Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new enforcement of fastpass in the News & Rumors forums; i am happy that FP will be enforced, it was nice to have a relaxed time to come back but the way it was designed is the way it needs ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: new enforcement of fastpass

i am happy that FP will be enforced, it was nice to have a relaxed time to come back but the way it was designed is the way it needs to be.

and i always tried to make it back within the time on my fp.

i wonder how this will affect TSMM since now people dont have to storm the machines at 9am to get a fp for 8pm! maybe the standby line will move more easily now, we shall see when i go down in may.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    It's $100 a head if you no call/no show at the Chef's table at Citrico's.
    I think it is similar for the chef's table at V&A. They are unique experiences, only one per day (and I don't know if they are even available every day) - stands to reason they'd penalize you if you blow it off. Still, the meals cost a lot more than $100...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    i am happy that FP will be enforced, it was nice to have a relaxed time to come back but the way it was designed is the way it needs to be.

and i always tried to make it back within the time on my fp.

i wonder how this will affect TSMM since now people dont have to storm the machines at 9am to get a fp for 8pm! maybe the standby line will move more easily now, we shall see when i go down in may.
    Short term, I don't think it will affect it at all. The storm will still be there. Anyone choosing not to get a FP now to use later will be taken up by someone else. Those who would have taken to use late will just wait longer to get their FPs.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I think it is similar for the chef's table at V&A. They are unique experiences, only one per day (and I don't know if they are even available every day) - stands to reason they'd penalize you if you blow it off. Still, the meals cost a lot more than $100...
    I didn't realize they had one at V & A's.

And yes, the meals cost more, but let's say you've (meaning YOU) made reservations for 8. I certainly wouldn't want to be part of the conversation you'd have to have with the other 7 from your intended party while trying to get your money back.

That said, I'd seriously doubt somebody going through the trouble of booking something like that simply wouldn't show. It's one thing to blow off lunch at the Rose & Crown...

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

We actually had an instance ,just this past week, while at Disney that made me wonder what would Disney do in this circumstance for Fastpass and ADR's. We had an ADR for Biergarten at 1:15 (which was booked before they started taking credit cards for ADR's thank goodness) but we were transferring from Hollywood Studios to EPCOT via the boat and apparently there was a mishap somewhere on the water and all boats were called into the nearest dock and to stay put until further notice. Needless to say this left us stranded at the Boardwalk dock for at least 45 minutes.

Now we left HS by 12:00 that would have normally given us plenty of time to get over to EPCOT for our ADR but instead we ended up being about 30 minutes late. Now had we fallen under the new Fast Pass enforcement and had a return time but was late with circumstances beyond our control would we have been denied our Fast Pass entry? What about the ADR? Even though we made it but was 30 minutes late would we still have been charged for not making our time? Should be interesting how Disney will handle these types of situations.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I feel like for the Fastpass you might have been out of luck, but in regards to the ADR's they have to realize that in extenuating circumstances they should be a bit more understanding...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

As I understand it there will still be exceptions to the enforcement, but what those are are not (yet) public. What is "acceptable" or not is the question, and who makes that decision? I believe that's part of the reason why the allowed it in the first place - so no one has to deem what is acceptable.
    Doc

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder

I feel the fastpass would be out of luck but not the ADR.

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Someone needs to kick carpinteyromvz off the forms, this is not a place to sell your stuff.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

looks like they have done that...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

There shouldn't be any comparison between missed dinner reservations and missed Fast Pass times. Not missing a meal is more important that missing a silly ride.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345