Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mo Noyz HG made a point earlier that if Disney were to borrow money the residents would have a vote as to whether they did or not. ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    HG made a point earlier that if Disney were to borrow money the residents would have a vote as to whether they did or not.

Renters do not have a say in what the owner does. If the owner wants to borrow money for improvements/renovations/expansions/whathaveyou, the owner makes that decision.

There is no vote.

Not unless an arrangement is previously agreed upon.

That is not what HG said. Take a look at the posts before and after mine. Until your bizarre comment of "Renters do not vote owners do." and took the thread down a need for a Civic's 101 refresher course.

We were discussing the community. Not individual personal property. We weren't discussing renters in private homes. We were discussing representation and voting rights afforded to Americans. If a Community borrows money it is put on a referendum and the residents get to vote. It doesn't matter if they are renters in that community or owners. General Elections don't have special little ballots for renters and owners of property or proof of home ownership when a community is holding a general election. If you are a registered voter in that community you get to vote on everything on the ballot. That is why I said a community would never work as Walt dreamed, because it would have to be governed without WDW or Walt.

If I am going to make improvements on my own property, I don't vote on it. There is not a special General Election to do home improvements. You get a permit and do so. There is not representation on home improvements, just city codes and zoning.

So no that isn't what HG said.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    My grandmother rents her condo. She is still eligible to vote on the community board. Likewise, she can vote on Staten Island, having moved from Mulberry Street in Manhattan to this borough three years ago. Which vote are we talking about in this instance? Maybe I didn't scroll up far enough.
    Exactly! If I rented an apartment from Walt and there was a General Election held within the community or referendums I would get to vote as a renter, it would not matter if Walt owned the dang building.

I still own my previous condo in another community that I rent out. When that city holds referendums on borrowing money for projects within the community, my renters get to vote, I, the owner, do not.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-01-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: auto correct. oy
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Here's an idea that I forgot to throw in - with Kodak seemingly on the brink of extinction, could the Colorvision name eventually pop up on Disney brochures?
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Kodak paid to have their logo on the maps, the picture spots, etc. in addition to being on the pavilion and the ImageWorks area itself. From the sounds of it they aren't big enough for that level of sponsorship, and are only putting in some greenscreen photo stuff in the ImageWorks area, as a sponsor of the ImageWorks area alone, and even then "sponsor" might be too strong a word.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

It will be interesting to see, then, what becomes of Kodak and WDW - will they continue to fork out the $$ to have their name all over Disney? Or...can they?
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456