Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision? in the News & Rumors forums; Rumors are building on twitter, forums, Facebook that the Imagination Pavilion is getting a new sponsor and upgrades are being planned. Here are a few that have been tossing around ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision?

Rumors are building on twitter, forums, Facebook that the Imagination Pavilion is getting a new sponsor and upgrades are being planned.

Here are a few that have been tossing around the possibilities:

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...-pavilion.html

http://corporate.amazingpictures.com/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=834775
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision?
    I think I'd prefer Colorforms. Or perhaps Colecovision?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Colecovision?!

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong!

And all the youngsters are saying, "what?"

Precisely
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Interesting. I know there was talk of a big new sponsor back in 2010, that reportedly was interested in bringing back the original ride, or at least something closer to it, but as far as I know it fell apart.

Not sure this sponsor would be big enough to pull that off. Given their size and background, I'm more likely to believe that the are just taking over the imageworks area to do virtual photography stuff...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

So they're sponsoring one ride and the movie? Would a new movie involve money from them or is that all Disney's dime? I haven't explored whatever's left of the exit since I usually keep going once off (however rarely I even bother with it) and bypass the gift shop. But I can't imagine it's anywhere near as involved as the upstairs area used to be. Maybe a new sponsor would help to get that going again? I always wonder if it's worth something like that to a new sponsor coming in. After they help develop it and realize that the advertising associated with the pavilion isn't making them anything extra, the concepts and attractions they once helped to bring in are now left for a future sponsor to claim as their own, I would imagine?

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    ...Given their size and background, I'm more likely to believe that the are just taking over the imageworks area to do virtual photography stuff...
    Doc,

This makes a lot of sense to me, but I wonder how extensive of a upstairs rehab they would be willing to undertake. Just the thought of them actually doing something with the pavilion gives me a little lift in my step. Those walk-through videos of the old image works area are pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Interesting. I know there was talk of a big new sponsor back in 2010, that reportedly was interested in bringing back the original ride, or at least something closer to it, but as far as I know it fell apart.

Not sure this sponsor would be big enough to pull that off. Given their size and background, I'm more likely to believe that the are just taking over the imageworks area to do virtual photography stuff...
    I tend to agree. If it does happen at least it is a start and maybe Disney could convince someone else to take over that ailing pavilion. As much as I loved the original Figment when my children were small, to restore the ride to what it was would, to me be a time warp. They could still return Figment but it would almost need to be Figment in the new millennium 'cause the old Figment would not be considered "Future World" by any means.

Disney dumped the name and went to DHS at that park when it changed directions. I'm thinking maybe Disney needs to dump the "Future World" concept and admit they have have pulled away from the educational aspect of the park and move forward.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by weepstah View Post
    Doc,

This makes a lot of sense to me, but I wonder how extensive of a upstairs rehab they would be willing to undertake. Just the thought of them actually doing something with the pavilion gives me a little lift in my step. Those walk-through videos of the old image works area are pretty depressing.
    And that is if they are even talking about that space. They could be re-purposing the area they used last on ground level, the store area. Upstairs, they would have to pull out the old stuff but the area itself is in good shape and just needs interior design work and new station areas installed.

Disney really does need to make that area more inviting to families with children. Mission, Test Track, Soar'n are not young family friendly. DHS is not overly friendly for young families either anymore. AK is a bit more, but really if Disney wants to hook the latest generation of young families on WDW they are going to need to have enough attractions that are family friendly.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Right, I was only talking of the lower area, that had the motion-sensing music stuff and the picture areas, and of course the gift shop. Seems right up Colorvision's alley.

I'd love for them to reopen upstairs - I never got to experience it myself.

Although I think the "imagination" theme could stay with Future World, it still definitely needs an update. As for the rest of Future World, the future for the most part caught up and surpassed it...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, to be fair, Journey was never "futuristic" in any way. Even when it first opened. Maybe some of the stuff in the upstairs arcade, or the motion sensors you mentioned. But definitely not the ride.

And yes, as I've stated many times, Future World's biggest downfall was the internet. You don't have to go to EPCOT to see cutting edge technology anymore. It's all right there at your finger tips.

[QUOTE=doconeill;998885]

I'd love for them to reopen upstairs - I never got to experience it myself.
    QUOTE]

That is a big miss. It was so far ahead of its time. When my children were small we could easily stay in the pavilion a couple of hours, same with WoL and The Land. Spaceship Earth had the cool after ride area that took an hour, then we would ride Motion and Horizons. The seas took at least an hour.No way could my young family do all of Future World in one day. It was a wonderful place to take a young family, no measuring for height aside from Body Wars and originally that had an age of 3 and my son rode it at 3 (not DD though).

They are young adults now and I think of Grandchildren someday, they will have far less to experience if it stays this way. It isn't moving forward, it is totally moving young families out of the equation.

Agreed, HG.

EPCOT has really been a thorn in Disney's side from opening day.

It started with, "it's too boring and educational". Now it's, "there is nothing for families with small children to do in Future World".

If there is a middle ground, I sure as heck don't know what it is. I say we just compromise and bring back 80's EPCOT.

I'm not sure that there is a middle ground. My thought process is there needs to be balance. As my kids aged they needed more in Future World to hold their interest and I understand the adding of more thrill type attractions. Yet rather than just add them the family attractions were sacrificed instead.

From a financial stand point it isn't a good idea to have guests with young families spend less days at Disney parks because there isn't enough to occupy them. Universals Parks have areas dedicated to the small, the new Lego Park will also draw these families. While these young families might stay in the resorts, they are more inclined to split their time between the parks because the young families are no longer part of the equation. Thinking way back, exactly the reason Disneyland was built. By the time my youngest of 2 children turned 5, we had 9 two week vacations under our belts. That would not happen today. The draw for that age is gone. For the most part my kids were not excited to stand in line to greet the characters. I liked the photo's, not them, well except for those Teenage Mutant Turtles, my DS at 4 and 5 could have stayed with them all day. lol.

The name "Future World" is just getting Disney in trouble as is Tomorrowland in the MK, they would do themselves a favor by renaming it. Same with Tomorrowland. Ya they'd take some heat for it but in the long run it is only a name the areas would still be there.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have mixed feelings about the fact that things referring to the "future" being a problem for Disney. Tackling the future wasn't a problem for Walt Disney, he was fully committed to it. I agree on what I've seen on some other websites - there is an inspirational factor with the future that is effective - especially with kids (IMO). Any land dedicated to the future is always going to be a loss leader. Disney the company is deferring on the future now - look at Spaceship Earth - great on tackling past achievements, but the "great decline" can be taken a lot of different ways, not too many of them with a positive spin.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast