Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss A Few Rumors and Fun Facts I learned on Trip Last Week 2/26-3/3/2012 in the News & Rumors forums; Hello everyone! Instead of posting a full trip report, I figured I'd just get right to the juicy stuff. Here are some things I heard from CMs around the parks: ...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

A Few Rumors and Fun Facts I learned on Trip Last Week 2/26-3/3/2012

Hello everyone!

Instead of posting a full trip report, I figured I'd just get right to the juicy stuff. Here are some things I heard from CMs around the parks:

- EPCOT: Yes, Brazil is being added to World Showcase and no, no one is happy about it. However, whats more upsetting is they aren't just "adding" a country, they are taking out either China or Japan as a result. The rumor is it'll be Japan because China is more popular, but I can't see Disney getting rid of either one of these for political reasons. What do you think?

- Fantasyland Expansion: Snow White's Scary Adventures is NOT being replaced by a princess Meet & Greet since there will already be one in Belle's cottage and Rupunzel's new Meet & Greet where the old Fantasyland skyway loading dock used to be. Instead, CMs have heard they will be putting in a Bambi themed ride instead. Personally, I hope this is true! MK doesn't need anymore meet & greets in my opinion.

- There is also a rumor that they may expand the Haunted Mansion into the area where Fantasyland's Loading Dock used to be (share that land with Rupunzel M&G)...as a group, we didn't think this was a logically thought out rumor.

- Dumbo is extremely close to Grand Prix Raceway, and as far as CMs are aware, there aren't any plans to separate the two lands, at least in the short term.

The expansion itself is coming out beautifully! The finished product is going to be incredible
    - Did you know that Madame Leona in the Haunted Mansion is surrounded by intruder sensors? If and when they go off, Madame Leona and her crystal ball immediately get pulled up into the ceiling behind a trap door so no one can take off with it. Madame Leona's crystal ball is worth thousands of dollars, Disney doesn't want anyone walking off with it.

- BTMR is still closed (as you already knew). You can see part of the construction from TSI. The new track looks very similar if not exactly like the one used for Space Mountain (black with a curve to the inside). Currently, they are working in the area around the outer loop that takes you over the river and into the tunnel. I have pictures, but this site isn't letting me load anything!

- Hyperion Wharf is still on hold...two buildings have been demolished in Pleasure Island, then they halted the project indefinitely until Imagineers can work a few kinks out of their original plans. This has been suspended for about a year now. Among the bars that were knocked down was the Adventurer's Club.

- Did you know that Johnny Depp occasionally drops by and plays Captain Jack Sparrow at the show outside of PoTC? The guests never know, but the CMs do! For all you know, you may have been standing 10 feet from Johnny Depp and didn't know it!

- Last but not least! 5TH GATE! Rumor is it'll be one of two things...
    1. Vault Disney and a Villians Land - a park dedicated to all things Villain on one side and the other will be ALL attractions that have been done away with over the years.
    2. Villains/Marvel Superheroes Themed Park - This sounds more logical to me.
    They are clearing land behind Cast Member's Parking at MK, though no one knows for sure if that'll be the home of the 5th gate. It is believed it'll open for the 50th anniversary.

I have a ton of pictures of the Fantasyland expansion, but I am having trouble uploading them to this site Help please?!

Let the discussions begin...
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: A Few Rumors and Fun Facts I learned on Trip Last Week 2/26-3/3/2012

A couple thoughts...
    EPCOT- Is this a definite? If so, there is plenty of room between China and Germany.
    Bambi- Never would have thought of that. Opening date?
    5th Gate- 50th makes sense.. But Villans? Please no. That would ruin the magic for little kids. Vault is stupid and ruins the purpose of retired attractions. Marvel isn't Disney.
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

I think some of the rumors from CM's are told just to see how quickly they can be posted to the internet
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Interesting....
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I think some of the rumors from CM's are told just to see how quickly they can be posted to the internet
    Totally agree. CM's love messing with guest's heads. They probably have a training session for it.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

While I certainly don't believe all these rumors, they were entertaining to read, like good urban myths.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    While I certainly don't believe all these rumors, they were entertaining to read, like good urban myths.

My thoughts as well, though the Bambi attraction opening in Snow White's spot seems like it would be a really easy transition - track is already there, the forest theming, etc...just have to change up the ride vehicles, props, etc. and your good to go.

As for Brazil, I agree there is plenty of space between China and Germany, but so many people had heard they were getting rid of one country and trading it for another that I felt the need to add it to this list.

According to multiple CMs, they know things as soon as we know things. In fact, many said they get their info from allears, mouseplanet, and this site However, they are there a lot more than most of us, so I feel as though they'd be best to validate or discount any rumors based on what they see going on. If you notice, I posted this thread under the "Rumors" thread - I can't confirm or deny any of this - but I felt it would be fun to share to see what everyone thought.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Sometimes I agree the cast members try to put us off the scent of what's actually happening... Though I'd agree that these things could be plausible... I'm unsure if they will come to fruition... They may just stay rumors...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Exactly.

Most of that is a huge load.

The Haunted Mansion is not going to be expanded. China and Japan are not going anywhere. A fifth gate is as likely as building a new WDW in Marceline.

And the Johnny Depp thing is the most laughable.

As is the Madame "Leona" thing.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Somehow I'm not seeing a ton of Disney cast members all spreading false rumors. No one's job (not even at Disney's $6/hr pay rate) is worthing jeopardizing by everyone meeting up and agreeing to start spreading rumos all within one person's trip. Nothing in what was posted is plausable. Apparently you're trying to celebrate April Fools Day a bit early. It is a nice attempt to get a rumor thread going, and I applaud you. It'll be fun to debate the points, although many of these topics have been done to death. But as fact, they're all nonsense, obviously. And to the rubes who post within this thread as if these were true, for shame. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    Last edited by supernova; 03-11-2012 at 09:50 AM.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Most of this read as a wish list a child declares as fact - assuming if he does so - it will come true.

Bambi is the only thing on here that sounds remotely plausible but then quickly falls apart in the fact that Snow White is right on the verge of closing in full swing of the expansion and there has been nothing even hinted by Disney that the plans for that area has changed.

I'm sure whatever cast members you heard this from are either pulling guests legs for fun or are repeating the scuttlebutt they heard elsewhere without any truly credible sources.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I still maintain that adding a new park is unnecessary and shouldn't happen for another ten years at least
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Most of this read as a wish list a child declares as fact - assuming if he does so - it will come true.

Bambi is the only thing on here that sounds remotely plausible but then quickly falls apart in the fact that Snow White is right on the verge of closing in full swing of the expansion and there has been nothing even hinted by Disney that the plans for that area has changed.

I'm sure whatever cast members you heard this from are either pulling guests legs for fun or are repeating the scuttlebutt they heard elsewhere without any truly credible sources.
    Which is why again, I really don't believe that WDW staff is going to jeopardize their $6/hr jobs by spreading false stories and lying to guests. I think this was more the original poster having some fun and trying to get a debate going, albeit over some fairly dead horses.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

They aren't necessarily knowingly spreading false rumors. Sometimes all they hear are the same rumors we hear from external sources, and then it spreads around internally. Some also believe the urban myths about the place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    - EPCOT: Yes, Brazil is being added to World Showcase and no, no one is happy about it. However, whats more upsetting is they aren't just "adding" a country, they are taking out either China or Japan as a result. The rumor is it'll be Japan because China is more popular, but I can't see Disney getting rid of either one of these for political reasons. What do you think?
    Almost certainly not going to happen. And definitely not Japan. They've got a good sponsorship from Mitsukoshi, and they just rehabbed the counter service, and the tables services just a couple years ago. Not sure how China is more popular, except perhaps for the food.

- Fantasyland Expansion: Snow White's Scary Adventures is NOT being replaced by a princess Meet & Greet since there will already be one in Belle's cottage and Rupunzel's new Meet & Greet where the old Fantasyland skyway loading dock used to be. Instead, CMs have heard they will be putting in a Bambi themed ride instead. Personally, I hope this is true! MK doesn't need anymore meet & greets in my opinion.
    The old Fantasyland Skyway location is becoming bathrooms, replacing the ones next to Peter Pan's Flight. Lousy location for a meet and greet. And Belle and Ariel had already been expected to have their own M&Gs at their respective locations. The rest got left out when they changed to add the mine coaster.

- There is also a rumor that they may expand the Haunted Mansion into the area where Fantasyland's Loading Dock used to be (share that land with Rupunzel M&G)...as a group, we didn't think this was a logically thought out rumor.
    The only thing I've heard was trying to rework the pathway due to the narrow archway, possibly routing out around the shop, which would then bring it inside the HM perimeter. Haven't heard of that in a while though.

- Dumbo is extremely close to Grand Prix Raceway, and as far as CMs are aware, there aren't any plans to separate the two lands, at least in the short term.
    If there isn't anything there now, then it's evident that they probably won't do anything short term. Dumbo was supposed to open today but pushed back to the 31st last I heard. They did soft-open some of the other areas today though. [Edit: Dumbo did soft open as well, although I don't know for how long]

- Did you know that Madame Leona in the Haunted Mansion is surrounded by intruder sensors? If and when they go off, Madame Leona and her crystal ball immediately get pulled up into the ceiling behind a trap door so no one can take off with it. Madame Leona's crystal ball is worth thousands of dollars, Disney doesn't want anyone walking off with it.
    Most attractions have sensors which can trigger a shutdown. I don't know about hiding the crystal ball, but I can see it happening - not for value, but to hide the illusion if they have to turn on the lights.

- Hyperion Wharf is still on hold...two buildings have been demolished in Pleasure Island, then they halted the project indefinitely until Imagineers can work a few kinks out of their original plans. This has been suspended for about a year now. Among the bars that were knocked down was the Adventurer's Club.
    The Hyperion Wharf concept isn't on hold. It's dead. Reportedly someone realized they were re-implementing the Boardwalk. They are working on a new plan. They still can't figure out what they are doing, as it's been reworked several times now (Hyperion Wharf was the name of the most recent plan).

And just to show this one was false, the Adventurer's Club still stands - but there has been some rumbling in the past week or so that they may continue with the demolition soon.

- Did you know that Johnny Depp occasionally drops by and plays Captain Jack Sparrow at the show outside of PoTC? The guests never know, but the CMs do! For all you know, you may have been standing 10 feet from Johnny Depp and didn't know it!
    Myth. Much like the one that says he occasionally pops in to Pirates of the Caribbean and takes his place on the chair...which would involve removing a rather expensive AA unit.

- Last but not least! 5TH GATE! Rumor is it'll be one of two things...
    1. Vault Disney and a Villians Land - a park dedicated to all things Villain on one side and the other will be ALL attractions that have been done away with over the years.
    2. Villains/Marvel Superheroes Themed Park - This sounds more logical to me.
    They are clearing land behind Cast Member's Parking at MK, though no one knows for sure if that'll be the home of the 5th gate. It is believed it'll open for the 50th anniversary.
    #1 is a fairly recent rumor, of rebuilding old attractions. Impractical though. The Villains park has been rumored for years.

#2 Is likely impractical, as Universal maintains the rights to most of the headline Marvel characters, and Disney can't use them until Universal decides to give them up.

A 5th park is in general impractical for the costs, while they have plenty of expansion opportunities at DHS and AK and don't have to spend nearly as much in capital and can used existing infrastructure.

Also, IIRC there isn't a lot of room behind the MK (i.e. to the north) within the RCID boundaries. There is potentially room to the west, but there are also plenty of other areas as well that can feed well of existing roadways. And isn't the current castmember parking already at the extreme edge of RCID, along Reams Rd.?
    Last edited by doconeill; 03-12-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Which effectively closes this thread. Good night, everyone.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast