Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks in the News & Rumors forums; I would hope if Disney was thinking ahead, they should already have ideas well into the works, one would hope....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks

I would hope if Disney was thinking ahead, they should already have ideas well into the works, one would hope.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

One would... I hope they did... Unfortunately I am not optimistic...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm hoping with their recent management changes that Disney will get back on track. They use to have things more in sync.

I can have day dreams right?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Absolutely... I am going to hold judgement... It certainly would be an interesting project if they were to take it on wouldn't it...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Did the muppets make another movie?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

After seeing the movie a second time, with significantly less people in the audience, I thought one of the most tasteless things they did in the movie was have their own Disney Channel star, Selena Gomez, say "I don't even know who you are, my agent just told me to show up."
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    After seeing the movie a second time, with significantly less people in the audience, I thought one of the most tasteless things they did in the movie was have their own Disney Channel star, Selena Gomez, say "I don't even know who you are, my agent just told me to show up."
    I actually thought the part with Selena Gomez was perfect. It shows how little she knows of the rich history of Jim Henson and Disney, and how little an impact her shows/music means to real Disney fans. We don't want the Disney Channel trash, we want what mad Disney successful to begin with.

And A Muppets Studios area in the DHS would be great. Nothing too big, but just a small area that could hold the mischief and comedy of the Muppets. Update the show, meet in greet in Kermit's Office, Swedish Chef restauraunt, Electirc Mayhem concert or something, plenty of room to be creative

Lastly, the Muppet Show needs to come back on television
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    I actually thought the part with Selena Gomez was perfect. It shows how little she knows of the rich history of Jim Henson and Disney, and how little an impact her shows/music means to real Disney fans. We don't want the Disney Channel trash, we want what mad Disney successful to begin with.

And A Muppets Studios area in the DHS would be great. Nothing too big, but just a small area that could hold the mischief and comedy of the Muppets. Update the show, meet in greet in Kermit's Office, Swedish Chef restauraunt, Electirc Mayhem concert or something, plenty of room to be creative

Lastly, the Muppet Show needs to come back on television
    Im with ya on all of it... Sounds fantastic... Just something to let us Muppet fans know that we are heard and that the muppets are still relevant... I think $75 million box office has proven that point conclusively...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Two thoughts

1. Didn't Jason Segal say somewhere he might be doing something for an updated attraction

2. I really liked the Muppets and it made money but it was hardly a smash hit. Enchanted, for example, did significantly better. So did the Game Plan for that matter
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    Two thoughts

1. Didn't Jason Segal say somewhere he might be doing something for an updated attraction

2. I really liked the Muppets and it made money but it was hardly a smash hit. Enchanted, for example, did significantly better. So did the Game Plan for that matter
    Those two movies may have made more money, but let's be honest they were pretty terrible. Enchanted was alright considering it was just poking fun at princess stories anyways, but the Gameplan was absolutely horrible. The Muppets on the other hand have the potential to be incorporated into the parks more and have more of a passionate fan base that would love to see The Muppet Show on ABC and more attractions in DHS. You can't make a ride about Enchanted or the Gameplan...
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Those two movies may have made more money, but let's be honest they were pretty terrible. Enchanted was alright considering it was just poking fun at princess stories anyways, but the Gameplan was absolutely horrible. The Muppets on the other hand have the potential to be incorporated into the parks more and have more of a passionate fan base that would love to see The Muppet Show on ABC and more attractions in DHS. You can't make a ride about Enchanted or the Gameplan...
    I didn't like them, and I don't know anyone who did, but I'm not sure I would call them terrible. The Game Plan was a movie made with very specific demographics in mind. Little kids were going to lose their minds and harass their parents to see it, and mom's get the eye-candy with Dwayne Johnson. Enchanted was what it was, a princess movie for little girls with a live action, satirical twist.

But yes, The Muppets was a much better reviewed and received film and there are simply so many more possibilities with that franchise. They can be appealing to both young and old, men and women, and they're a bona fide brand. I could see myself eating at a Muppets themed restaurant, shopping in a Muppets themed shop or riding a Muppets ride, but it would be a pretty obnoxious stretch to try and do anything similar with The Game Plan.

i think it is time that the muppets get reincorporated into the parks... that area around pizza planet needs an update... just doesn't work anymore...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I guess the answer to your question, Joe, is "No". Disney had a chance to strike while the iron was (allegedly) hot, and they opted to let it go. A bit of a bump in merchandise, but primarly all within the Muppet Labs store, where it was already overblown anyway. Oh well. Sorry Segal.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would love to see a Muppet studios somewhere in DHS. However, in spite of the great reviews, as someone else already mentioned, it really didn't make that much money. Profitable, yes, but not really a blockbuster. None of my friends saw it. I could be wrong, but my guess is while Imagineers might be doing some blue sky work, they're gonna wait to see how many people actually see the movie on DVD/BluRay before they move forward with anything significant for the parks.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I was merely pointing out that the Muppets was hardly a smash hit
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast