Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new enforcement of fastpass in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by doconeill They are REALLY trying to cut down on the people who book multiple ADRs in different locations just so they have an option for wherever they ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: new enforcement of fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    They are REALLY trying to cut down on the people who book multiple ADRs in different locations just so they have an option for wherever they happen to be that day. It was a fairly well known tactic.
    As I understand it their system won't allow this anymore. Period. I suppose you could book under different names with different cards, but aside from that...

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    As I understand it their system won't allow this anymore. Period. I suppose you could book under different names with different cards, but aside from that...
    That would probably work... The only issue with the ADR's I have is this... I had an ADR at Via Napoli last year... We were at MGM and were going to take the water taxi across at noon... There was a lightning storm that shut down the taxis and by the time we realized we wouldn't get there and would need the bus it was 1:00 and we had 1:30 reservations... Though it could have been avoided if I would have taken the weather I to account (though it is tough in Florida in August) I was able to cancel my ADR at guest services... I'm sure they will be understanding in extenuating circumstances... But this was an odd isolated incident... I think they are trying to fix the problems of the "blow-offs"... Coming home to $50 in charges for blowing off a few reservations will make people think twice the next trip...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I think the restrictions as implemented may only apply to ADRs booked with a reservation number...I'm not sure it's linked by name or card. Unless they've added restrictions since the system update that allowed online booking.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I haven't used it since the update. Well, once at the resort and guest services took care of it for us since I wasn't paying for internet service just for that.

But, from what I've heard the new system does have some kind of fail safe involved that can spot multiple ADRs. I don't know if it only applies to those with a reservation number or not...

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

How has all this talk about ADR's get into enforcement of fastpasses

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I guess they couldn't do it for each party, unless you are a party of six and are making two different 3-person reservations or something like that. Not every party is going to want to eat every meal together, so it's feasible that a group could need more than one reservation for a particular time. But not two four-person reservations for a party of four.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's no easy task. Unless you're a party of two with three different ADRs for lunch on the same day. That kind of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    Not sure, really. But, veering off topic is what makes the intertubes such a fun place to hang out.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I think the ADR discussion came about because we were talking about the Fastpass reservation system, and there was some analogy somewhere - and suddenly we were talking about double booking ADRs
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Yeah I take blame for it since I related ADR's to Fastpasses and returning ontime for both. Kind of like my term paper in Political Science arguing the similarities between NAFTA & The European Union which wasn't nearly as enjoyable a read as Disney topics are.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    It was a streamline transition. First came the ADR's changes and now the FP. Ultimately discussing the XPass which some in theory believe there is the possibility of merging many forms including these two into a pre-arrival reservation system for your entire vacation. Refilling your souvenir cup included.

Hope that caught you up.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

It just seems like a similar conversation to all of us... Has the same issue because the same people might be guilty of both showing up hours late for fastpass and blowing off ADR's... Just a thought...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i think the whole dining issue is for people who make reservations and simply blow it off... thats where it becomes a problem... i would wonder how many times a day a random restaurant at WDW has a missed res... we know they want you to cancel a day in advance, but i would bet if you called a few hours ahead and told them you wouldn't be able to make it, they probably wouldn't crucify you for it... as for the FP mike i am with you... it used to get me every time i would go on an attraction and see people with FP's from 4 hours ago... i get the idea that people don't want to be "structured" but honestly... if you have a FP for Space in an hour, stay near Tomorrowland... if not... just forget it... thats what i think Disney is saying now...
    For the ressies, there's a reason Disney is now charging you $10 if you are a no-show for your reservation. (for the nice restaurants at least).

And the fastpasses, I have always tried my best to be there during the alotted times. There have been times that I have been like 45 minutes late due to a line I was in that was longer than was posted. Overall, I think the enforcement will work because even with fastpass, at certain times during the day, the fastpass line is ridiculous because they're cashing them in from hours before. It will help truly determine the wait times, I feel.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

It's $100 a head if you no call/no show at the Chef's table at Citrico's.

Yeh that'd really make you rethink the whole blowing off idea... Might as well eat there... It's $100 no matter what...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast