Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Tower of Terror? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by SoupBone "Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst, stars of The Wonderful World of Disney's upcoming Tower of Terror, came out strongly pro-Toad" I saw this on the Save ...
    jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    "Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst, stars of The Wonderful World of Disney's upcoming Tower of Terror, came out strongly pro-Toad"

I saw this on the Save Mr Toads Wild Ride site. What parts do they have in the ride? I never recognized either of them or their voices. Oh and for those that don't know Steve is Mahoney from Police Academy...lol :mickey:
    I have strong dislike for this movie. Tower of Terror movie is nothing like the cbs show that the ride is based off. They needed to make the movie darker, and maybe then I would like the film.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    They needed to make the movie darker, and maybe then I would like the film.

Don't go to the dark side, Jarod!
    They call me "Nana"

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I haven't seen it in years, but all I can remember is finding it really boring!
    Last edited by 20K; 06-21-2005 at 02:13 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I haven't seen it in years, but all I can remember is finding it really boring!
    At least you can remember it! I know I watched it, but I don't remember a thing! I put it in my netflix queue to remember.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcoolgirl15
    Personally, I liked ToT better than the HM movie. But, that's just me I guess.
    I hate to say it, but I haven't see either one yet... and I have HM on DVD .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Here is the iMDB listing, for those that are interested. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131620/

It also has an interesting bit at the bottom, listing it as the first Disney movie to be based on one of their attractions, with it being used almost as a pilot. Even more surprising to me is the fact that Mission To Mars was done by them as well. I always assumed it was just a coincidence that there used to be an attraction with the same name!
    Last edited by 20K; 06-22-2005 at 04:50 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

BellhopMicah is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I liked it. But you know, they kind of ruined it at the end with the Hotel re-openign again with HAPPY bellhops. >_<;

:p

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I didn't like the HM movie at all, I like my Eddie Murphy raw and delirious (pardon the pun), and I didn't even like the POTC movie the first time I saw it (although now I love it. I had just seen Master & Commander, which I loved, and I thought POTC was too fantastical).

I remember seeing the Guttenberg in that ToT movie when I was younger. I think I watched half of it and changed the channel (wasn't it a made-for-TV thing?). I can't stand the Guttenberg.

I think I was hoping for something a bit more dark and closer to the TV show (one of my favorite shows of all time).

If we can dream it, we can do it

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    My DD loves TOT movie. We saw it while on vacation last halloween at WDW on the Disney Channel and spents the next few months trying to find it on DVD. It wasn't available in Canada. I can't remember where we found it, on the internet I think. Amazon or something.

It's not a bad movie. Comparing it to POTC and HM is like comparing apples to oranges, since they are feature films and TOT was a TV movie.

Kirsten Dunst is one of DD's idols and she is really wanting to be an actress now. She is only 9years old but I think we will let her give it a try.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Tower of Terror movie was 100000000000000000000000000000x better than the Haunted Mansion movie. God... The Tower of Terror movie really does not get the credit it rightfully deserves.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofysMommy
    The Tower of Terror movie was 100000000000000000000000000000x better than the Haunted Mansion movie. God... The Tower of Terror movie really does not get the credit it rightfully deserves.
    really.
    that IS surprising (definitely not that a movie could be better than HM but that ToT is being called underrated).
    I'll give it another chance if I get the opportunity.

If we can dream it, we can do it

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    really.
    that IS surprising (definitely not that a movie could be better than HM but that ToT is being called underrated).
    I'll give it another chance if I get the opportunity.
    Oh gosh PLEASE give it another chance! Lol. You won't regret it. It's just a simple, great, funny movie. It's no Oscar winner or anything but it's GOOD!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I really liked the ToT movie!!:mickey:
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

brs21280 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I liked ToT better than Haunted Mansion....Adult Abigail was very creepy, for a made for TV movie!
    Brs21280

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think that if Disney put as much effort into POTC as they did inTOT then we would have had another fantastic (sarcasm) strait to video movie. I remember turning that movie on and falling asleep sometime around when they see the first ghost, an actress I think.
    I think that disney redeamed there ride to movie credit with POTC and then wavered a bit with the HM. It had its good moments but I dont think its a movie you would see on even Eddie Murphy's movie shelf.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast