Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss A Few Rumors and Fun Facts I learned on Trip Last Week 2/26-3/3/2012 in the News & Rumors forums; wow not sure why I am posting on this. Everyone already squashed the rumors. All I have to say is why do you waste your time posting these known lies. ...
    Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: A Few Rumors and Fun Facts I learned on Trip Last Week 2/26-3/3/2012

wow not sure why I am posting on this. Everyone already squashed the rumors. All I have to say is why do you waste your time posting these known lies. I mean really, not a single on of those rumors are even remotely plausible.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    wow not sure why I am posting on this. Everyone already squashed the rumors. All I have to say is why do you waste your time posting these known lies. I mean really, not a single on of those rumors are even remotely plausible.
    While I can't speak for DopeyDancer but I think WDW NC Daddy said it best, it is entertaining to hear some of the wild rumors and I can get off my high horse long enough to give kudos for her humorous post. I've heard my share of rumors over the decades. Some unbelievable have come true. The vast majority have not. Who would have thought that Disney after spending all that money on the Disney Institute would raze it? A bus driver told me that. Guess what, they did. Who would have thought Disney would halt Hyperion and after crashing so many buildings would just halt. Who would have thought Disney would let Phase Two of Pop sit and rot like Disney did? All the start up and fizzles that went with that one. Who wasn't surprised it actually went off the last time?

I for one was able to get DopeyDancers post of humor. It is fun to be entertained and just lol every once in a while rather than always berate our fellow members. But some enjoy berating and that isn't entertaining.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Ill have to ask my friend who just got a full time job down there to see whats going on
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The problem is that although the post may have been intended to just be humorous, there was no direct indication of that fact, and thus some will read it and believe it and start running around going "Oh Noes! They are closing down my favorite attraction to make way for a Starbucks!"

Which is why I simply addressed the ones that needed addressing, and certainly hope it didn't come across as berating.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Exactly. And then to lie and say that you got all of this erroneous information from Disney employees, well that's just silly.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I heard that Main Street USA is going to be totally enclosed and turned into a Walmart.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I heard that Main Street USA is going to be totally enclosed and turned into a Walmart.
    Nope.

SuperWalmart. They don't build the small ones any more.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Oh No. Another member spreading vicious lies. Don't you know that our membership is so gullible that they are going to believe that. For shame. Now by tonightTwitter will overloaded with posts of Walmart on Main Street.

But wait...I can't tell, are you being serious? I have a relative that works at WDW, I'm going to give him a call and get to the bottom of this............

Hold tight, we are in limbo here awaiting confirmation as there isn't any indication from your post if you are serious or not.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

With the absence of individual enclosed shops, and the Emporium becoming one giant walk-through t-shirt shop, how is it NOT already a Walmart?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh No. Another member spreading vicious lies. Don't you know that our membership is so gullible that they are going to believe that. For shame. Now by tonightTwitter will overloaded with posts of Walmart on Main Street.

But wait...I can't tell, are you being serious? I have a relative that works at WDW, I'm going to give him a call and get to the bottom of this............

Hold tight, we are in limbo here awaiting confirmation as there isn't any indication from your post if you are serious or not.
    I really don't know what problem you have with my posts lately. But apparently you have this belief that you are part of some small exclusive "membership" that reads this site and consists only of those who know everything that really goes on at WDW. Hate to tell you this, but the site is public, and can be read by anyone looking for information and could do a google search, come a cross that first post, and believe what is said.
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Nope. SuperWalmart. They don't build the small ones any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh No. Another member spreading vicious lies. Don't you know that our membership is so gullible that they are going to believe that. For shame. Now by tonightTwitter will overloaded with posts of Walmart on Main Street. But wait...I can't tell, are you being serious? I have a relative that works at WDW, I'm going to give him a call and get to the bottom of this............ Hold tight, we are in limbo here awaiting confirmation as there isn't any indication from your post if you are serious or not.
    See, now I'm confused. Would this news item be filed under rumor or fun fact? I just can't decide!!

Then again, around here, that line is often blurred.
    Last edited by supernova; 03-14-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Jim Hill told me so it must be true.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Yes, but who told Jim Hill?

Jim is an INSIDER. This means he is INSIDE when the grown-ups talk. He listens to what they say and writes it down in his little notebook. Then he goes to his house and tries to decipher his writing. He posts what he thinks he wrote on his website. Sometimes he even gets it right!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I really don't know what problem you have with my posts lately. But apparently you have this belief that you are part of some small exclusive "membership" that reads this site and consists only of those who know everything that really goes on at WDW
    You have much knowledge.

Thank you for phrasing it in that very respectful manner.

Problem with your posts lately?

Given the above post, I don't even know how to respond to that...but it is kinda self-explanatory.

Hate to tell you this, but the site is public, and can be read by anyone looking for information and could do a google search, come a cross that first post, and believe what is said.

Insightful.

So what I have learned from one post today:

The sight is public. News flash.
    It can be read by anyone looking for information. Who would have known?
    And a Google search could result in a user receiving false information and believing it. Say it isn't so!

And I wasted years of my life pursuing a business degree when I could have just read this wonderfully brilliant, educational post. You should teach.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast