Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by weepstah Question - would the Muppets continue to be mostly limited to HS, or do you see their influence expanding to other areas of the resort? I ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks

Quote Originally Posted by weepstah View Post
    Question - would the Muppets continue to be mostly limited to HS, or do you see their influence expanding to other areas of the resort?
    I think they work the best at HS, the Muppets have always been about the show biz. I don't think they would transpose into the other parks very well without bringing at least a little of that aspect with them, and I'm not sure how well that theme would really fit into other parks.

Outside of the parks, they might fit into some of the value resorts pretty nicely. They might work in Downtown Disney but I feel like HS needs them more than any other place on property, and I'm not sure what they could put in Downtown Disney that wouldn't work better at HS.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I dunno... Maybe a resort hotel possibly (though I'm not sure which one)... I cannot see them in another park though... They just dont seem as though they would fit... Plus they could just re-theme the area around Muppetvision and make it a Muppet Studios type land... That would eliminate needing to add it anywhere else in the resort...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    I don't see a Muppets Rollercoaster coming anytime soon. I feel like we would be more likely to see a Monsters Inc. coaster first (involving the door sequence). But an interactive show would be good
    To be honest, I don't see a coaster coming either, but I know there was talk about it a few years ago, (back when this was disneyworldtrivia.com)... A Monsters Inc. coaster would be wild...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

That has been. The rumor for quite a while... Not sure is it will ever happen though...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    To be honest, I don't see a coaster coming either, but I know there was talk about it a few years ago, (back when this was disneyworldtrivia.com)... A Monsters Inc. coaster would be wild...
    Even though it was a dreadful movie, I'm surprised they never did a coaster/thrill ride with The Incredibles. They keep throwing the walk-around characters inside the Animation building, even after all these years.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

The Incredibles was awesome. What DO you like?

The Incredibles was too long. It felt like it could (should?) have just ended in several spots, but it just kept going on and on and on. And the non-action parts really tended to drag. I half think Brad Bird created that film just so he could do the Edna Mode voice. And when it comes down to it, didn't he really just borrow aspects of The Iron Giant anyway?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I dunno if anyone else listens to the Mousterpiece Cinema podcasts, but their Brave Little Toaster segment really pointed out that several key ideas used in the Toy Story trilogy were first tried out in the Brave Little Toaster - and in fact that movie laid the groundwork for Pixar itself.The Iron Giant had a role in there as well, but I need to do more research. I liked the Incredibles alot although I can see where it could have been tightened up in a couple of spots. I have a weakness for the Baby Jac-Jac scene at the end, it always cracks me up.

I think that retheming that area of HS to Muppet Studios might work - maybe you could rework the HISTA playground, Sounds Dangerous and the studio catering company to fit the theme?

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I think that retheming that area of HS to Muppet Studios might work - maybe you could rework the HISTA playground, Sounds Dangerous and the studio catering company to fit the theme?
    I have so much love in my heart for the playground, but it's probably time to go. I doubt many of the children the area is designed for have any clue what Honey, I Shrunk The Kids is. And if Sounds Dangerous turned into a gift shop it would be an improvement.

I dunno if anyone else listens to the Mousterpiece Cinema podcasts, but their Brave Little Toaster segment really pointed out that several key ideas used in the Toy Story trilogy were first tried out in the Brave Little Toaster - and in fact that movie laid the groundwork for Pixar itself.The Iron Giant had a role in there as well, but I need to do more research. I liked the Incredibles alot although I can see where it could have been tightened up in a couple of spots. I have a weakness for the Baby Jac-Jac scene at the end, it always cracks me up.
    Iron Giant was Brad Bird's movie, so there's your Pixar connection.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I have so much love in my heart for the playground, but it's probably time to go. I doubt many of the children the area is designed for have any clue what Honey, I Shrunk The Kids is. And if Sounds Dangerous turned into a gift shop it would be an improvement.
    Sounds Dangerous could be turned into an abandoned area and it woud be an improvement. Wait, that makes it sounds as if Sounds Dangerous is ever populated. I should rephrase that.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Even though it was a dreadful movie, I'm surprised they never did a coaster/thrill ride with The Incredibles. They keep throwing the walk-around characters inside the Animation building, even after all these years.

I agree with that... and they also have a ton of Incredibles merchandise in all the stores... whether the movie was liked or not, it resonates with kids and it's a pretty powerful brand.. I would have expected at least a medium-level attraction with them, if not a full-blown coaster...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234