Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Special Disney World fireworks show Thursday at Hollywood Studios, rumors suggest Oba in the News & Rumors forums; This Obama rumor is just wacky enough to be true. Can't ever remember cancelling an EMH at the MK a week and half out. Then Disney to offer EMH at ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Special Disney World fireworks show Thursday at Hollywood Studios, rumors suggest Oba

This Obama rumor is just wacky enough to be true. Can't ever remember cancelling an EMH at the MK a week and half out. Then Disney to offer EMH at the three other parks and a rare fireworks display at DHS. This taking place on a Thursday evening in the middle of a value season.

Special Disney World fireworks show Thursday at Hollywood Studios, rumors suggest Obama visit to Orlando as reason | Inside the Magic
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-16-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: inside fixed the typo
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Special Disney World fireworks show Thursday at Hollywood Studios, rumors suggest

Curiousier and curiouser.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Special Disney World fireworks show Thursday at Hollywood Studios, rumors suggest

Wait. The president is going to be on vacation... again???? Yeah, that certainly sounds like him.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Wait. The president is going to be on vacation... again???? Yeah, that certainly sounds like him.
    you can say that again...... and again and again and again

They are speculating the First Lady, daughters and boat load of security with staff.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

He's been following Bush's lead ever since he took office.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    He's been following Bush's lead ever since he took office.
    I just don't understand how he overtook Bush's eight-year vacation count in just four years.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I don't, either. Especially since he hasn't.

"So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch."

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

Nobody is indicating the President will be there. Family.

I'd be at one of the 3 other parks, can't imagine the MK would be fun for anyone beyond the first family.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Nobody is indicating the President will be there. Family.
    What do you mean? It was already indicated eight hours ago:

President Obama confirmed to visit Walt Disney World on Thursday to discuss economy, tourism | Inside the Magic

All Ears Is Reporting:

NEWS BITES
    President Barack Obama will visit Walt Disney World during a planned trip to Orlando this coming Thursday, January 19. There, he will give a speech and "unveil a strategy that will significantly help boost tourism and travel." Disney is planning heavy security around the Magic Kingdom and has imposed parking restrictions at the Contemporary Resort. Main Street, U.S.A. will be closed to guest traffic from park opening to late afternoon. When you arrive at the Magic Kingdom Main Entrance, you will be directed via an alternate route to other areas of Magic Kingdom. The Pirates League, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop, Crystal Palace, and Cinderella’s Royal Table will all be open and honoring reservations, but allow extra time to reach these locations due to expected foot and vehicle traffic. If you have reservations for a tour or at the Plaza Restaurant for that day, you will be contacted with instructions on how to proceed. In addition, Walt Disney World theme park hours for January 19 have been significantly changed as follows:
    -- The Magic Kingdom will not have Extra Magic Hours as originally scheduled. Instead, park hours will be 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. The afternoon parade will be at 3:30 p.m., the Main Street Electrical Parade at 7 p.m. and Wishes at 8 p.m.
    -- Disney's Animal Kingdom will have morning Extra Magic Hour from 8 to 9 a.m. Park hours will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    -- Epcot will have evening Extra Magic Hours, from 9 p.m. until midnight. Regular park hours will be 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
    -- Disney's Hollywood Studios will be open 9 a.m. until 7 p.m., and will host a special fireworks presentation called "Rock the Night!" at 7 p.m. Extra Magic Hours will be held afterward from 7 to 10 p.m.

If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel this week, you can find additional updates on Channel 19 of your resort TV.

Last edited by supernova; 01-18-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Dear Lord, please, do not let my head explode as I face another 60 hour workweek, and wonder why my health insurance went up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

At least we know which ride he'll be heading to first.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Less vacation days than your heroes, yet you still push this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast