Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks in the News & Rumors forums; i have been wondering aloud about the future of the Muppet franchise, and their future within the parks... with the Muppet area near Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose seeming as ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks

i have been wondering aloud about the future of the Muppet franchise, and their future within the parks...

with the Muppet area near Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose seeming as though it needs a facelift, and the film having grossed over $60 million since Thanksgiving, what are any thoughts on the parks receiving a Muppet overhaul...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MrCottonsParrot is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Will the Success of "The Muppets" yield anything in the parks

I certainly hope it does. On a related note, I was struck by the relative lack of Muppets merchandise when I was there this weekend.Hope that's not a bigger Sign of things.
    Too many trips 'home' to list here
    DCL veteran of three trips
    DVC member since 2005
    Contributing writer for Celebrations magazine
    my blog - myhiddendisney.blogspot.com

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I don't think anything will change. There's people that adore the Muppets and there's people that can't stand the Muppets. If, say, the MuppetVision 4D film was changed, the people that don't like the Muppets still won't care and the people that adore the Muppets will be up in arms that it was changed.

Also as of late, it seems as if something (franchise, movie, what-have-you) isn't within Disney's NextGen or 10-year sights, they want nothing to do with it. It's almost as if we're being force-fed things that we don't necessarily want because Disney says we'll like it.

THIS IS NOT A CYNICAL APPROACH

I've heard a couple people speculate that the movie could spark a resurgence of a Muppet Show on television again. I just don't think that's the case unfortunately. I think it would be worth a shot for Disney to do that on ABC though. Nobody except a couple shows on Fox and a couple shows on NBC has any good prime time programming. The Office is almost over and when that's gone, there's going to be a huge void.

I actually think it would be in the Jim Henson Company's best interest to break off from Disney if possible.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

It would be nice if it did, I know people do not necessarily go to DHS because they "have" to see the Muppet movie...they just happen to see it because it is in the same park as other things that draw them there. However, it would be nice to see something else done with the Muppets - maybe not another ride, but something. I know someone had mentioned an interactive meet and greet somewhere on this forum awhile back, and I think something like that with all their slap stick humor and spontaneity would be fun to see. Sadly, I doubt we'll see anything else done with them anytime soon, maybe just more merchandise in their shop eventually.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Jason Segel is going to have to call California every day to get someone to do anything with the franchise before Disney re-packs the puppets in mothballs again.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I don't think anything will change. There's people that adore the Muppets and there's people that can't stand the Muppets. If, say, the MuppetVision 4D film was changed, the people that don't like the Muppets still won't care and the people that adore the Muppets will be up in arms that it was changed.
    And I am a Muppet fan. I think 4D needs a new show, IF Disney did, it would have to be equal or better. They butcher it like Figment, yep I'll be up in arms.

It's almost as if we're being force-fed things that we don't necessarily want because Disney says we'll like it.
    Can you say Duffy???
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;986289]
    And I am a Muppet fan. I think 4D needs a new show, IF Disney did, it would have to be equal or better. They butcher it like Figment, yep I'll be up in arms.
    I'm torn on if whether or not I'd want a new show. I think it will be butchered so I'd rather just keep it as it is even though it may be a bit dated. May be dated, but still enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Can you say Duffy???
    Personally, I think the Parks management staff needs to all be fired. They haven't done that much and it seems they're breaking more than fixing.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

See and I'm in the belief that if the film exceeds expectations (which it seems to have already) we might see Gonzos Pandemonium Pizza Parlor where Mama Melrose is located and something in Pizza Planet... I just think that there is a void in that area of DHS... Maybe the Muppets could help fill that void...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I would like seeing their role expanded at the Studios where they have their own "land" like Pixar and Star Wars.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i have been wondering aloud about the future of the Muppet franchise, and their future within the parks...

with the Muppet area near Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose seeming as though it needs a facelift, and the film having grossed over $60 million since Thanksgiving, what are any thoughts on the parks receiving a Muppet overhaul...?
    Would like the current attraction to be left alone (I know, I know...I must keep moving forward) but would really love a Muppet themed dining area....and more merch please!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I would like seeing their role expanded at the Studios where they have their own "land" like Pixar and Star Wars.
    That's what I'm thinking... Maybe to begin just past Star Tours... Near the courtyard by Miss Piggy's statue...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

DHS has some room to give for expansion. I feel like if they were going to do something major it should already be in construction to keep with the timeliness of the movie.

But it would be cool to see some type of small land or themed area, because...it does fit with the movies theme.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

I'm hoping that the film is a beginning of the Muppet resurgence... That is what I'm hoping the film was created for... A gauge of the Muppet relevance and popularity in this generation...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

With the expansion of Fantasy Land in MK and the addition of Avatar in AK, DHS will need some sort of grand addition to help it keep up. Of course they could do a Star Wars land and it would be wonderful and everyone would love it, but in reality, we most likely won't be getting any more main installments of that series. They could continue to Pixar-fy the park, but to me that wouldn't go well with the "Hollywood" theme.

With the younger generations being introduced and loving the Muppets and their established legion of fans, it seems pretty logical to give Muppet fans a destination and a gate buster for DHS.

Muppet Land > Pandora

Does anyone think the plot line of the film clearly fits what should be done by the Disney Company...?

Bring the Muppet Show back... And maybe restore what was (or should have been)

I say Muppet Studios in DHS by 2014...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast