Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Big Thunder Mountain in the News & Rumors forums; Back in the good ol' days we lived 45 minutes down the road from the park and went only to find out that the Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, AND ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Big Thunder Mountain

Back in the good ol' days we lived 45 minutes down the road from the park and went only to find out that the Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, AND Pirates were closed for the day.

Which makes me wonder why we still refer to them as "the good ol' days".

Of course, back then your only info pertaining to park hours and events that day were when you tuned into the A.M. station on property. And closed attractions were only advertised after you walked through the gates.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... my second trip down in 94' this is what i found:

1. 20k closed (for good)
    2. SSE- closed for refurb
    3. IASM- closed for refurb
    4. Dumbo- closed for refurb
    5. Captain EO- closed (for good)
    6. Horizons- closed (ended up running seasonally for a few years)

gotta love it when half the resort is under refurbishment... if this was today i would be really ticked...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

rodtefel is offline A-Ticket holder

I just got back from my Memorial Weekend trip over to WDW. Im an Annual Passholder and go atleast once a month. I went two weeks ago and BTMR was still closed, but this past Saturday night my soon to be wife and I were coming into MK and noticed that BTMR was open. We rushed over there and were able to do the 30 minute line. We noticed that in the queue they had re painted the walls and added what seemed to be new floors. But now they added some boxes all around the lines. When it came time for the ride itself there were a few things that seemed new but it was at night and one couldnt really tell. I know for a fact that the first lift to the waterfall that turns off before you make that first drop did NOT have water. It seems like there are some little effects like that that were just turned off. Hopefully they did add some new little elements to the attraction and just havent "turned them on". As for the ride itself, it was fast and smooth and did have that classic "out of control" feel to it. Im going to have to come back and ride it during the day but all in all im just glad it open again! Its a classic!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by rodtefel View Post
    I just got back from my Memorial Weekend trip over to WDW. Im an Annual Passholder and go atleast once a month. I went two weeks ago and BTMR was still closed, but this past Saturday night my soon to be wife and I were coming into MK and noticed that BTMR was open. We rushed over there and were able to do the 30 minute line. We noticed that in the queue they had re painted the walls and added what seemed to be new floors. But now they added some boxes all around the lines. When it came time for the ride itself there were a few things that seemed new but it was at night and one couldnt really tell. I know for a fact that the first lift to the waterfall that turns off before you make that first drop did NOT have water. It seems like there are some little effects like that that were just turned off. Hopefully they did add some new little elements to the attraction and just havent "turned them on". As for the ride itself, it was fast and smooth and did have that classic "out of control" feel to it. Im going to have to come back and ride it during the day but all in all im just glad it open again! Its a classic!

i just rode BTMRR yesterday and LOVED it! It was my last ride of my WDW Radio 40 Hour trip...rode it with my daughter and some great friends!

The ride was so fun, I agree, not so much of a jerky feeling, much more smooth! Great refurb and worth the wait! Cant wait to see what the mystery boxes hold!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I missed it. It wasn't opened at all. Just a really overcrowded in that area as usual.

Corby is offline A-Ticket holder

Did they fix the mine cave in scene? I have really missed the "falling rocks" in that section. It was bad enough when they were just motionless, but it was even worse for a while when they had the tarps up in there. I guess we get so spoiled with the high level of detail in the attractions that we really miss some of the small things when they are gone!

We are looking forward to being on it soon. Any other comments about the current condition or changes?

BTMR is always a favorite with my family and has special memories since it convinced my wife that she could ride roller coasters. It is even know one of her most favorite attractions, probably second after Soarin'.

Me DW DS(13) DD(11)

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The cave in scene is permanently stationary. Here's a really nice vid of the ride since it re-opened.

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9489

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Corby View Post

We are looking forward to being on it soon. Any other comments about the current condition or changes?.
    Just leave yourself some wiggle room to fit BTM in or FP it for some added protection. They are still having some operation problems with BTM and keeping her up and running. Though it isn't down nearly as long as Space has been. If you have a FP for while it shut down the CM's have been letting the guests enter at a different time, again IF the FP is in the window of a breakdown.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

The refurbished ride is alot better. Seems longer ride and aloth smoother. The Que has more fans so its not real bad.

Looks like the queue is a little more open as well. Was that what you saw?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Air conditioning was added in lower area and duct work is in place for some areas of queue.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

The que was alot more open.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

They definitely reworked the queue fences...they are definitely different. And we encountered a CM who apparently hasn't worked the queue much since the refurb, and was quite puzzled as to how it was organized if it needed to be expanded.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

That's all good news. The biggest issue with the old queue was how tightly packed they had you in there. It could get downright suffocating during the hotter months.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    They definitely reworked the queue fences...they are definitely different. And we encountered a CM who apparently hasn't worked the queue much since the refurb, and was quite puzzled as to how it was organized if it needed to be expanded.
    So employee training continues to be a concern.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123