Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Muppet Attraction for WDW? in the News & Rumors forums; Yeah the Kodak raising was still there when we saw it in July. The pre-show looks better. It's still exactly the same which is great because I think it's one ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: New Muppet Attraction for WDW?

Yeah the Kodak raising was still there when we saw it in July. The pre-show looks better. It's still exactly the same which is great because I think it's one of the best pre shows on property. But as far as a Muppet area, DHS is a mess. Pizza Planet needs to be moved to Pixar Place and the spot it vacates should be a Muppet themed restaurant.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Yeah the Kodak raising was still there when we saw it in July. The pre-show looks better. It's still exactly the same which is great because I think it's one of the best pre shows on property. But as far as a Muppet area, DHS is a mess. Pizza Planet needs to be moved to Pixar Place and the spot it vacates should be a Muppet themed restaurant.
    It's not so much the Kodak-raising as the "Up, Chuck" joke
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Oh the up chuck makes me laugh. In fact the whole thing is hilarious. C'mon, by the light of the silvery moon?? Rizzo as Mickey?? It's all GOLDEN!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I believe Chuck raising the Kodak sign is still in place. Crazy Disney and their subtle vomit humor. Makes me chuckle every time.
    chuck is still raising the sign on the preshow... i was able to get in early enough to see that...

now to the matter at hand... the rumor i keep hearing is that Disney is in a wait and see mode right now... they are holding until the film is released to see if there is really a muppet fan base in the present day... if there is they might add an attraction and such (which would mean goodbye to Pizza Planet) or they will just leave it the same if it proves that the muppets have come and gone...

heres to the film doing well... i would love to see a more muppet influence in the parks...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

So... a meet 'n' greet with the Muppets...

Speaking all hypothetical and whatnot, do you think it would be "man-size" Muppets, or will they have puppeteers and voice actors? I find the idea of a full-grown, non-speaking, person in a Kermit suit to be appalling, personally.

If we can dream it, we can do it

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    So... a meet 'n' greet with the Muppets...

Speaking all hypothetical and whatnot, do you think it would be "man-size" Muppets, or will they have puppeteers and voice actors? I find the idea of a full-grown, non-speaking, person in a Kermit suit to be appalling, personally.

I think in order for Disney to do it right, they need to have actual muppets who can talk and interact with the guests. The Muppets have such colorful personalities, and I think the slap stick humor would be enjoyable to watch.

...hope theres an Imagineer lurking in these pages...hellooooooooooo Mr. Imagineer, I'm talking to youuuuu!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

If it were just a meet and greet, they would likely be full-sized. However I could see a muppets segment going in at Playhouse Disney (or whatever it might be called now - haven't been in there in years).

They COULD do an interactive thing with puppets with some of the current technologies they are playing with (but never seem to fully utilize), but it would be complicated if they tried to use performers - I'd be afraid of the illusion being broken for kids.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Doc,

i like your idea with the interactive muppets... it could have a good ring to it... i also would not be against the past ideas for the old muppet studio area of the park (sans the muppet movie ride because i am unsure if it would be possible or relevant...) to be brought back into a possibility...

heres to Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would love a new Muppet attraction, but as rumors go, they are probably at some point based in truth (unless mentioned by a WDW bus driver - haha). I think that Disney has not really embraced the franchise since they purchased it. I'm glad for the new movie, but I'm surprised that they have not yet expanded to TV or the parks so far. I liked one of the original ideas, that Lou and Jim Korkis mentioned on the show, about the Muppet Restaurant. I hope the rumor is true!

Quote Originally Posted by bigthundermicky View Post
    I would love a new Muppet attraction, but as rumors go, they are probably at some point based in truth (unless mentioned by a WDW bus driver - haha). I think that Disney has not really embraced the franchise since they purchased it. I'm glad for the new movie, but I'm surprised that they have not yet expanded to TV or the parks so far. I liked one of the original ideas, that Lou and Jim Korkis mentioned on the show, about the Muppet Restaurant. I hope the rumor is true!
    Once again... Heres to Great Gonzos Pandemonium pizza Parlor...! That would be spectacular...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Oldkeywstdvcpj View Post
    Hi ya.

I dont know if this is true, but a friend of mine (Big Disney fan too), was saying that there might be a new Mupppets attraction coming to DHS?

Does anyone know anything about this or have heard rumors?

Any info would be great, thanks
    pat
    the more liely scenario would be a aredo of the 3d movie to use the new tech and movie
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

i dont see this film going anywhere... they just did a rehab... plus... keep in mind... this film is the last one that Jim Henson had a hand in before he died... i do think they have soft spot for it... as do most of us... i think if the film is successful... that area past Tattoine Traders might be re-themed to Muppet Studios as it was meant to be in the early 90's...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Deceased or not, it is time.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I love Dr. Honeydew and Beaker. Maybe some kind of small attraction with their lab would be fun. A walk through with all kinds of experiments going badly with Beaker getting the worst of it as usual. Or maybe something with the Swedish Chef. Another one of my faves.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That free-roaming audio-animatronic didn't last very long, sadly.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast