Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Big Thunder Mountain in the News & Rumors forums; Confirmed this rumor with my cousin who works in Frontierlnd last night...they are in fact closing down in Jan. to replace the track. It has not had any rehab done ...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Big Thunder Mountain

Confirmed this rumor with my cousin who works in Frontierlnd last night...they are in fact closing down in Jan. to replace the track. It has not had any rehab done to it since it opened, I guess it is time, but I am just confused how a mine train could have a "smooth" ride?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Thanks! Love it when people have sources.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The ride was very smooth when it first opened. It gave it a faster feel, though I'm not sure if it actually was faster. It has become an incredibly rough ride over the last decade or so.

I look forward to it returning to its "original" state.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I would love to see a nextgen queue here
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i hear that is the plan... they are probably going to have to redo the queue area completely... i find it odd that they will have alot closed in the beginning of the year... i feel bad for people going down in January and February...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    For all I care, the actual country of Canada could have a giant ugly tarp across it.

Don't be knockin' Canada, eh!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

ha HA! Great show.

If we can dream it, we can do it

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    ha HA! Great show.
    I discovered it in June and watched every episode on-line for free. It's hilarious.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i hear that is the plan... they are probably going to have to redo the queue area completely... i find it odd that they will have alot closed in the beginning of the year... i feel bad for people going down in January and February...

Either way, as long as they do something about that horrid queue...I don't care if they go interactive with it, just do something about all those switchbacks. They need to open it up somehow, too, because standing in that thing in the dead of Summer can be downright brutal.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Either way, as long as they do something about that horrid queue...I don't care if they go interactive with it, just do something about all those switchbacks. They need to open it up somehow, too, because standing in that thing in the dead of Summer can be downright brutal.
    A totally covered Peter Pan queue isn't much better. Not in terms of heats, but the endless turns and all... blech.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post

We are going the first week in March, which I do know is a popular time for refurb for Disney...do you know where I can find a list of what will be closed at that time?

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Hi DopeyDancer! I'm not sure if there's an easier way to view this, but I know that the park hours/updates page on Disney's official site has this info.

Parks Hours | Calendars | Walt Disney World Resort

Sorry, not sure how to post that as a hyperlink - maybe you can't do that in a quick reply? Anyhoo, it looks like, if something will be down for refurb, it shows up AFTER that park's operating hours for the time period you chose. Have a great trip!

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

OK, LOL. I did NOT hyperlink that manually - the site did it. WDW magic at work!?

Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    Hi DopeyDancer! I'm not sure if there's an easier way to view this, but I know that the park hours/updates page on Disney's official site has this info.

Parks Hours | Calendars | Walt Disney World Resort

Sorry, not sure how to post that as a hyperlink - maybe you can't do that in a quick reply? Anyhoo, it looks like, if something will be down for refurb, it shows up AFTER that park's operating hours for the time period you chose. Have a great trip!

Thank you! Looks like the only thing I need to worry about is Thunder since we don't plan on any water parks

*My Visits*

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

just be careful... sometimes they make last minute decisions... just keep up with checking that to make sure nothing goes down while you are there... i found out 2 weeks before i left a few years ago that TSM would be closed JUST the week i was there... it was annoying...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast