knows...but I think it was just to appease all those Brazilian High School tour groups as well... just because

I didn't say the country. I said corporate money, which was responsible for most of the pavilions.
    I really don't think that Russia will end up being a country in Epcot any time soon because of that...I still think that the next country may end up being Spain, Australia, Brazil or...the darkhorse, Turkey, maybe? Just a thought
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast